Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 08:28 AM

782 posts, read 527,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
But efficiency necessarily comes into play given what I wrote/the reality become the newer trains, which are coming on line and making the whole color-coding implausible in many cases. True, there are some older model trains around on, say, the A/C lines, but they are becoming fewer and farther in between.
I don't look at the colors on the trains themselves. I already know what color each letter is (and the colors are on all the signage in the stations anyway). Maybe I have been unclear? I don't rely solely on colors. They are just the first thing that pops into my mind and then I think about the individual lines if I need to (for example, if I need to end up at a local stop). When looking at the subway map, it's quicker for me to figure out directions by looking at the colors. This is not that complicated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 12:44 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,492,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks1346 View Post
I work for the MTA and if someone asked me about a green line metro stop, I would have no idea what they were talking about lol
You should be able to deduce that they're talking about the Lexington Ave line

Old 10-25-2016, 01:33 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,990,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
You should be able to deduce that they're talking about the Lexington Ave line
Which has three branches in the Bronx, and two branches in Brooklyn.

Even if you just speak about Manhattan, the 8th, 7th, 6th, Broadway all branch in Manhattan. Not to mention the North/South lines in Manhattan have local or express service.

The 7th Avenue line not only branches uptown, it branches downtown. Ditto for 6th Avenue line.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:10 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,198,038 times
Another disgusting forum from the usual alt-right city-data neoliberal bandits fantasizing about knocking down poor people's homes in the name of sacred gentrification. Hilarious because these are the same type people that then cry and throw tantrums when the people who've been uprooted riot and revolt burning down the newly established gentrified areas (*Ahem* Baltimore).

Old 10-25-2016, 10:24 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,492,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
Another disgusting forum from the usual alt-right city-data neoliberal bandits fantasizing about knocking down poor people's homes in the name of sacred gentrification. Hilarious because these are the same type people that then cry and throw tantrums when the people who've been uprooted riot and revolt burning down the newly established gentrified areas (*Ahem* Baltimore).
Don't you mean neocon?

I'm pretty sure OP is trolling though, anyone who is familiar enough with NYC to understand the Bronx to that extent would know that nobody here calls the subway the "metro".

Old 10-26-2016, 08:31 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,239,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Don't you mean neocon?

I'm pretty sure OP is trolling though, anyone who is familiar enough with NYC to understand the Bronx to that extent would know that nobody here calls the subway the "metro".
The alt-right could pretty much be defined by their hate for the neocons (Jewish ex-Trotskyites who believe in a world democratizing mission for America) and the neoliberals (economic globalists who believe in open borders, world trade agreements and free flows of labor and capital).

Old 06-22-2017, 05:45 PM

181 posts, read 190,808 times
When do we get to see "Luxury Condos starting at 600k on the revitalized Harlem Riverfront?" In the mean time...

https://ny.curbed.com/2017/6/20/1584...tt-haven-bronx

Old 06-22-2017, 06:27 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,086,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDT93 View Post
So I guess to have a "Downtown Bronx" would be to knock down the housing projects by 3rd Av- 138th st (green line metro stop)?

But do it in 3-6 phases so they'd have time to relocate. Knock down building one by one (6 phases) or 2 by 2 (3 phases). Honestly, Bronx needs a Downtown Business District. It's quite ashame that it doesn't.

Maybe, class A office buildings lining the Bronx's waterfront? Or course they'd build luxury apartments and condo's on that waterfront as well. Would have great Manhattan views.

But yeah, "Downtown Bronx" needs to happen!
"Downtown Bronx?" They should put it back where it was and where it belongs. E Tremont and Third .
Next to that best place would be Fordham Rd /Third Ave,Webster Ave.

Biggest architectural crime ever committed in NYC was the demolition of the real Bronx Borough Hall.
and there still isn't a replacement. We don't really have a borough hall. Oddly, many of the official offices for city services are still in that neighborhood around Tremont/Arthur/Third. Had to go there to go to the building department a few weeks ago.

When you google Bronx Borough Hall this is what you get: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronx_Borough_Hall

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...98264309026696

Fordham Road makes more sense though because it really is the middle of the Bronx with best access by transportation from everywhere. Plus it's just busier.

Anyway, there are discussions going on about building a completely new "real" Borough Hall. ..again since there isn't one now.....and it very well might not be where you think it should go. This is The Bronx after all.

Last edited by bluedog2; 06-22-2017 at 07:03 PM..

Old 06-22-2017, 07:08 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,897,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
I think "The Hub" area on 149th street or the court area on 161st could act as a Bronx downtown.
I like this idea too

Old 06-22-2017, 08:09 PM

329 posts, read 299,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDT93 View Post
That's pretty hard to believe considering that I know people who move there, and after living there for more than 5 years they tend to seem to refer to stops by both colors and numbers/letters.

Maybe you don't associate (or try to) with many transplants from other metropolitan cities? Pretty sure you didn't speak to EVERY transplant or New Yorker in NY. Lol, seems like you are is angry. I'm guessing you don't like how "Piano District" is coming along..
Give me a break
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City