Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he guilty?
No 47 48.45%
Yes 50 51.55%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 05:31 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,357,387 times

Advertisements

I haven't really commented on this thread, since it went off of the rails a long time ago, but I saw an article in the paper about the father wanting them to try to use familial DNA in an attempt to find the perpetrator.

I think the father is all talk and runs his mouth. I think he's a little unhinged. I think he was hoping if he just kept saying, "We're going to get you! We have evidence!" That he would scare someone into confessing, especially if it was someone already in the database.

Below it was said that no rational person would grab a machete and go look for his or her daughter after being missing for thirty minutes---I never got the feeling the father was rational---but who knows if he really went off of the deep end after the loss of his daughter. And it's definitely hard to believe some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth. If I started walking around with a machete, I would probably get some looks and within a few minutes, the police would probably slowly roll up behind me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 07:38 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,589 times
[quote=toast890;46362223]Oh my god, what a good boy!

Possible but unlikely that they're connected. There's a decent number of "surprise" forcible rapes between strangers in NYC. You'll find plenty of them if you follow NYC news stories over a period of months. The perpetrator tends to be from a specific demographic.. I won't name it because it's not politically correct. Of course, white men rape too, but their MO is less likely to be forcible street rape of random persons.[/QUOTE

Don't want to derail the thread but if you make accusations like that you should provide statistics.
Many rapes are not reported so it would be interesting to know how you reached this conclusion.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:36 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,762,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I haven't really commented on this thread, since it went off of the rails a long time ago, but I saw an article in the paper about the father wanting them to try to use familial DNA in an attempt to find the perpetrator.

I think the father is all talk and runs his mouth. I think he's a little unhinged. I think he was hoping if he just kept saying, "We're going to get you! We have evidence!" That he would scare someone into confessing, especially if it was someone already in the database.

Below it was said that no rational person would grab a machete and go look for his or her daughter after being missing for thirty minutes---I never got the feeling the father was rational---but who knows if he really went off of the deep end after the loss of his daughter. And it's definitely hard to believe some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth. If I started walking around with a machete, I would probably get some looks and within a few minutes, the police would probably slowly roll up behind me.
agree. Could be that losing his daughter has sent him off the deep end. Or maybe he was always a bit off. Either way a lot of his public comments have been bizarre.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:13 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,085,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
agree. Could be that losing his daughter has sent him off the deep end. Or maybe he was always a bit off. Either way a lot of his public comments have been bizarre.
I heard the father on Curtis Sliwa's radio show a few days ago. He has an odd and sort of detached manner about him when talking about his daughter's murder. No tears, nor even rage. Just making a very calm case for familial DNA testing.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:44 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
I think the father knows dam well who it was or who 'they" were, and I think he knows the reason.
Anything said about him, one thing is evident, he is "off" everyone seems to agree on this.

I dont know of any parent that after missing a child, even at her age, would immdeietely go to the specific area with a machete????????????????? who walks around with a machete, unless he was chopping his way thru the everglades....

Im tha father of three grown boys, I do not own a machete, my father does now own a machete.

im sure many men dont......WTF is that all about.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Another theory: She broke up with her boyfriend two days before her death. The police say he was ruled out as a suspect because he had an alibi. Alibis are what suspects provide and sometimes suspects have an excuse but that doesn't mean they are innocent. Maybe the police suspect the boyfriend but don't have enough evidence to arrest him. I can't find any stories that he was DNA tested, only that he was ruled out because of an alibi. I don't think they could force him to provide DNA. The family early on in the case were talking as if they knew who the killer was and even the police said they were confident of an arrest. How could they say they expect to make an arrest while at the same time saying they have no suspects or leads? It could be they are trying to get evidence on the boyfriend.
because both of the parents are two idiots.

Old 12-02-2016, 03:00 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,519,605 times
Default Huge Reward......

[quote=LGR_NYR;46327835]The case is just hanging out there. I have seen reward posters in Staten Island. There is a big one on Linden blvd and the Conduit. Hopefully it get's resolved one way or the other.[/QUOTE

THE reward offer of $400,000 should be able to stir some emotions somewhere.....however, this may take some time, if the MAFIA is involved in this killing, like some people here are alluding to it, making inferences....

Old 12-02-2016, 07:43 PM

[quote=sasie123;46382372]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
The case is just hanging out there. I have seen reward posters in Staten Island. There is a big one on Linden blvd and the Conduit. Hopefully it get's resolved one way or the other.[/QUOTE

THE reward offer of $400,000 should be able to stir some emotions somewhere.....however, this may take some time, if the MAFIA is involved in this killing, like some people here are alluding to it, making inferences....

Gee, duh!!,

Old 12-06-2016, 09:47 AM

566 posts, read 503,953 times
"This GoFundMe page is being established in the name of Karina Vetrano. A beautiful. vivacious 30-year-old woman"

White parents of "beautiful. vivacious" women deserve $400k; while parents of color whose kids are "ugly" get bubkas.

I often watch TV late at night and come upon some missing people show. Some 50,000 go missing or are killed every year, anyone raising thousands for them? Nope.

Hey, Phil Vetrano, get over yourself. Your daughter was either a mob hit, or a jilted boyfriend.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:04 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,519,605 times
Default Dna

How about any DNA present from both people? I am sure she must have had some under her nails, and teeth, if she bit the perpetrator. Was any DNA present?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City