Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 12:43 PM

8 posts, read 13,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1231 View Post
Fitting your the first one to post in this thread. Sad this is the kind of mentality that has taken over this country. Look to the goverment for everything that can be squeezed out. Whats going to happen when the people who pay taxes decide enough is enough? Lots of angry people on both sides. Im hoping the day of reckoning comes sooner rather than later, getting fed up by all this collectivist garbage.
1st off I moved from tx without getting any assistance from the goverment un tx. When I moved back to ny with a child it became hard for me. Mainly with finding a descent job. Dont be so quick to judge others when u don't know their situation!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 12:52 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,247,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolanda87 View Post
1st off I moved from tx without getting any assistance from the goverment un tx. When I moved back to ny with a child it became hard for me. Mainly with finding a descent job. Dont be so quick to judge others when u don't know their situation!!
Why did you move back to Ny then. You have kids they need to be your first concern.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
How to speed up the process in finding an apartment. I filled out lotteries applications and all. Even went to public housings and filled them out. How can I get it sooner? I'm living with my gma and I have 2 kids.. well one on the way. I need advice and help. I really need something affordable at the moment. I'm not working now due to my pregnancy. A lil advice plz!
Let me clearify myself. I moved from tx with a child. I had my own place, car and a good job! So things got harder for me in tx when my 1st child was born! Never asked the goverment for assistance in tx. My pride was so high when I came back to nyc that I didn't want to beg the government for any help! So I got advice from a family member telling me its only temporarily. So looking for a descent job was also hard. So yes I got pregnant 4 yrs later with my 2nd. My personal probelm why me and the father isn't together and idc! I'm a strong single mom and FOR THE TIME BEING!! Im looking for assistance for the goverment because I am also attending school!

Old 11-17-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Why did you move back to Ny then. You have kids they need to be your first concern.
I moved back to ny because I had no family out there. I was bettering my life before I got pregnant eith my 1st. So I came back for help from family. Which I have plenty of now then I did in tx. So for the time being. I'm looking for a stepping stone until I get on my feet again not having to live where I'm living with 2 kids feeling like a burden! S o again don't be so quick to judge ppl problems when there asking for advice and a lil help!

Old 11-17-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1231 View Post
My mom was on welfare for a couple years when I was very young, she was ashamed to let anyone know she needed help. Now it has become a rite of passage in the projects, people look foward to gaming the system. Nice world......
I'm not ashamed because if I need help i would ask. Sad ppl in this world to belittle others withoit knowing their situation..

Old 11-17-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Also, stop having kids...
2nd of all this is my 2nd and last child they are 4 yrs apart.. wtf u talking about?? Dumb ****s!

Old 11-17-2013, 01:03 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,247,639 times
Quote:
I moved back to ny because I had no family out there. I was bettering my life before I got pregnant eith my 1st. So I came back for help from family. Which I have plenty of now then I did in tx. So for the time being. I'm looking for a stepping stone until I get on my feet again not having to live where I'm living with 2 kids feeling like a burden! S o again don't be so quick to judge ppl problems when there asking for advice and a lil help!
A little help is asking a family member for $100. Big help is asking the city to put you up in affordable housing. Anyways, as Marilyn said above look at old posts. Look at some of the nycha posts. You will see people wait up to 10 years to get nycha housing. You won't be a priority either as you have a place to stay and are not working. So yes it really can take you 10 years. Could get in earlier if your lucky. As for affordable housing, 80/20 lottery, you need to currently be working. Those are very difficult to win. I know several people in them and some took nearly 20 years, some I know are still trying, and some have bettered their life so much they no long need or qualify for them.

Old 11-17-2013, 01:09 PM

I'm 9 months pregnant still attending college!Ppl are so judgemental. Read the chapters 1st because the cover just gives u certain amount of information. Dumb ****s! Not like I want to depend on the goverment. I been getting help from the government for only 3 yrs since I been back from tx. Trust back in forth to HRA is misery. Just for the time being I do what I have to do until I'm on my feet again. ****ing retards! I thought I can get some advice on here and maybe some will understand but I see ppl feel they **** don't stink!!

Old 11-17-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
A little help is asking a family member for $100. Big help is asking the city to put you up in affordable housing. Anyways, as Marilyn said above look at old posts. Look at some of the nycha posts. You will see people wait up to 10 years to get nycha housing. You won't be a priority either as you have a place to stay and are not working. So yes it really can take you 10 years. Could get in earlier if your lucky. As for affordable housing, 80/20 lottery, you need to currently be working. Those are very difficult to win. I know several people in them and some took nearly 20 years, some I know are still trying, and some have bettered their life so much they no long need or qualify for them.
When I say a lil help I'm referring to this blog. Thats why I wrote on here l. Figuring I can some advice and a LIL HELP from others on here. It is what it is. I said what I had to say and if yall look at this post another way. Then so be it. Being that I'm pregnant I can't work so I collect unemployment untilbi return back to work. They even give m e pregnancy allowance. Never heard of pregnancy allowance until I came back to nyc. They give u allowance for being pregnant??? Again I'm still new to this goverment odeal! Not like they can satisfy me. I rather work for mine then to deal with the goverment and being in out of offices every other week

Old 11-17-2013, 03:01 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,938,952 times
"Pregnancy allowances" are part of welfare packages for homeless families. You would appear to be living with family and you are not, therefore, homeless.

"Being that I'm pregnant I can't work ..." - setting women back 100 years.

Getting help for three years is a long time, but that's why you moved to New York from Texas, correct ?
Better welfare benefits. You probably did not collect in Texas because you did not qualify. Texas is one of the states that has made cuts.

At least you chose the best time to have that second child, while on welfare and living with your grandmother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City