Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 11:04 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times

Advertisements

Hey fnblegal, is business slow? You are spamming a lot of threads today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 04:12 PM

24 posts, read 73,247 times
Quote:
Granted it's not a horrible gig for $20/hr, but that's like what, $36k? Woopty doo.
First off I'm going to give you the correct yearly wage being that you are incapacitated mathematically. It's $41,600. I'm not including Health benefits and christmas money, bonus and tips....So if you combine everything together, we make approximately $68,000 a year. Not bad and that's why I love my job but not the dog owners which are a small percentage in comparison to the mentally sane tenants. Also I pay close to $200 for a combo of cable/phone and internet service. Plus I give my lady $100 allowance every week for a good job in bed. Moreover, I pay all the bills by myself and STILL got loads of cash falling off my pockets ok Also I live in a coop . I'm living good for not having a college degree. Look at how life threw most of you a curve ball. You went to College and got a huge debt. You ended up getting a good job but now most of you got laid off or in the process of getting the boot and still paying for your school loans hahaha. I in the other hand keep sipping my favorite iced tea with a lemon on top while your life is getting ravished by the economic storm......I'm untouched. Very soon I'm going to open up my own blog and youtube page. Feel like this city needs to hear my input on city issues and my straight up philosophy. People need to be educated and I'm the one to enforce it. For the person that said that I should tell tenants about keeping the dogs away from me...good idea. I think you are the only intelligent human being in this forum. I will do that

Old 03-27-2011, 08:00 PM

81 posts, read 126,589 times
A major problem is that there are many people who do not control the behavior of their dogs nor even understand their dog's behavior and what it is capable of especially when untrained and undisciplined.

For instance, I do not allow my dog to approach a stranger unless a person overtly welcomes it or the person approaches my dog on their own to greet him. I always have him heel close to my side when amongst a crowd of people for this purpose. I realize that some people don't like dogs, some are afraid of dogs, and some just don't want to be bothered by them in that moment.

As a dog owner, I respect my fellow human being in this fashion.

I can understand doorman's sentiments. Too many people don't even know how to properly walk with a leashed dog, they are untrained and pull and tug their "masters' wherever they go. If it is a large dog this is a problem especially when walked by a women who barely has the strength to keep the dog from pulling her. Some even get aggressive towards other people. It is rude to allow ones dog to sniff another persons legs and feet or jump on them.

They are dogs, not humans.

Yes, we love them very much but their role in the "pack" is a place of complete subordination to the will of their human masters, once they are taught this place they will faithfully do their best to fulfill this role and their commands.

Yet, people will scorn someone such as myself when using a stern command with my dog in their presence. As if I am hurting the dog's feelings or am a mean person because I told my dog what to do. However, it is well known that dogs naturally gravitate towards strong leadership on the humans part and are healthier, less neurotic/hyperactive, and become overall better dogs for it.

And yes, we all need to pick up the feces when it is dropped in places where humans walk. That's a given

Old 03-28-2011, 02:56 PM

518 posts, read 1,579,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycdoorman View Post
First off I'm going to give you the correct yearly wage being that you are incapacitated mathematically. It's $41,600. I'm not including Health benefits and christmas money, bonus and tips....So if you combine everything together, we make approximately $68,000 a year. Not bad and that's why I love my job but not the dog owners which are a small percentage in comparison to the mentally sane tenants. Also I pay close to $200 for a combo of cable/phone and internet service. Plus I give my lady $100 allowance every week for a good job in bed. Moreover, I pay all the bills by myself and STILL got loads of cash falling off my pockets ok Also I live in a coop . I'm living good for not having a college degree. Look at how life threw most of you a curve ball. You went to College and got a huge debt. You ended up getting a good job but now most of you got laid off or in the process of getting the boot and still paying for your school loans hahaha. I in the other hand keep sipping my favorite iced tea with a lemon on top while your life is getting ravished by the economic storm......I'm untouched. Very soon I'm going to open up my own blog and youtube page. Feel like this city needs to hear my input on city issues and my straight up philosophy. People need to be educated and I'm the one to enforce it. For the person that said that I should tell tenants about keeping the dogs away from me...good idea. I think you are the only intelligent human being in this forum. I will do that
I cant stop laughing at that...

also I would like a $100 a week

Old 03-28-2011, 03:02 PM

518 posts, read 1,579,593 times
Quote:
I cant stop laughing at that...

