Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 05:13 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,540,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I've noticed on a number of threads that black Americans often complain that they are not treated as individuals, but instead, as one monolithic group that thinks and acts alike. Yet when a black man such as hilltopjay completely defies the lockstep thinking that those black Americans deny, he (and others like him) get attacked as traitors, just like caribny did in this post, comparing him to Uncle Ruckus.
Why is his point of view any less valid than yours?

So its OK to say bigoted things about some one based solely on their race and not exact others of that race to offer their opinion?

Indeed the response to Uncle Ruckus is VERY CONSISTENT with wanting to be judged as an individual. Why should I be judged on the basis of experiences that Uncle Ruckus and others have had with black hooligans?

Uncle Ruckus is quick to dismiss blacks by virtue of being black. Shocking opinion for a black man to have, given that he is given others an excuse to also judge HIM negatively once they see that he is black.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Of course all races commit crime. My opinion is based on my experince in NY and what I see. I.

OK Uncle Ruckus next time I see you I will call the cops and rant about an undesirable and threatening person menacing the neighborhood. After all I am as free to dismiss you because you are black as you feel free to dismiss others. You know full well that even among the poor for every one person who behaves like a lunatic at least another 10 are NOT.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
The NYC corrections dept and MTA workforce is over 90% people of color. Are they racists?

Hver you ever thought that the the sons of the Irish who once dominated those jobs, have now moved on to do something else? Like sell stocks and bonds?

It is clear to me that the top management at MTA are mainly WHITE MEN. So why your rant that most of the cleaners and conductors arent?

Old 10-25-2013, 06:12 PM

402 posts, read 811,682 times
You always feel sorry for the regular black person, when you are say in line and the ghetto black person is making a fuss about some bs, IE I was in Walmart one night, and this fat fat grotesque ghetto bird of a woman put about 30 items to ring out in the electronics section (while it was busy) proceeded to yap and cuss on her cell phone, everyone was pissed there was about 15 people in line and you could see the shame in the guys face.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:13 PM

588 posts, read 947,661 times
Regarding the fdny, forced diversity isn't the answer.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:29 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proroc View Post
I agree. No shade. I really agree with you.

FDNY purposely called people off the list from 1999, when it's now 2012. They're clearly too old to keep up with the fitness part of it, unless they're fitness nuts or natural athletes. The men are in their late 30s/early 40s now, so of course many of them dropped out. No one is stupid.

But I guess FDNY will say they were unable to find anyone in their 20s or at least early 30s who could have fared well too.

Unless you overhaul the 'old guard' from the top down and replace them with "forward thinking" old dudes, then things will never change and there will be constant sabotage. We obviously need a new Mayor that "understands" these things.

I'm just glad Fire Departments in other cities that were ordered to do the right thing, made the change and did it the RIGHT WAY.

As usual, NYC needs to be dragged into the new century to act right.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:47 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proroc View Post
Maybe fairness is. Definitely seems disproportionately white.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:54 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,831,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Hver you ever thought that the the sons of the Irish who once dominated those jobs, have now moved on to do something else? Like sell stocks and bonds?

It is clear to me that the top management at MTA are mainly WHITE MEN. So why your rant that most of the cleaners and conductors arent?
Have you stopped to consider that most people work for 25-35 years, and that those same white men have been on the job for many years? In time, they too will be replaced by people now holding the lower-echelon jobs in the same occupations.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:19 PM

402 posts, read 811,682 times
Regarding FDNY: I took the test about 5 years ago. I remember sitting in the auditorium I had view of about 500 or so people about to take the test, and there honestly were less than 10 Black folks taking the test, so did anyone ever think that maybe they don't get the jobs because they don't apply?

Old 10-25-2013, 09:12 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I agree. No shade. I really agree with you.

FDNY purposely called people off the list from 1999, when it's now 2012. They're clearly too old to keep up with the fitness part of it, unless they're fitness nuts or natural athletes. The men are in their late 30s/early 40s now, so of course many of them dropped out. No one is stupid.

But I guess FDNY will say they were unable to find anyone in their 20s or at least early 30s who could have fared well too.

Unless you overhaul the 'old guard' from the top down and replace them with "forward thinking" old dudes, then things will never change and there will be constant sabotage. We obviously need a new Mayor that "understands" these things.

I'm just glad Fire Departments in other cities that were ordered to do the right thing, made the change and did it the RIGHT WAY.

As usual, NYC needs to be dragged into the new century to act right.

As usual, you continue nonsense. Lol at the "right way" being racial quotas. So f'n sad to hear people say things like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Maybe fairness is. Definitely seems disproportionately white.
You're definitely way out of your element with this issue as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City