Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2023, 01:04 PM

115 posts, read 70,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel998 View Post
Hi
We can expect updates on this project end of Dec but no later than Feb.
What?! Who told you that? I feel like it will always keep getting pushed back lol hopefully they stick to December -_-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2023, 01:46 PM

31 posts, read 20,016 times
To be honest I am so disappointed that I am beginning to lose interest in the building. And them I am wondering that if the building has so many delays whether it will have issues. Maybe I am just overthinking. Is this even normal. I read from the time the lottery end it usually 2 to 10 months. Let me stop. Everything will work out.

Old 11-10-2023, 03:44 PM

45 posts, read 31,428 times
Quote:
Hi
We can expect updates on this project end of Dec but no later than Feb.
At this rate 2024.

Old 11-10-2023, 08:22 PM

4 posts, read 1,287 times
Building has failed inspection and issues need to be corrected. After corrected they will then have to contact the state again to come and re-inspect . The state does not come in the next day it can take sometimes 2-3 weeks. Other than that they still have construction and appliances to bring in so we need to exercise more patience as the building is not in tenant selection just yet.
I call HPD atleast once a week to speak to someone higher up. Right now, im just applying to other buildings because this one is taking forever and I feel like where they can start to do certain things like review applications etc they have not. Now when the building is finally complete imma have to wait for susan for another 3 weeks to review over 40 applications plus others from another lottery.

Old 11-11-2023, 06:10 PM

45 posts, read 31,428 times
Quote:
Building has failed inspection and issues need to be corrected. After corrected they will then have to contact the state again to come and re-inspect . The state does not come in the next day it can take sometimes 2-3 weeks. Other than that they still have construction and appliances to bring in so we need to exercise more patience as the building is not in tenant selection just yet.
I call HPD atleast once a week to speak to someone higher up. Right now, im just applying to other buildings because this one is taking forever and I feel like where they can start to do certain things like review applications etc they have not. Now when the building is finally complete imma have to wait for susan for another 3 weeks to review over 40 applications plus others from another lottery.

I completely agree. That document review should be done at least this way we know how to plan stuff on our end rather than last minute planning

Old 11-11-2023, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Wow, very interesting! Did they mention what issues? How do you get this info? When I call HPD they don’t tell me anything and Susan is very brief.

Old 11-12-2023, 03:15 PM

4 posts, read 1,287 times
No they didnt get into the specifics. When i call again later this week to find out whats going on I will ask, Just call and be assertive.
Everytime I call though someone tells me a different story so sometimes I dont even know what to believe.

Old 11-12-2023, 03:45 PM

I walked past again today like I do weekly, lol. They are finally paving the last side of the building! This is great progress, I think. Even better, they took the paper down from the windows so you could see into the lobby. And we saw a person inside! My assertive MIL asked to speak to him, lol. They are doing private market rate showings now with a potential 12/15 move in date. Unfortunately he knew nothing about the housing connect side of things we wanted to ask him if we could go in and see but my pride got the best of me lol. Super nice guy, though. He said people have been applying for the market rate apartments

Old 11-13-2023, 09:00 PM

31 posts, read 20,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambor718 View Post
I walked past again today like I do weekly, lol. They are finally paving the last side of the building! This is great progress, I think. Even better, they took the paper down from the windows so you could see into the lobby. And we saw a person inside! My assertive MIL asked to speak to him, lol. They are doing private market rate showings now with a potential 12/15 move in date. Unfortunately he knew nothing about the housing connect side of things we wanted to ask him if we could go in and see but my pride got the best of me lol. Super nice guy, though. He said people have been applying for the market rate apartments
Just curious as to how long after do they request documents from cb and gp. I was initially requested April month end bit I am not cb. Haven't been asked to tour and it has been silenced since. When did they initially ask you for documentation as a cb applicant. Trying to estimate so I can make some decisions before the year ends.

Old 11-14-2023, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len101 View Post
Just curious as to how long after do they request documents from cb and gp. I was initially requested April month end bit I am not cb. Haven't been asked to tour and it has been silenced since. When did they initially ask you for documentation as a cb applicant. Trying to estimate so I can make some decisions before the year ends.
Hey Len! I’m trying to recall the best I can from my memory. I had all of this on my old phone. They requested documents in late March from me. Then in either late April or early May they requested a second round. I was asked to tour maybe a day or two after if I recall correctly. Then they cancelled it because the building wasn’t ready yet. They called a week or two later, which was the end of May to reschedule the tour for the following day. Then I told the Reside person (not Susan, a woman who was doing the tours) my ranking of the preferred units that I saw. The next day, I received an email from Susan saying that I was assigned a unit. She requested a few more documents from me, which I sent in by June 1st. It has been a waiting game since!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery