Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 06:09 PM

25 posts, read 27,795 times

Advertisements

I've read a lot of post on here with negative connotations about transplants, gentrification and the wealthy. Without these 3 the city would be in shambles, just look at the neighborhoods that are lacking them. Honestly I never leave Manhattan or go any higher than the upper west side because there is no need to and the times I have, I was irritated by all the poverty and lack of quality amenities. In my perfect world all 4 boroughs (not including SI) would be gutted and renovated with low class tenants included and remodeled after Chelsea or the Upper Eastside.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:41 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,432,447 times
Karma is a B. Enjoy yours when it comes and slaps you on the butt.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:42 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,219,078 times
Thanks for your insight, WealthyNyer. You sound like a reasonable person and a blast to hang out with...

Old 12-10-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
This is fun! A new troll to play with.
I guess having an opposing view against the majority of a board is trolling now. I can't help my income, maybe you'd understand my logic if you were finacially competent by NYC standards

Old 12-10-2013, 07:57 PM

475 posts, read 853,280 times
Did you achieve your wealth by selling mortgages that were destined to fail and then whined to the government and tax payers until you got bailed out?

Old 12-10-2013, 08:01 PM

268 posts, read 481,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WealthyNYer View Post
I've read a lot of post on here with negative connotations about transplants, gentrification and the wealthy. Without these 3 the city would be in shambles, just look at the neighborhoods that are lacking them. Honestly I never leave Manhattan or go any higher than the upper west side because there is no need to and the times I have, I was irritated by all the poverty and lack of quality amenities. In my perfect world all 4 boroughs (not including SI) would be gutted and renovated with low class tenants included and remodeled after Chelsea or the Upper Eastside.
I'm the same..

I really don't go anywhere north of E. 74th... and the only reason why I go up that far is because I get my haircut at Paul Mole's.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:06 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,619,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobBarley View Post
I'm the same..

I really don't go anywhere north of E. 74th... and the only reason why I go up that far is because I get my haircut at Paul Mole's.
This is a smart move. Most people who go above 81st Street are murdered. Don't let the PC brigade make you feel bad.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:09 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,934,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WealthyNYer View Post
And you sound really really wealthy too !!!
Wow. I am so impressed, hard to express sufficiently.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven r. View Post
Did you achieve your wealth by selling mortgages that were destined to fail and then whined to the government and tax payers until you got bailed out?
Sorry not a banker, though I'm friends with many. I'm very successful in the fashion industry

Old 12-10-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
And you sound really really wealthy too !!!
Wow. I am so impressed, hard to express sufficiently.
Lets see I've been featured in Forbes a numerous amount of times (just had a piece done on me last month), am ranked #1 in the world at my profession and am also the highest payed..yeah I'd say I'm pretty wealthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: