Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2014, 07:12 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Well said!
See you're not thankful for the life you live. If something were to ever happen beyond your control, you would shrivel up like a snail when salt's poured on it.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 07:31 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,981,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
So go ahead and concern yourself as much as you want, you're not changing anything. You're a speck and I'm a speck. I'm just speaking reality.
And every speck that acts like you make the 1% smile because you've given up. We lost control of our government not because of people like me, but because of people like you.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:00 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,037,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
So then there is absolutely nothing to stop you from washing dishes YOURSELF then, if you're such a hard working person. No need to worry about school or anything else. You don't even need the internet to get those jobs. You simply approach every restaurant you can until you get hired.

Actually, I have applied for jobs like that. My BA renders me 'over-qualified'.

But you yourself did not use this approach, and you have absolutely no intention of using this approach.

So employers will continue to hire immigrants, period.

No one I know has any problem with immigrants. It's the illegal aliens we have problems with.

If you're going to be this righteous about it, CANCEL your FOOD STAMPS, and pound that pavement until you get ANY job, even the minimum wage. And by the way, there were always low paying jobs in the US. Always.

I DO have a minimum wage job, which is WHY I'm on food stamps. You don't read very well do you?

Welfare people hate immigrants because immigrants shatter their arguments. They go out and get jobs when the welfare person wants to say it's impossible and make a million excuses.

Your excuses are your parents, your student loans, illegal immigrants, etc. I'm sure you have some more excuses................

As for social security, someone opened an American Express card in my name. I called American Express. They looked into it, and REMOVED it from MY CREDIT REPORT.

You were lucky. You may not be next time.

As for someone taking out an auto loan, I don't quite believe that story. When you buy a car you must register it with the DMV. So there's your driver's license and there's the license plate. So are you claiming the immigrant got an id in this woman's name, and a license plate registration to boot? If true, once she reported it wasn't her its pretty easy for them to look all that up.

I don't know the specifics. It wasn't me. But they destroyed her parents credit. Don't know why you wouldn't believe that.

By the way, US citizens have been known to do identity theft as well, especially in order to open up additional welfare cases.

True. But were talking about illegal criminals who shouldn't be in the country in the first place.

Oh, and if you're so seriously and desperately looking for a new job, let me advise you not to be posting here. You need to be pounding that pavement. Or the job then rightfully goes to the immigrant who is willing to pound the pavement, and not the lazy complainer.
Yeah, I can job hunt 24/7/365.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
I kind of feel sorry for NYChistorygal. It must be really depressing to be in your 50s and still be living in your parents basement while you suck on the government's t1ts because you're unable to support yourself.

As for immigrants, I prefer to pay (through my tax dollars) for an anchor baby's formula and diapers than a large bag of potato chips and a fruit soda for a lazy big mama who on top of being loud and unpleasant has an attitude of self-entitlement.

College-educated. On my own by 19. Supported a disabled husband. Was absolutely fine until the banks destroyed this country in 2008/9.

Attitude of entitlement? Not likely. Actually, I'm quite nice and have adorable dimples!

Old 01-16-2014, 09:06 PM

Oh, and tell me, how can you call someone who is constantly going/looking for school, working, and taking care of sick parents lazy?

Old 01-17-2014, 12:45 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,990,209 times
If you are seriously taking care of three disabled people, medicaid would give you money to live off of.

How to get paid to be a caregiver - Getting paid for caregiving - AgingCare.com You should look into the city.

You might contact Association on Aging in New York > Home

And you might contact New York City's Department of Aging. Department for the Aging - Caregiver Support

Old 01-17-2014, 05:51 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,257,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
See you're not thankful for the life you live. If something were to ever happen beyond your control, you would shrivel up like a snail when salt's poured on it.
I'm actually very thankful and grateful.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:12 AM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
And every speck that acts like you make the 1% smile because you've given up. We lost control of our government not because of people like me, but because of people like you.
Lost control? We never had control!

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-17-2014, 10:53 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,032,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
The tide has already turned. That is why the Gov't keeps cutting the benefits little by little. Eventually there won't be any. But there are other factors in place, not public opinion that is turning the tide.
The government is cutting them NOW to stay the growing unemployment and low wage jobs that are replacing the good/high wage ones.

Millions and millions of jobs are gone and being replaced by minimum wage and a few dollars above. Doesn't matter if you have a degree or not. There's also a lot of ageism involved too. It seems that once a person hits their late 40s and above, companies don't want to hire them.

It's good to know that you and many others popping off about your "wonderful" life will never find yourselves in the predicaments of these other people.

They didn't either.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:57 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,382,695 times
Well said Marilyn...at the rate things are going we will all be on food stamps so that businesses and corporations can keep driving up their stock prices. Why pay people a living wage or provide any benefits when the government will pay for their food, rent, retirement, healthcare, etc. Companies have pushed almost the entire cost of employees onto the government...AND they go further and offshore revenue so they don't even pay taxes.

WTF! WHY ARE WE WASTING TIME ARGUING ABOUT FEEDING PEOPLE WHEN CORPORATIONS ARE RAPING US ALL????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City