Old 03-28-2011, 05:44 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,157,354 times
Quote:
Why do they think I want to play with their dog? Why do they purposely let their dogs come up to people? NOT EVERYONE LIKES DOGS!!!Would you like it if I threw my garter snake on top of you? The city needs to stop giving us parking tickets. The city can make more money tracking down dog owners who don't pick up their dogs crap dung! You want everyone to be happy because you have a dog....I don't care about your freaking dog or your dog happiness! We doormen are sick of all your dogs too!!! We don't want to play with your dog so stop trying to make us! We don't care if you love your dog like a son. Youre crazy! Dog owners prefer to lose sleep waking up at 4am so their stupid dog can ****. If I was a dog owner, that dog will have to wait till my beauty sleep ends at 12 noon then I'll take him outside to take a crap dung! But some owners take their dogs out like 5-6 freaking times...bunch off loony crazies!!!

Okay, wow, feel better?

You have a good point, but you know it's not about the dogs at all. It's the people that are inconsiderate. I love dogs and have trained some really crazy 'untrainables', because it's important to me to have a dog that knows how to behave around people. Most people came running up to my dog to grab its fur, scream about how cute it is, etc., but I would NEVER have let my dogs go up to people without their permission.

As a dog lover, I totally agree with you. It's the dog OWNER that needs to be trained. The owner needs to pull up on the leash. The owner needs to carry bags and wipes at all times. They need to train the dog not to pull -- that's very dangerous.

You know, there are people that walk and train dogs for a living. What if you keep their business cards around and give them to residents who need to be trained?

My neighbor has a pitbull, and the people party all night on the weekends. You can hear the dog barking hysterically in the morning, and the people are too zonked to walk it. They let it out to run around the building, and it barks frantically. Someday it will bite someone, or another dog. Someone called the police once, and the neighbor told a bald-faced lie that it was her dog that was running around. The day will come that there will be a nightmare scenario, and another beautiful animal will be destroyed because the PEOPLE are out of control.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:31 PM

12 posts, read 19,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb350 View Post
A major problem is that there are many people who do not control the behavior of their dogs nor even understand their dog's behavior and what it is capable of especially when untrained and undisciplined.

For instance, I do not allow my dog to approach a stranger unless a person overtly welcomes it or the person approaches my dog on their own to greet him. I always have him heel close to my side when amongst a crowd of people for this purpose. I realize that some people don't like dogs, some are afraid of dogs, and some just don't want to be bothered by them in that moment.

As a dog owner, I respect my fellow human being in this fashion.

I can understand doorman's sentiments. Too many people don't even know how to properly walk with a leashed dog, they are untrained and pull and tug their "masters' wherever they go. If it is a large dog this is a problem especially when walked by a women who barely has the strength to keep the dog from pulling her. Some even get aggressive towards other people. It is rude to allow ones dog to sniff another persons legs and feet or jump on them.

They are dogs, not humans.

Yes, we love them very much but their role in the "pack" is a place of complete subordination to the will of their human masters, once they are taught this place they will faithfully do their best to fulfill this role and their commands.

Yet, people will scorn someone such as myself when using a stern command with my dog in their presence. As if I am hurting the dog's feelings or am a mean person because I told my dog what to do. However, it is well known that dogs naturally gravitate towards strong leadership on the humans part and are healthier, less neurotic/hyperactive, and become overall better dogs for it.

And yes, we all need to pick up the feces when it is dropped in places where humans walk. That's a given

You sir get a gold star for that statement. Don't force your ideas, likes, passions, pets, ideology, hobbies, etc... on anyone else. If you love your pet, then that's great for you, however others may not like dogs and that's okay as well. Why is that wrong. Why are others forced to like "your dog/s" by way of you letting them approach anyone uninvited? A little commonsense goes a long way.

Dan

Old 03-29-2011, 02:31 AM

369 posts, read 617,890 times
Quote:
Why do they think I want to play with their dog? Why do they purposely let their dogs come up to people? NOT EVERYONE LIKES DOGS!!!Would you like it if I threw my garter snake on top of you? The city needs to stop giving us parking tickets. The city can make more money tracking down dog owners who don't pick up their dogs crap dung! You want everyone to be happy because you have a dog....I don't care about your freaking dog or your dog happiness! We doormen are sick of all your dogs too!!! We don't want to play with your dog so stop trying to make us! We don't care if you love your dog like a son. Youre crazy! Dog owners prefer to lose sleep waking up at 4am so their stupid dog can ****. If I was a dog owner, that dog will have to wait till my beauty sleep ends at 12 noon then I'll take him outside to take a crap dung! But some owners take their dogs out like 5-6 freaking times...bunch off loony crazies!!!
Q- What do you say when you lose your dog?
A- Dog gone

Old 03-29-2011, 06:08 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,063 times
i agree with some of what you said.. sometimes people don't want the dog slobbering all over them etc so be mindful

Old 03-29-2011, 08:11 AM

113 posts, read 263,916 times
Quote:
LMAO! How about the dog owners that bring their dogs into stores? Or eateries? Yuck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City