Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2017, 08:31 AM

712 posts, read 771,296 times

Advertisements

No number, but you can clearly see a entrance.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:33 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,843,219 times
I'm really starting to get worried about how long this is going to take. I've seen in other threads people waiting for many months even after their file was submitted to HPD for approval even when the building has a Certificate of Occupancy. These things take FOREVER. What if this goes into 2018?!!? I just have nightmares.

Last edited by wiivile; 07-11-2017 at 08:44 AM..

Old 07-11-2017, 10:59 AM

275 posts, read 256,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
I'm really starting to get worried about how long this is going to take. I've seen in other threads people waiting for many months even after their file was submitted to HPD for approval even when the building has a Certificate of Occupancy. These things take FOREVER. What if this goes into 2018?!!? I just have nightmares.
I mean, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't! I hope ours is one that doesn't. Already it feels like forever. I would love it if we could just get the CO. I can't understand why it's been 26 days since the last inspection. Luckily Breaking Ground seems like they have been responsive so far.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:48 AM

This s it possible that the files were submitted to HPD and then they will contact us?

Old 07-11-2017, 12:42 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,843,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New light baptist View Post
This s it possible that the files were submitted to HPD and then they will contact us?
Sounds like a question for whoever's turn it is to call Breaking Ground this week Maybe they didn't wait for the Certificate of Occupancy to send the files to HPD.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:25 PM

207 posts, read 355,459 times
Guys I can tell you all from my experiences with BG at American copper ... some of us viewed apartments in May, been approved by HPD and still have not signed leases ..

Breaking Ground has no interest in slowing/delaying the process.. they want to get things done as quick as possible and move on to the next applicants.

American Copper is being delayed by the developer and my interviewer at BG told me they're ready to go on their end as soon as they get the OK .
Good luck to all and hopefully your wait isn't as long as ours

Old 07-11-2017, 01:41 PM

275 posts, read 256,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygaga1 View Post
Guys I can tell you all from my experiences with BG at American copper ... some of us viewed apartments in May, been approved by HPD and still have not signed leases ..

Breaking Ground has no interest in slowing/delaying the process.. they want to get things done as quick as possible and move on to the next applicants.

American Copper is being delayed by the developer and my interviewer at BG told me they're ready to go on their end as soon as they get the OK .
Good luck to all and hopefully your wait isn't as long as ours
That sounds terrible! I'm so sorry. By the developer you mean the actual building manager, like for the market rate tenants? I can't fathom why they wouldn't be rushing people to sign leases so they can start getting checks!

Old 07-11-2017, 02:06 PM

What should have been an amazing experience has turned into a stressful, agonizing and disappointing experience. We are not asking for anything but to be treated with dignity and respect going through this process. Just because we are seeking affordable housing is no reason to have to go through this feeling that we don't have a right to any communication regarding what is going on.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:11 PM

207 posts, read 355,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesnyc View Post
That sounds terrible! I'm so sorry. By the developer you mean the actual building manager, like for the market rate tenants? I can't fathom why they wouldn't be rushing people to sign leases so they can start getting checks!
Yes the building manager, I would think so too that they would want to fill up apartments ASAP, which is why we have no idea the reason it's being help of for so long ...
BG definitely does not want loads of stacked up approved files laying around in their offices .. that's for sure

Old 07-11-2017, 04:04 PM

10 Freedom Place has 116 affordable apts. How hard would it be to send letters/emails just informing them of a delay.No news may be good news but no news is also stressful and frustrating. All we are asking for is a little respect and communication.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery