Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2024, 05:57 PM

394 posts, read 370,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaNYC View Post
Does anyone know how to obtain our Venmo statements for uploading into Housing Connect?
I was able to locate the statements for my PayPal and Cash App accounts, but cannot find one anywhere on the Venmo app. Can we just submit a screenshot instead? TIA!
I couldn’t download it from my phone but I was able to find it on laptop website version
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2024, 06:00 PM

394 posts, read 370,745 times
Anybody know what else is receipts of expenses? I put all my expenses with receipts in a pdf file but still got rejected saying I didn’t submit receipts of expenses.

Also said I didn’t submit assets for self employment but I submitted all my bank/investment/ digital wallet/ 1099/ tax returns what else can I provide to satisfy this requirement?

Old 03-26-2024, 09:49 PM

5 posts, read 3,214 times
I'm hoping someone can offer some clarity on what I may be doing wrong on my applications. Recently, I checked my dashboard and saw I was deemed ineligible for four lotteries even though my income falls within the guidelines.

The reason for rejection I received is “Your application does not match the income and household size guidelines for this project and/or the rental subsidy listed on your application does not sufficiently cover the rent for the units in this project.”

I’ve gotten status “No Units Remaining” for other applications. So, I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong and something may be off with my documents but I don’t what it is? I’m concerned because I’m starting to get low log numbers and I don’t want to miss out on getting a unit due to an error on my end. I was really bummed about one lottery in particular and I didn’t even receive any email notifications about my status change or to appeal it.

Old 03-27-2024, 10:13 AM

115 posts, read 68,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airball126 View Post
I'm hoping someone can offer some clarity on what I may be doing wrong on my applications. Recently, I checked my dashboard and saw I was deemed ineligible for four lotteries even though my income falls within the guidelines.

The reason for rejection I received is “Your application does not match the income and household size guidelines for this project and/or the rental subsidy listed on your application does not sufficiently cover the rent for the units in this project.”

I’ve gotten status “No Units Remaining” for other applications. So, I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong and something may be off with my documents but I don’t what it is? I’m concerned because I’m starting to get low log numbers and I don’t want to miss out on getting a unit due to an error on my end. I was really bummed about one lottery in particular and I didn’t even receive any email notifications about my status change or to appeal it.
What is your house hold size and around what is your income? can you give us an example of a lottery that rejected you based on income and household size. Going to be really hard for any of us to advice you if we do not know what you put on HC

Old 03-27-2024, 10:23 AM

26 posts, read 18,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgome013 View Post
What is your house hold size and around what is your income? can you give us an example of a lottery that rejected you based on income and household size. Going to be really hard for any of us to advice you if we do not know what you put on HC
Hi, I am not the person you replied to but I seem to have had the same problem. The lottery was for Ruby, my household size is 1, my income is 75k. My profile in HC is up-to-date. Yesterday, my status was "Applied"/"Lottery application submitted"; today my status is "Ineligible"/"Not eligible". I was never contacted or asked for documents, so I'm wondering what happened?

Old 03-27-2024, 01:10 PM

115 posts, read 68,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunblasts View Post
Hi, I am not the person you replied to but I seem to have had the same problem. The lottery was for Ruby, my household size is 1, my income is 75k. My profile in HC is up-to-date. Yesterday, my status was "Applied"/"Lottery application submitted"; today my status is "Ineligible"/"Not eligible". I was never contacted or asked for documents, so I'm wondering what happened?
I can see that the Ruby lottery is from last year, I have heard of instances that when they reach your log number and they do not have anything available for your AMI but they do have have 130% AMI they might mark you ineligible. Usually the building would mark it as no units available but it could be that they just do not have anything available for you.

Old 03-28-2024, 02:14 PM

2 posts, read 750 times
Is it normal to get asked for your pension statements in the approval process.

Old 03-28-2024, 02:17 PM

188 posts, read 136,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejectedunfairly View Post
Is it normal to get asked for your pension statements in the approval process.
Yes it is.

Old 03-28-2024, 05:24 PM

17 posts, read 5,075 times
Do they ask for your life story to qualify for these apartments? Child support. What type of insurance you have with your auto vehicle insurance company? Do they keep asking for the same documents repeatedly even though they were already submitted? Do they ask about every single deposit in your bank account?

Old 03-28-2024, 08:22 PM

144 posts, read 80,660 times
Scenario: Recent college grad wins amazing lottery apartment at 50% ami. Two years later they are now earning 150 thousand.
Can they keep the affordable apartment? Is the rent based on income, like mitchell lama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery