Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2023, 07:30 PM

57 posts, read 49,471 times

Advertisements

I'm a senior and a community board resident in the 40% AMI level with a log number of 14**. Does anyone have a sense of what my odds are of getting contacted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2023, 02:26 PM

26 posts, read 20,248 times
My mom has Log #1xx but no CB preference. Has anyone been contacted yet?

Old 11-16-2023, 02:56 PM

2,034 posts, read 1,648,703 times
Can anyone say if the construction appears to be completed from the outside? Are there any market rate units, and are they being marketed presently? If construction is still ongoing, I don’t forecast a lot of contact with log# holders one week ahead of Thanksgiving. Likewise, December has many holidays and vacation days that might tend to lower the priority for contacting people. Good luck. Enjoy the holidays.

Old 11-17-2023, 09:26 AM

57 posts, read 49,471 times
I passed by yesterday, it's still under construction, but mostly finished. Do they have to wait until it's entirely finished before they begin processing, or might processing already be underway (sluggish as it might be with the holidays ahead)?

Old 11-17-2023, 09:42 AM

FYI this is Community Board 4. Between 14th and 26th streets the east boundary move across 8th Ave to 6th Ave. I don’t know if both sides of the streets and both sides of 6th Ave are included. It is not CB5 which is much of midtown.

Even if all exterior construction is done, interior work might not be, and there are inspections and permits to get once work is completed.

If I were in charge, I’d wait to ask for documents submitting because some documents are considered not valid after 120 days. It’s not a large number of units. It’s a good area so demand should be high.

Old 11-26-2023, 12:18 PM

8 posts, read 5,107 times
I have log #1x, has anyone been contacted yet?

Old 11-27-2023, 04:54 PM

26 posts, read 20,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ira_ View Post
Not yet

Old 11-27-2023, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ira_ View Post
Congratulations on an excellent #. Wait times can be frustratingly long. Don’t let it discourage you. Do not withdraw. Do not let this likely opportunity rule you everyday. After being contacted to submit documents there will be more wait time it’s hard to guess how much or how little. If this new building is not ready to lease out they might not ask for documents quickly, if for no other reason than they have deadlines to meet for other projects.

I have no guess when lottery and non lottery residents to might move in. But I am not guessing this year. There are many Market Rate units in this building. When promotions and ads for these start being run that would be a good sign. Likewise, I think the ground floor will be retail so that can be monitored but this might not be precise. There might be a “Coming Soon” sign for a store, but they need time to build and install all the fixtures, and hire staff.

Two things are massively important if you care to share them many people will appreciate it almost as much as saying when you have been contacted for submit documents.

1) Is someone in your household age 62+? Most but not all the units in this lottery are set aside for such households. The small number of 130% AMI units have no age requirement. The 40/60/80% AMI unit do have the 62+ age requirement.

2) Do you live in Manhattan Community Board 4? More or less, this means Chelsea, Hell’s Kitchen, Clinton, Columbus Circle. Half of the all the units are set aside for such residents. And this set aside is filled before those who do not live in CB4.

If you do not live in Community Board 4, your wait time will be longer while all those units are filled. Although your log# is very low so that should reduce wait time either way.

Map of Manhattan Community Board 4 is on this page. Scroll down:
https://www.nyc.gov/site/communitybo...bout/maps.page

Old 11-28-2023, 08:04 AM

8 posts, read 5,107 times
Thank you! Interesting points, appreciate it! Sure, I'll share if and when I'll be contacted. Regarding my situation:

1. We don't have a household member who is 62 years of age or older. But we have 130% AMI.
2. We don't live in Manhattan Community Board 4.

Still looks like we might have a chance.

Old 11-28-2023, 08:40 AM

2 posts, read 644 times
We have a 6xx log number for this but income just increased (still qualified). Should I go to my profile and change it or should I wait until paper work is asked for (hopefully if the email comes through)

Also what’re the chances getting picked with this number with a senior household member
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery