Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2023, 03:17 PM

115 posts, read 69,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacky20 View Post
Emailed Susan
"The process has paused as construction is delayed"
Ugh she said that today? I wonder if the HPD person I spoke to misread the status of the project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2023, 07:36 AM

45 posts, read 31,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambor718 View Post
HPD said the process is now in tenant selection. I haven’t heard any updates from reside or anything like that. Hopefully good news soon for us all!

What do you mean by the process is now tenant selection ?

Old 10-21-2023, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacky20 View Post
What do you mean by the process is now tenant selection ?
I’m not sure. I called HPD Thursday morning and someone looked into the project. I asked if it was still paused and she looked and said it now says “tenant selection”. I figured that means it’s back in progress again but I haven’t heard anything. She forwarded my info to the project manager but I haven’t heard anything

Sorry I respond so quick, I stalk this thread because I’m so anxious lol

Old 10-21-2023, 10:08 AM

31 posts, read 19,920 times
Construction has paused. Wow. This is kinda confusing since market rate apartments are being advertised for move in next month. What can we do but just wait and keep applying for other apartments.

Old 10-22-2023, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambor718 View Post
I’m not sure. I called HPD Thursday morning and someone looked into the project. I asked if it was still paused and she looked and said it now says “tenant selection”. I figured that means it’s back in progress again but I haven’t heard anything. She forwarded my info to the project manager but I haven’t heard anything

Sorry I respond so quick, I stalk this thread because I’m so anxious lol

I emailed Susan about "tenant selection" and construction delay but she hasn't replied yet.
+

Old 10-22-2023, 10:47 AM

I admittedly know nothing about construction, but I don’t see how this will be ready for 11/15 when they say market rate apts will be available. Some apartments still don’t have appliances, there is construction on all sides with a lot of heavy equipment. I guess anything can happen in 3 weeks but I’m not sure. I looked in the back (through a hole in the fence lol) and the ramp leading to the back entrance is still plywood.

Old 10-22-2023, 11:11 AM

This response made my Sunday. I could so see myself looking into a hole also to see what progress is being made. I needed that laugh.

Old 10-23-2023, 09:01 AM

From Susan

I haven’t received the go-ahead from ownership/management regarding processing the units further.

The project is still on hold.

Old 10-27-2023, 08:40 AM

Anyone have any updates?

Susan confirmed it was still on hold a few days ago, so I called HPD to see why someone on their end told me it was in the process of tenant selection. The project manager was out of the office yesterday, and the man who answered the phone did not look into it. Tried calling HPD today but can’t get through.

Old 10-27-2023, 02:17 PM

No updates on my side but I am so ready to start packing and donating clothing and shoes. I am not even CB but crossing my fingers that I will make the cut. Has anyone passed by the building recently?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery