Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2022, 11:48 AM

453 posts, read 502,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso Shiso View Post
I had quite the scare this morning when I got a notification from Housing Connect that my application was rejected even though I submitted my additional documents last Saturday. It turns out that because I emailed my documents to them directly (as opposed to submitting on Housing Connect), Housing Connect thought I had neglected to submit them and automatically rejected me. I confirmed with the marketing agent over the phone that they received my documents and my application is still under review.

So looks like they're still taking time to review documents and running a different process than what is on Housing Connect!
Oh no! I'm glad you got it sorted. Let us know when you get to the next step

Wish they would hurry up a bit and call the next batch. I'm so impatient! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2022, 06:32 PM

800 posts, read 736,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
Oh no! I'm glad you got it sorted. Let us know when you get to the next step

Wish they would hurry up a bit and call the next batch. I'm so impatient! lol
I’m getting really impatient too

Old 05-04-2022, 09:48 AM

Guys - any updates on this at all? Any log numbers from 500-1000 heard back yet?

It seems to have been 2 weeks since any movement (April 20th). Seems like a long while for them to be reviewing documents for the first batch.

Old 05-04-2022, 11:42 AM

63 posts, read 65,529 times
Somewhat of an update: I have a super low log number for another building near Sven, so I went to tour the other building and popped by Sven after to walk around the neighborhood. Other building was nice but it had very few amenities and think I'd prefer Sven even though I haven't toured it yet.

Anyway, called the Sven team to try and get an update and they couldn't give me much info about how they are progressing, but here's what I did find out...
- They're looking to move lotto winners in around June/July
- They're doing eligibility verification (income, assets, etc) on a large batch of people since there are a lot of units, but they couldn't tell me whether anyone has been sent through to HPD at this point or how far along they were
- For each person, they said this step takes about three weeks and then they'll send packets to HPD
- They mailed my retirement fund company with some paperwork to fill out, so they are doing the full review on everything it seems like

My guess is that they might be trying to get as many people verified as possible before sending packets to HPD, but not certain.

On the neighborhood: tons of restaurants and grocery stores around, lots of subway options, and the park next to Sven is set to open in May 2023. The biggest downside was the noise. There was an above ground subway stop right next to Sven and it was really loud every five minutes. Also went around rush hour and traffic was terrible, but there were lots of walkways for pedestrians.

I think I'm going to withdraw from the other lottery and place my bets on Sven, but a bit nervous about it. The good thing is that my log number is lower than the number of units I'm eligible for, which means if everything goes right I should get a unit. But I also don't want to be stuck with $2,700 1BR as my only option because that's a bit higher than my budget.

Sorry I couldn't get more info but hopefully this helps!!

Old 05-04-2022, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloitsmeeee View Post
Somewhat of an update: I have a super low log number for another building near Sven, so I went to tour the other building and popped by Sven after to walk around the neighborhood. Other building was nice but it had very few amenities and think I'd prefer Sven even though I haven't toured it yet.

Anyway, called the Sven team to try and get an update and they couldn't give me much info about how they are progressing, but here's what I did find out...
- They're doing eligibility verification (income, assets, etc) on a large batch of people since there are a lot of units, but they couldn't tell me whether anyone has been sent through to HPD at this point or how far along they were
- For each person, they said this step takes about three weeks and then they'll send packets to HPD
- They mailed my retirement fund company with some paperwork to fill out, so they are doing the full review on everything it seems like

My guess is that they might be trying to get as many people verified as possible before sending packets to HPD, but not certain.

On the neighborhood: tons of restaurants and grocery stores around, lots of subway options, and the park next to Sven is set to open in May 2023. The biggest downside was the noise. There was an above ground subway stop right next to Sven and it was really loud every five minutes. Also went around rush hour and traffic was terrible, but there were lots of walkways for pedestrians.

I think I'm going to withdraw from the other lottery and place my bets on Sven, but a bit nervous about it. The good thing is that my log number is lower than the number of units I'm eligible for, which means if everything goes right I should get a unit. But I also don't want to be stuck with $2,700 1BR as my only option because that's a bit higher than my budget.

Oh, wow - thank you! That is super helpful.

Really glad to know the area is nice. I'm not thrilled about it being so close to the rail / expressway but hopefully the inside is quiet. I'm considering booking a tour of market rate units this weekend because I am just so impatient! I am convinced that a tower of such design isn't likely to alter floor space drastically along the various lines so hopefully layouts will remain the same as market rate ones for the lottery apartments.

That is crazy that they snail mail paperwork to the retirement fund company. If they say it takes around 3 weeks, them perhaps that process will be complete for the first batch (1-500 afaik) at the end of this week, then another 3 weeks for the next batch. Hopefully my group (11xx) will hear back at the end of this month!

If your number is that low, I wouldn't worry about pinning all hopes on SVEN as so long as you qualify then it sounds pretty much in the bag. I guess the only risk would be that you like the building a bit less when you actually see it. Have you considered viewing market rate apartments?

Old 05-04-2022, 12:10 PM

30 posts, read 25,761 times
Quote:

Any insight on the parking situation in that area? Thanks in advance!

Old 05-04-2022, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkzee View Post
I'm sure you could message via the official route to enquire re how many spaces and the cost etc? (not mentioning that you are a lottery applicant)

Old 05-04-2022, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
Oh, wow - thank you! That is super helpful.

Really glad to know the area is nice. I'm not thrilled about it being so close to the rail / expressway but hopefully the inside is quiet. I'm considering booking a tour of market rate units this weekend because I am just so impatient! I am convinced that a tower of such design isn't likely to alter floor space drastically along the various lines so hopefully layouts will remain the same as market rate ones for the lottery apartments.

That is crazy that they snail mail paperwork to the retirement fund company. If they say it takes around 3 weeks, them perhaps that process will be complete for the first batch (1-500 afaik) at the end of this week, then another 3 weeks for the next batch. Hopefully my group (11xx) will hear back at the end of this month!

If your number is that low, I wouldn't worry about pinning all hopes on SVEN as so long as you qualify then it sounds pretty much in the bag. I guess the only risk would be that you like the building a bit less when you actually see it. Have you considered viewing market rate apartments?
I thought about trying to view a market rate but think I will just wait till they call me for a tour. But let us know if you end up checking them out!

Old 05-04-2022, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I thought about trying to view a market rate but think I will just wait till they call me for a tour. But let us know if you end up checking them out!
Will do!

Old 05-04-2022, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkzee View Post
I don't have a car so I didn't look into that. But I think I saw some parking garages nearby!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery