Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 11:34 AM

35 posts, read 84,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
If you tell caseworkers that you've a violent, brother, that's domestic abuse right there. Definitely tell any and all caseworkers and women's groups about this. Your situation is pretty severe and you are pregnant.
I will. I'm just praying that I can get all the help I need. Once I'm done with school I know I will be fine financially. This environment I'm in now is just so overwhelming. I've helped my family a lot and now its like they turned their back on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 11:38 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,912,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
That's kind of rude.

You are an Transplant. I don't know much Transplant women who get pregnant because they are still trying to figure out an career but still sleep with helpless other college educated men in hip trendy areas of Manhattan. Many Transplant women overdose on birth control pills. I only know two Transplant women who got pregnant and had to move back to the Midwest so they can get physical and not monetary help from family to help raise the kids. Transplant idea of sex and having a family is far different than an average native New Yorker who do not plan for the future. You guys prefer planned pregnancies, while with local women it just happens. Didn't know women back in Ohio do the same stuff as local NYC women, no wonder you left your state. Hmm who knew!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/18/us...lure.html?_r=0
Bolded is BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasnery View Post
faithrose, there is no need for you to explain your personal circumstances, just take the positive comments and ignore the negative you'll be at this the whole day!! Best of Luck to you and your soon to be bundle of joy!! that's what children are a God's gift and if you pray with faith God will help you..
No he won't. Because he ain't there.
Dont give false expectations, She should try to help herself instead.

2,871 posts, read 4,797,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I'm all about helping people in need, and being kind, charitable, and nonjudgemental.
LOL.....that's why in post #39 you replied to this ↓ ↓ ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlincolnpark

I have an elderly Aunt living on a fixed income who is disabled and in dire need of one of those vouchers. She has been on the list for 3 years, and lived in Westchester her entire life. Should someone like OP just be able to swoop in and get a voucher just because she decided to get pregnant?
By saying this ↓ ↓ ↓

Quote:
Ah, but aren't we all told as children that life is not fair?
Are you the guy, during the campaign last year, that was throwing granny off the cliff?

2,770 posts, read 3,548,079 times
I love paying taxes, please tax me some more.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:45 AM

483 posts, read 871,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithrose View Post
I might have to right now. I'm on the computer and he demands that I get off. Here he goes with calling me a *****, saying "**** you" and other obscenities. Another day of this constant chaos in this house.
Here is advice for you that can be of some use, OP. Since things are hectic at home, I suggest calling Safe Homes Project. Google them. They help victims of domestic violence get temporary space in a safe New York City space for 90 days. A case there will bring you closer to stable housing while you work, make prenatal visits, and finish school. People there work to assist you in laying a good foundation that your baby can come into. peace

Old 08-13-2013, 11:48 AM

35 posts, read 84,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernski View Post
Here is advice for you that can be of some use, OP. Since things are hectic at home, I suggest calling Safe Homes Project. Google them. They help victims of domestic violence get temporary space in a safe New York City space for 90 days. A case there will bring you closer to stable housing while you work, make prenatal visits, and finish school. People there work to assist you in laying a good foundation that your baby can come into. peace
WOW...some more great advice. I really appreciate your kindness and understanding. I have never heard of this. I will do some research on them. God bless you

Old 08-13-2013, 11:53 AM

21 posts, read 30,829 times
Quote:
You are an Transplant. I don't know much Transplant women who get pregnant because they are still trying to figure out an career but still sleep with helpless other college educated men in hip trendy areas of Manhattan. Many Transplant women overdose on birth control pills. I only know two Transplant women who got pregnant and had to move back to the Midwest so they can get physical and not monetary help from family to help raise the kids. Transplant idea of sex and having a family is far different than an average native New Yorker who do not plan for the future. You guys prefer planned pregnancies, while with local women it just happens. Didn't know women back in Ohio do the same stuff as local NYC women, no wonder you left your state. Hmm who knew!

I am local and managed to not get pregnant either

As did 90% of my friends and 100% of my siblings

Old 08-13-2013, 12:06 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,845,826 times
Quote:

Have you ever been to Ohio? There are TONS and TONS of people in the OPs circumstance. TONS. The only differnece is the CoL is less and you need a car.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:10 PM

163 posts, read 485,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Bolded is BS.

No he won't. Because he ain't there.
Dont give false expectations, She should try to help herself instead.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:22 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,580,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
You have no idea about anyone I have ever been involved with. Having a nice smile doesn't mean "Oh lets have a baby"
I was being sarcastic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City