Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 06:17 AM

25,373 posts, read 37,097,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gesarsenal View Post
LOL I have been to Atlanta, Florida, and other places where there are a bunch of NY transplants...some of these fools act / talk big / act obnoxious...embarrassing us life long NYers...having others thinking negatively about us...

Are they worse than TEXANS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 04:31 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,460,743 times
Quote:
LOL I have been to Atlanta, Florida, and other places where there are a bunch of NY transplants...some of these fools act / talk big / act obnoxious...embarrassing us life long NYers...having others thinking negatively about us...
At least once a month here in Virginia.

I figure, "if it's so great there and it sucks so bad here, rather than kill yourself, why not just move back to NYC"?

and I actually like NYC.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Also keep in mind that the NYers that have moved to other states were probably the cocky and undesirable types that have been priced out of NY. One of the reasons why NY has been able to clean up is because those undesirable NYers left NY and brought their riff raff elsewhere.
Absolutely. Strike up a conversation with them for a few minutes. In time you will get the true story. Not that there's anything wrong with it. I'm all for transplants. I myself am a transplant here in Virginia. They ask me what its like in Ohio. I tell them its like Norfolk and Newport News. Short conversation, no one was offended, and they actually feel pretty good about themselves because it gives the impression that it must suck back home. I still love where I'm from, but not everyone needs to know that, nor do they care.

That's about the only real difference between someone from the Northeast, and someone from the Midwest. We know that people don't really give a s* about where we're from. But they'll ask anyway, because it is polite to do so. We've been the butt of jokes for decades. Surely, someone from elsewhere in America was talking s* about the Midwest back in 1890. But we take it all in stride.

New York is a bit different. It has been idolized and worshiped for decades. To be fair though, I don't mind New Yorkers. The true rudeness always seems to come from New Jersey for some odd reason.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Are they worse than TEXANS?

Old 08-27-2012, 05:21 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,417,285 times
Quote:
Because we can do that duh. At the end of the day those new Yorkers didn't move down south because they wanted to.

The younger ones moved because their parents moved, and the older ones moved based only in cheap cost of leaving.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
At least once a month here in Virginia.

I figure, "if it's so great there and it sucks so bad here, rather than kill yourself, why not just move back to NYC"?

and I actually like NYC.
Idk why southern folk always ask the same dumb question.

Most of them move their cause their parents forced them or it cause of cheap cost of living. None of them go Down their for excitement. And yes a lot of places down south are boring especially when your used to and born in the city that never sleeps.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:26 PM

Excuse my grammar. I'm typing from a iPhone and it's annoying.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Idk why southern folk always ask the same dumb question.

Most of them move their cause their parents forced them or it cause of cheap cost of living. None of them go Down their for excitement. And yes a lot of places down south are boring especially when your used to and born in the city that never sleeps.
The question is rhetorical. What is wrong with having an open mind about where you're moving to? Particularly when the rest of America is shamed for not having an open mind about New York City?

Old 08-27-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
The question is rhetorical. What is wrong with having an open mind about where you're moving to? Particularly when the rest of America is shamed for not having an open mind about New York City?
Well I'm not defending it. I'm a open minded person and I usually make the best of where I am but I'm just telling you the real scenario of the new Yorkers who are down there.

Especially the younger ones who probably shed tears when their parents said their moving to ga , va etc.

It wasn't their choice so the NYC pride still stays with them.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:17 PM

146 posts, read 190,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Because we can do that duh. At the end of the day those new Yorkers didn't move down south because they wanted to.

The younger ones moved because their parents moved, and the older ones moved based only in cheap cost of leaving.

nyc jo, YOU speak the truth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City