Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 06:54 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Why are you telling ME this???

Was the "quote" button not working for the OP??
Wow marilyn. You can't understand that I was adding to your statement towards the OP? Drink some coffee, I know it's early...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 07:20 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,544,666 times
Rolanda...Honestly, I think the Fastest way is to round up some saved up $ and get a realtor! Lotteries take forever hoping your app does get picked and forget about housing girl you'll be waiting for YEARS! You can also walk around local buildings looking for apts. Speak with the super and they will let you know if they have any for rent. PA is just a ultimate last dyre need option- There are a lot of red tapes and hoops to go through. Some people may not want to rent to you now b/c you have no income so it will prob be a lil difficult. Whats wrong with living with your grandma?

Old 11-17-2013, 08:00 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,025,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Wow marilyn. You can't understand that I was adding to your statement towards the OP? Drink some coffee, I know it's early...
Yeah, I knew what you were doing, but you could have told HER that.

You're not "slick" availableusername. I "see" you.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:08 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Yeah, I knew what you were doing, but you could have told HER that.

You're not "slick" availableusername. I "see" you.
I was not even remotely attempting to be "slick". Literally wasn't on my radar in any capacity. I was clearly talking to her, piggybacking off of your post. End of story.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:11 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,643,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolanda87 View Post
How to speed up the process in finding an apartment. I filled out lotteries applications and all. Even went to public housings and filled them out. How can I get it sooner? I'm living with my gma and I have 2 kids.. well one on the way. I need advice and help. I really need something affordable at the moment. I'm not working now due to my pregnancy. A lil advice plz!
Why don't you and the child's father rent an apartment, and live as a family? Who would go out of their way to raise children in NYC public housing? I'm amazed how people are willing to stay poor for 2 years or more while on waiting lists to get into public housing. In the two years or more while a low income applicant sat around and waited, she/he could have earned an degree and increased her/his earning ability.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I was not even remotely attempting to be "slick". Literally wasn't on my radar in any capacity. I was clearly talking to her, piggybacking off of your post. End of story.

If you say so.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Why don't you and the child's father rent an apartment, and live as a family? Who would go out of their way to raise children in NYC public housing? I'm amazed how people are willing to stay poor for 2 years or more while on waiting lists to get into public housing. In the two years or more while a low income applicant sat around and waited, she/he could have earned an degree and increased her/his earning ability.
I agree.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:27 AM

113 posts, read 127,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
This is what someone with any pride would do, but theres a few things missing from your post. There is most likely no father around, no one has any job or any desire to go to school. They want to cash in on the kids, thats all.

And Marilyn, your a trashpail. You jump feet first to help any " dis-advantaged" person. Your the Al sharpton of city data.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1231 View Post
This is what someone with any pride would do, but theres a few things missing from your post. There is most likely no father around, no one has any job or any desire to go to school. They want to cash in on the kids, thats all.

And Marilyn, your a trashpail. You jump feet first to help any " dis-advantaged" person. Your the Al sharpton of city data.

Okay.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:41 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,144 times
Hi Rolanda, I am happy to help. When I rented my recent apartment, the management company for the apartment I was attempting to lease required my recent W2, bank account statements, recent pay stub, and one month rent for security deposit. So I would have that info ready for your and your children's father.
I know women at my office usually take 5-6 weeks off, usually a week before pregnancy, then a month or some after to recover and of course spend time with your beautiful little baby. The father will have to really take on the working burden in those few weeks, but I'm sure he is familiar with that from your first child.

I am not entirely familiar with the welfare process but I think you may have misspoke. Welfare is typically for those with no or little means. Surely I am confidant this is not the case in your situation. After all, surely you and your husband would not decide to have a second child if you did not have the means to care for your child, correct?

Good luck. Enjoy these times. Before you even get a chance to catch your breath, you'll be back asking about charter schools and then college applications!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City