Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 07:59 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times

Advertisements

This is probably the same doorman complaining that he doesn't want to talk to anyone, or pretend to like your kids, or care about your vacation etc. He is in the wrong business...you will stop complaining/be miserable if you got a job stocking shelves at A&P.

Get a new job and stop complaining already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 09:09 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Look I hate dogs too but if you're going to be a doorman it's pretty much a giving you're going to be putting up with a lot of obnoxious people and their pets no?

Old 03-10-2011, 10:47 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,443,621 times
sir are in the wrong business and maybe it time to look for greener pasture out there where the dog's are not involved in your lifestyle..

I love my dog and he part of the family and he been trained to go on a puppy pad and he goes on it because of the hour's i work and when i do take him out at 4.am in the morning it because i'm geting home and he need's to be walked and get out and get his business done and get a little fresh air also ..when it been cold outside it does not take him long to do his business and get back inside and no i do not have a person walk him or come and feed him that my job and he pretty much travel's with me when i'm on the road also ..

Old 03-10-2011, 03:51 PM

24 posts, read 73,266 times
Quote:
If you were smart you would pretend to like the dogs. The doormen in my building that are nice to people with dogs and say nice things about their dogs get tipped much better than the one that acts like dogs are an inconvenience to him.
When you tip a doorman less just because they dont treat your dog with honor and glory, youre simply going to make your life more unhappy where you live By the way, all doormen tell each other what tips they got FROM EACH TENANT. So paybacks will be a nightmare It goes both ways. You tip less and you get less service.....STALEMATE I WON! I never said I hated my job....dogs are a small issue in comparison to the positives. But they annoy me as hell. Dog walkers simply want to humble you to get you on your knees and play with the masters doggy. Not I! I'm not kneeling to no dog. And if this continues I'm going to gather good 200 of my friends and were going to city hall and picket against car tickets! The city will make more money out of dog walkers not picking up their dogs mountains of dung! I can no longer walk like a normal human being without having to look down because of all the dog crap in the street. I constantly have to dodge these piles of stinking vulcan piles of crap. One day I'm going to keep looking down and end up getting hit by a speeding NYC bus!

Last edited by Nycdoorman; 03-10-2011 at 04:03 PM..

Old 03-10-2011, 04:08 PM

769 posts, read 2,051,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycdoorman View Post
When you tip a doorman less just because they dont treat your dog with honor and glory, youre simply going to make your life more unhappy where you live By the way, all doormen tell each other what tips they got FROM EACH TENANT. So paybacks will be a nightmare It goes both ways. You tip less and you get less service.....STALEMATE I WON! I never said I hated my job....dogs are a small issue in comparison to the positives. But they annoy me as hell. Dog walkers simply want to humble you to get you on your knees and play with the masters doggy. Not I! I'm not kneeling to no dog. And if this continues I'm going to gather good 200 of my friends and were going to city hall and picket against car tickets! The city will make more money out of dog walkers not picking up their dogs mountains of dung! I can no longer walk like a normal human being without having to look down because of all the dog crap in the street. I constantly have to dodge these piles of stinking vulcan piles of crap. One day I'm going to keep looking down and end up getting hit by a speeding NYC bus!
Less service? Please. What exactly do doormen even do? They do not have to open the door for me in my building because it revolves. They also cannot hail cabs because no cars are allowed in front of the building.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:29 PM

Who REMINDS you of your packages and drycleaning? Who calls you when a visitor is looking for you? Who breaks rules for you when you want a contractor to do a job on weekends? Who breaks building rules and lets you move in furniture late at night....etc. We do a whole lot trust me. We shouldn't be tipped less because of a dog ok....we do so much more for tenants.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:36 PM

769 posts, read 2,051,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycdoorman View Post
Who REMINDS you of your packages and drycleaning? Who calls you when a visitor is looking for you? Who breaks rules for you when you want a contractor to do a job on weekends? Who breaks building rules and lets you move in furniture late at night....etc. We do a whole lot trust me. We shouldn't be tipped less because of a dog ok....we do so much more for tenants.
You are not getting tipped less because of the dog. It is because you act rude when the dog is around. We have to go through a door that actually has to be opened with the dog and there's a button required to open it. One of our doormen complains and looks upset when he has to push the button. That is why he gets less. And the doormen do not remind me of anything. We get emails when we have deliveries or dry cleaning. No one breaks rules for us here either. They were actually jerks on move in day when we needed the service elevator for a little more time. And guess what, you are getting paid $20+ an hour for a job that requires nothing more than a high school education.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:31 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,677,776 times
Hahaha...yet another rude, complaining service employee who hates his job but thinks he deserves the same tips as his friendly and courteous colleagues.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:03 AM

The Bible is clear! No man shall live by bread alone! I'm not gonna die about getting less trust me. I can live in the streets and still be happy unlike other "people"...we all know tips is how tenants pay us back. I gotta give it to you "newyorker24", you seem to live in a very upscale building....it sounds like a rental rofl jajaja. You spending a whole lot of rent but the doormen don't need to service you. What a crappy way to spend rent money. I know its not a coop hahaha. Doormen don't need to do squat in a rental. I wish I worked in one for sure.
Quote:
Hahaha...yet another rude, complaining service employee who hates his job but thinks he deserves the same tips as his friendly and courteous colleagues.
Oh brother, you sound like a vindictive tenant. Boo hoo hoo! that's how you payback huh. We don't CARE! Grow up and stop acting like a child.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:37 AM

316 posts, read 989,812 times
I stepped in some doorman the other day - ruined my shoes, and that stench?! - yeccccchh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City