Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 08:30 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Texas and Arizona are red states and they're doing very well compared to the rest of the country.

Actually, if you exclude NYC, NY is doing horrible in general. Upstate is just depressing. There's a reason why Florida beat us in population a few years ago.
I don't include upstate NY, I'm talking about NYC to begin with. Upstate NY doesn't have a diverse demographic.

Florida beat us in population because like Trump says all the immigrants "invading" this country. But I guess that's not true for this scenario. Same issue with Texas.

Texas and Arizona may be doing good but you have the dozens of other red states that are welfare cases. Like I said 3 out of 20 are bad statistics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
At the end of the day. Do you live in a bubble?
Nope I live in reality. Unlike you guys, that pick and choose statistics. It's funny you bring up Texas and Florida and Arizona as successful and most populous red states. Like I said before they are also becoming more and more diverse. With you trump supporters favorite people, immigrants.

You just can't compare the life of the average minority in Louisiana or Mississippi or Kentucky or Indiana, etc etc to a minority in NYC. I've travelled a lot and continue to do so including internationally so if I live in a bubble, it's a huge bubble

Old 12-19-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammax View Post
I didn't want Trump to win, but I'm getting sick of this argument. It implies that there is nothing to criticize about Hillary's shady past, and that Trump had nothing to offer either.

Frankly even though I wanted Trump to lose, it was pretty close in my mind... I was disgusted with both of them
Hilary isn't in the office and that's the point. Trump is our president elect and people are normalizing his behavior and his cabinet of white supremacist and billionaires. It's absolutely disgusting

Worse of all the majority of people that voted for him, voted against their own self interest. Those on Medicaid are in for a wake up call. The only people who will prosper in trump administration are those who already have the money to benefit aka rich people. Trump is going to make sure they are all very good and the rest of the people get the crumbs like always. The signs are there yet people are ignoring it. I'm good regardless, My taxes will go down under trump and My investments in real estate will continue to prosper, however I know many others will be suffering. He still hasn't said anything about our student loan crisis. I hope Bernie fights trump tooth and nail. This country can't continue this cycle, the 1% does not to be any wealthier.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:19 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
At this point I am actively happy she lost. I am not a dedicated leftist. I would support whatever is best for the public.

As for Trump, I certainly don't like all of his proposals, but I do very much agree with his stance on the job market and trade. In terms of his budget cuts for education, I truly believe they are for the best considering the neoliberal BS that was flourishing at universities due to government funding.

I do think there will be people hurt by Trump's budget cuts, but at the same time I believe it will encourage people to take care of their own communities. Minorities who were dependent upon "liberals" will need to turn to their communities and work on building them up and supporting each other, or they will be "Trumped" by the changes.
I so agree with you. So far I feel sorry for the following industrial complexes. Defense industrial complex is in big trouble. Trump spoke up against the new air force one which costs 4 billion dollars and spoke out against the 1 trillion dollar vtol fighter jet f-35 joint strike fighter. Trump secretary of education is a proponent of school choice. She seems to be against public education. Public education will receive less funding. If trumps gets its way, insurance and health industries will continue to loose money with the reform of the ACA. Trump is pro law enforcement, law enforcement will continue to see less money being spent on them except for high value targets like DC and Nyc. Prison industrial complex will have to do more with less money in many areas. The real winner is the wealthy who will recieve tax cuts again, even though they have been receiving tax cuts for the past 30 years. Wealthy should be lucky Bernie was not elected.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
Hilary isn't in the office and that's the point. Trump is our president elect and people are normalizing his behavior and his cabinet of white supremacist and billionaires. It's absolutely disgusting

Worse of all the majority of people that voted for him, voted against their own self interest. Those on Medicaid are in for a wake up call. The only people who will prosper in trump administration are those who already have the money to benefit aka rich people. Trump is going to make sure they are all very good and the rest of the people get the crumbs like always. The signs are there yet people are ignoring it. I'm good regardless, My taxes will go down under trump and My investments in real estate will continue to prosper, however I know many others will be suffering. He still hasn't said anything about our student loan crisis. I hope Bernie fights trump tooth and nail. This country can't continue this cycle, the 1% does not to be any wealthier.
One thing I noticed about Trump cabinet is that some of its members are white supremacist and Jews. How will both groups work together?

Old 12-19-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
I don't include upstate NY, I'm talking about NYC to begin with. Upstate NY doesn't have a diverse demographic.

Florida beat us in population because like Trump says all the immigrants "invading" this country. But I guess that's not true for this scenario. Same issue with Texas.

Texas and Arizona may be doing good but you have the dozens of other red states that are welfare cases. Like I said 3 out of 20 are bad statistics.
The economic decline of California is causing many times relocate to places like Arizona and Texas. I have been to both States and encountered plenty of Californians who have relocated. Bay area is California shimmering hope at the moment. Those red states like new Mexico, Alabama and Mississippi are very poor, and lack any form of sustainable industry.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:33 AM

27,567 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
He still hasn't said anything about our student loan crisis.
That's a good point. He needs to address it, as it is an elephant in the room.

I guess there are so many of those elephants right now.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
That's a good point. He needs to address it, as it is an elephant in the room.

I guess there are so many of those elephants right now.
Good bye to federal loans program. If anyone wants an education, you will have to fork over money at the bank and ask for a loan.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:53 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:

The people have spoken. It's time for the Hillary supporters to move on and accept the fact that they lost.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:59 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,598,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
One thing I noticed about Trump cabinet is that some of its members are white supremacist and Jews. How will both groups work together?
He doesn't have any Jewish cabinet members (obviously).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City