Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2012, 02:08 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,922,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets99 View Post
hard working people who care about the neighborhood they live in are the types of people i like to live around. You can be an alien for all i care, respect your neighborhood.
I personally don't care about diversity, having a safe and quiet nice neighborhood is all that matters in my book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 02:09 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,258,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
I personally don't care about diversity, having a safe and quiet nice neighborhood is all that matters in my book.
Amen!

Old 09-05-2012, 02:32 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,549,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
. The horrible atrocities that were committed by this country to the black race aren't ignored, we discuss them and talk about how far we've come as a society... ...

Really? Any time that comes up those who raise it are called race baiters while others are allowed to castigate entire groups and yet arent so considered.

So middle class blacks are seen in the same light as the dysfunctional segment.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:03 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,812,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Really? Any time that comes up those who raise it are called race baiters while others are allowed to castigate entire groups and yet arent so considered.

So middle class blacks are seen in the same light as the dysfunctional segment.
Caribny I think you really have to read my posts before arguing against my point... I am more with you than against you... I can't stand when people use blanket statements to refer blacks/hispanics, meanwhile that card isn't used for anything within the white race... That being said, I'm not going to be an apologist for my people either or for black folks because those that cause problems regardless of race whether they are Jamaican/AA/West Indian/etc. do a disservice to their race and openly mock what their ancestors had to go through by acting like idiots...

To say that because their grandparents and great grandparents dealt with so much in this country that it gives them the right to not only completely disregard the efforts made by previous communities, but to also become criminals and act like morons is probably the STUPIDEST thing I have ever heard and it's why those who aren't black and become apologists are some of the biggest hipocrits you will find... They will preach about how whites are keeping the black man down and this/that and a third, meanwhile they talk to their real friends about how they can't wait till the day Harlem becomes like Williamsburg or Fort Greene or Park Slope...

For me, I don't care what color you are Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Alien... Treat me with respect, don't act like a thug/snob/pompous/ghetto/fill in the blank (other rude characteristics) and we won't have a problem... You can live in the hood, have the hood mentality and not be ghetto... I'm tired of 40 year olds acting like teenagers almost as much as i'm tired of 20 and 30 something hipsters/transplants/yuppies who have been here for six days telling me I don't know my city as much as they do...

As a people, we just need to work on developing our social skills and dealing with all different races... I could care less if you're neighborhood is 100% Black/white/asian/hispanic... as long as you know how to act with other people and you treat your neighborhood with respect (one of the few comments I actually agree with hilltopjay on) then we're all good...

Old 09-06-2012, 06:41 AM

770 posts, read 1,132,084 times
Default Very true

Absolutely correct. Treat others the way you want to be treated, it really is the golden rule. Treat other's property with respect as well--dont' do graffeti, leave trash everywhere, play your music so lound it vibrates other peoples skin, etc. Don't act like a cretin--act like a responsible, civil human being.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster Ave Guy View Post
Absolutely correct. Treat others the way you want to be treated, it really is the golden rule. Treat other's property with respect as well--dont' do graffeti, leave trash everywhere, play your music so lound it vibrates other peoples skin, etc. Don't act like a cretin--act like a responsible, civil human being.
Oh wait...how dare you request people to act civilized and respect other people's property. That would be a racist request...lol

Old 09-06-2012, 09:33 AM

770 posts, read 1,132,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Oh wait...how dare you request people to act civilized and respect other people's property. That would be a racist request...lol

I know Hilltop, I am so freaking guilty of expecting people to act properly. Darn it, I must be a racist! I guess I was just exploiting others! White guilt be me!
Really, its simple. Act right and demand others do. Not hard. Get along to move along.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:12 AM

30 posts, read 54,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
The entire post is probably one of the best comments on the entire thread... The funny thing about sobro is that he claims to be the most open person on the planet and he continues to be an apologist for the black race (he's puerto rican btw), and yet he doesn't hesitate to use examples like "if you don't hang out with taiquanesha and the homies at 2am in the projects drinking 40s, you'll be fine in any neighborhood in this city..." His posts scream double-standard and indirectly do more damage than good to a culture that is bent on blaming past events for its failures...

The phrase is "those who ignore history and doomed to repeat it"... That is the most important and vital thing we can do and that we actually do. The horrible atrocities that were committed by this country to the black race aren't ignored, we discuss them and talk about how far we've come as a society... However, things are not what they used to be... Using that card for teenagers or even people in their 20s who never experienced genuine outright racism is ridiculous and only holds those that use that card back... People regardless of color need to be responsible and held accountable for their actions... Until that happens, this pattern of black/hispanic youth blaming the man for their problems will only continue and you'll hear people like sobro (as well as the new transient population who become apologists only until they are personally affected by what they defend) say how they're being held down while secretly craving the day when this city becomes "cleansed" of all the undesirables...

The hipocrisy of people on this cite and in this city sometimes really is enough to make you barf...
I love this comment, agree 100% about sobro and everything else!

Old 09-06-2012, 04:48 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,548,742 times
Some folks in Woodlawn are racist and I have seen it myself. Some friends and I, went to a park (corner of E 233 & Van Cortland Park E.) and there were quite a few white folks (girls and guys) who immediately got up and left when we came and sat nearby. I was upset. Why? What did I do? Why does my color make someone hate me when they have never met or spoken to me? It bothers the **** out of me when I hear white ppl saying racism doesn;t exist anymore. I wanna yell "*****, you;re white you will never ever see the racism I see as a colored person." The only folks who keep on insisting racism doesn;t exist are white folks. Oh well, maybe as time goes and we all intermarry, we will get rid of it. Who knows. All I know, is that my friends and I have made it a point to go to the park as often as possible. One thing I want to bring up is the double standards when its come to law enforcement. Did you notice the parks in Woodlawn have no gates in the entry point (the park was not locked and closed) whereas any other park in the minority areas of the city are? Byrant Park for a long time had that same double standard. Why is it ok, for ppl to go to a park at night in Woodlawn or other white dominated areas with no problem but kids in the minority parts of the Bronx can't?

Anyone who thinks racism and real estate does not go hand in hand, are blind, morons, or racist themselves. I have experienced rampant racism when I was looking for a house in the Mclean Area. My fiancee (who is White) and I got totally different results looking for houses. I have had one ol lady tell me your kind is not wanted here and we will never sell you the house. Another example is when I made an offer on a house and it was rejected only to find out 3 weeks later, the homeowners accepted an offer $20,000 less from a Russian couple.

For those who point out Jews, well the Jews got one major advantage, they are WHITE in color.

Dont get me wrong, there are a lot of good white folks around. But sometimes, I wonder and have many questions.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
One thing I want to bring up is the double standards when its come to law enforcement. Did you notice the parks in Woodlawn have no gates in the entry point (the park was not locked and closed) whereas any other park in the minority areas of the city are? Byrant Park for a long time had that same double standard. Why is it ok, for ppl to go to a park at night in Woodlawn or other white dominated areas with no problem but kids in the minority parts of the Bronx can't?

Come on...how ignorant and blind are you? The reason why "white" parks aren't locked up and gated like parks in the "hood" is because generally white people don't go around busting caps at each other, hustlin' and gambling playing dice in the park. SMH. Unless you're a wigger influenced by the ghetto hip hop sub-culture, white people in Woodlawn do not resort to that type of ghetto behavior in parks that you see in "hood" parks.

If "hood" people were to move into Woodlawn, then I guarantee you gates will start going up due to the increase of riff-raff committed by "hood" people. Truth hurts, I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City