Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2023, 09:58 AM

31 posts, read 20,016 times

Advertisements

No updates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2023, 01:11 PM

Has anyone been contacted?

Old 11-26-2023, 06:06 PM

115 posts, read 70,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len101 View Post
Has anyone been contacted?
Nope. I'm waiting until December 1 to reach out again.

Old 11-26-2023, 07:01 PM

Ok. Hopefully something happens soon. I am hoping that someone who is cb get contacted this week so gp will be soon followed. I would like to move by 2024. Fingers crossed.

Old 11-27-2023, 11:20 AM

Does anyone know if they said they’re waiting for the certificate of occupancy before they start tenant selection again? If so, they still don’t have one.

Old 11-27-2023, 04:53 PM

45 posts, read 31,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambor718 View Post
Does anyone know if they said they’re waiting for the certificate of occupancy before they start tenant selection again? If so, they still don’t have one.

I belive so , that's what I was told last time since they failed the last inspection .

Old 11-28-2023, 06:19 AM

28 posts, read 10,585 times
Hi all! I've been lurking here for a while and am finally jumping in. So appreciate all the updates from y'all. I'm a log # in the high 3XXX and have CB preference. I also got to view the apartments back in May and submitted my unit preferences, but was never contacted after that. Since it sounds like some of you were then contacted (and tentatively offered a unit?) I'm wondering if I still have a shot... But maybe we're in the running for different units and they only got to that group before things paused?

Best of luck to us all, it would be great if we were all neighbors!

Old 11-28-2023, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK1328 View Post
Hi all! I've been lurking here for a while and am finally jumping in. So appreciate all the updates from y'all. I'm a log # in the high 3XXX and have CB preference. I also got to view the apartments back in May and submitted my unit preferences, but was never contacted after that. Since it sounds like some of you were then contacted (and tentatively offered a unit?) I'm wondering if I still have a shot... But maybe we're in the running for different units and they only got to that group before things paused?

Best of luck to us all, it would be great if we were all neighbors!
Hey! Glad to see another May tour person here! What units were you looking at and your AMI range? That might help us figure out why you weren’t contacted again. Have you followed up with anyone?

Old 11-28-2023, 11:48 AM

28 posts, read 10,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambor718 View Post
Hey! Glad to see another May tour person here! What units were you looking at and your AMI range? That might help us figure out why you weren’t contacted again. Have you followed up with anyone?
I'm in the 80% range looking at 1-bedroom units (they told me that the studios had significant construction issues and wouldn't be ready for a long time lol).

I texted Gabi, who led my tour, with my preferences for units (as instructed) but never hear back from her. In June I emailed Susan just to make sure I didn't miss a communication, and she told me that "The building isn’t completely ready yet so no worries. I will reach out to you closer to completion with next steps to finalize your application."

Then in September I e-mailed Susan to ask if there were updates and on 9/5 she said "This building is still in construction so there may be delays in file processing through October-Novemeber. Please continue to monitor your Housing Connect dashboard for updates."

Then on 9/28 I got the email that I think we all got that said "File processing has paused for this project while construction completes. There has been delays in construction and it may take a while; we do not have a definite timeframe at this time. Please continue to monitor your Housing Connect dashboard for updates. We apologize for the inconvenience. Note: Your documentation hasn’t been reviewed yet or verified for eligibility. We will request updated documentation when file processing resumes."

That's the last I was in touch with Susan, but have been following on here to get the scoop!

Sorry that was a long post, but seems like folks here are interested to share all the intel we can!

Old 11-28-2023, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK1328 View Post
I'm in the 80% range looking at 1-bedroom units (they told me that the studios had significant construction issues and wouldn't be ready for a long time lol).

I texted Gabi, who led my tour, with my preferences for units (as instructed) but never hear back from her. In June I emailed Susan just to make sure I didn't miss a communication, and she told me that "The building isn’t completely ready yet so no worries. I will reach out to you closer to completion with next steps to finalize your application."

Then in September I e-mailed Susan to ask if there were updates and on 9/5 she said "This building is still in construction so there may be delays in file processing through October-Novemeber. Please continue to monitor your Housing Connect dashboard for updates."

Then on 9/28 I got the email that I think we all got that said "File processing has paused for this project while construction completes. There has been delays in construction and it may take a while; we do not have a definite timeframe at this time. Please continue to monitor your Housing Connect dashboard for updates. We apologize for the inconvenience. Note: Your documentation hasn’t been reviewed yet or verified for eligibility. We will request updated documentation when file processing resumes."

That's the last I was in touch with Susan, but have been following on here to get the scoop!

Sorry that was a long post, but seems like folks here are interested to share all the intel we can!
The more detailed the better! Lol! Did you respond to Gabi immediately or did you take some time? I texted her maybe 20 min after the tour. Maybe by the time you texted her they paused everything due to construction? I’m 130 AMI 2 bed, log 4xxx. I have learned from this forum the 80% bracket is much more competitive…maybe that’s why they didn’t respond to you or assign units yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery