Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 04:21 PM

92 posts, read 270,846 times

Advertisements

Depends on where in Bed Stuy. Bed Stuy is HUGE. The western area near Clinton Hill is actually really nice, with several restaurants and cafes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,837 times
I lived in Bed Stuy from 1990-1996 and I still have family there. I moved back not too long ago and I noticed the gentrification and all the white people aka pioneers. I will say this after almost getting killed about two weeks ago and knowing the area pretty well. This is not an investment if you value your life. You may find something nice near Spencer Street or some other nice, tree lined blocks but make no mistake this is all window dressing to hide the facts. It's dangerous here and its not improving in the way people think. You see new stores,bars and like everyone else I too thought wow. Back to reality,its not Bed Stuy from 1992 ok but it is still pretty bad. I would stay far away.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,225 times
To Availableusername & others
I can't help but wonder why you were so upset at the "hipster marshmallow" for saying bed stuy do or die" I can't wait for the day, and I better not hold my breath, when people on this earth stop judging others. What's all this talk on here about white this black that. We are all humans, breath the same air bleed the same blood so please stop hating one another!

Old 10-25-2012, 09:23 AM

6 posts, read 20,743 times
I happen to love Bedford Stuyvesant for its gorgeous architecture. I would personally invest there as it seems to be the last place in all of NYC one can buy a real period brownstone without having to be a millionaire. Then I'd hold onto it for dear life after lovingly restoring it.

Sigh...

Old 10-26-2012, 09:24 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartbk View Post
I can't help but wonder why you were so upset at the "hipster marshmallow" for saying bed stuy do or die" I can't wait for the day, and I better not hold my breath, when people on this earth stop judging others. What's all this talk on here about white this black that. We are all humans, breath the same air bleed the same blood so please stop hating one another!
it has nothing to do with race... It has to do with not being genuine and sincere...
if you're from marshmellow, nevada... be proud of where you're from... dont claim you're from a hood you've been two weeks in... its idiotic... these people just do it for the attention and street cred and while I'm not gonna go kill myself over it, it's truly annoying... Again you can get mad at my opinion like the other softies on here do, but frankly i don't care... we have to hear from about 70% of city-data members now about how awesome these hipsters are and how they've saved this city from turning into detroit and we have to keep quiet when this is being said, meanwhile one native says a true statement about an idiotic comment and everyone gets into a frenzy... It really is ridiculous...

Old 10-26-2012, 09:33 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartbk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
it has nothing to do with race... It has to do with not being genuine and sincere...
if you're from marshmellow, nevada... be proud of where you're from... dont claim you're from a hood you've been two weeks in... its idiotic... these people just do it for the attention and street cred and while I'm not gonna go kill myself over it, it's truly annoying... Again you can get mad at my opinion like the other softies on here do, but frankly i don't care... we have to hear from about 70% of city-data members now about how awesome these hipsters are and how they've saved this city from turning into detroit and we have to keep quiet when this is being said, meanwhile one native says a true statement about an idiotic comment and everyone gets into a frenzy... It really is ridiculous...

Bingo

I'm a white dude with literally no ties to the area by the way. The term marshmallow has everything to do with being a soft little mushy fella and nothing to do with skin pigment. There are dark marshmallows skipping about town as well. So settle down. There is nothing wrong with venting about completely obnoxious toolbags on a crowded train.

Lol I never check this thread and I don't know what possessed me to. Forgot about my little anecdote even. Weird.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:16 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Make sure you flash some gold jewelry and have a few bills visible hanging out of your pocket. Carry a nice laptop with wireless so you can report instantly on your findings.

Don't forget the ipod......LOL
And wear Air Jordans

Old 12-14-2017, 11:09 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,300,923 times
That 'safe neighborhood' thread inspired me to bump. OP did you buy in Bedstuy?
A friend who bought for less than $700k in this same time period now has comparable property selling for $2 million on the block. I wish I had bought in all these no go zones that so many had labelled little Baghdad.

Never take investment advice from city data. Buy where you can afford.

Old 12-14-2017, 11:15 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times
It's rapidly gentrifying for sure

Old 12-14-2017, 11:23 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,300,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
It's rapidly gentrifying for sure
There was one (now closed) thread that all but declared Flatbush, Harlem and Bedstuy as unsafe to appocoliptical portions.

One poster (super mario) said that these areas would never gentrify in this life time, referring to northern Brooklyn as the 'slums'.

I am going to read his post to see if any of the other 'slums' are still affordable for investments. Many of the neighborhoods that he trashed are half way or more to being gentrified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City