Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 07:40 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times

Advertisements

Most Americans don't realize there is a lot of reverse migration of Mexicans, Chinese, even Europeans returning back to their countries from America. Due to cost of living here and covid.

It's actually cheaper to rent and live in Europe, Asia, and South America than America.

We're not seeing large groups anymore of Chinese buyers of homes anymore. Right now the bidding wars are all done by millennial buyers using credit not cash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2021, 12:40 AM

38 posts, read 16,057 times
Howard Beach is trash since the subway is not extended into the area. They should extend the subway along Cross Bay Boulevard and it will become more sophisticated. And if they protest subway extension, the cops should be sent in to beat the crap out of them.

Old 10-15-2021, 05:43 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorJustinian View Post
Howard Beach is trash since the subway is not extended into the area. They should extend the subway along Cross Bay Boulevard and it will become more sophisticated. And if they protest subway extension, the cops should be sent in to beat the crap out of them.

As a life long New Yorker I wish to share the following....

I lived in a neighborhood where I walked to the corner for bus or train service. That neighborhood today is ridden with crime.
I lived in a 2 fare community making it a chore to go to and from work. The neighborhood today is in slight decay.
I live in a neighborhood where public transportation requires an unbearable walk. The neighborhood is still a delight.

It does not take a genius to see that the the nicest of communities have always had
in so many words (moderate to difficult to almost non-existent ) access to Public Transportation.

Public transportation can be both wonderful and cruel at the same time.
It brings you quickly back and forth to work and your daily needs.
It brings undesirables back and forth from their neighborhood to yours.

For a better quality of life......live beyond the final stops of any N.Y.C. run Public Transportation.

Old 10-15-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
As a life long New Yorker I wish to share the following....

I lived in a neighborhood where I walked to the corner for bus or train service. That neighborhood today is ridden with crime.
I lived in a 2 fare community making it a chore to go to and from work. The neighborhood today is in slight decay.
I live in a neighborhood where public transportation requires an unbearable walk. The neighborhood is still a delight.

It does not take a genius to see that the the nicest of communities have always had
in so many words (moderate to difficult to almost non-existent ) access to Public Transportation.

Public transportation can be both wonderful and cruel at the same time.
It brings you quickly back and forth to work and your daily needs.
It brings undesirables back and forth from their neighborhood to yours.

For a better quality of life......live beyond the final stops of any N.Y.C. run Public Transportation.
Yeah i seen that quality of life and while it had it's pluses it mostly sucked. For every little thing, you needed a car.

There are neighborhoods in NYC and outside of it that have little to train service and they are crime ridden nightmares.

Using your messed up logic, Detroit should be the safest city in America, since it has no legit public transit, yet it is mecca of cars, and is full of crime. Meanwhile cities like Tokyo, Zurich, or Shanghai don't have this problem with undesirables. You do, because people like you supported mass drug legalization and defunding the police.

Real New Yorkers favor trains that is just a fact and Howard Beach is a trash neighborhood since the subway doesn't run along Cross-Bay Blvd.

I suggest you get out of NYC and move upstate closer to Canada were you belong. That way you can drive all over the place.

Last edited by EmperorJustinian; 10-15-2021 at 09:39 AM..

Old 10-15-2021, 09:26 AM

1,424 posts, read 726,120 times
Quote:
Howard Beach is trash simply because its a Queens neighborhood. If it was a Long Island neighborhood, it would be a lot nicer.

Old 10-15-2021, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
Howard Beach is trash simply because its a Queens neighborhood. If it was a Long Island neighborhood, it would be a lot nicer.

You mean like Hempstead and Riverhead?

Old 10-15-2021, 09:46 AM

1,046 posts, read 469,458 times
Quote:
You do, because people like you supported mass drug legalization and defunding the police.

Real New Yorkers favor trains that is just a fact and Howard Beach is a trash neighborhood since the subway doesn't run along Cross-Bay Blvd.

I suggest you get out of NYC and move upstate closer to Canada were you belong. That way you can drive all over the place.
I suggest you do some research on the poster you're accusing of supporting mass drug legalization and defunding the police. Mr. Retired could not be more opposite that person.

Also this "real New Yorker" has lived in Howard Beach since she was 15, without a car.

Somehow, I've managed to survive just fine the last 30 years. Do I want to continue in a transportation/food desert, long term? No.

But your definition of "trash" is quite peculiar if all you base it off is transportation.

Old 10-15-2021, 09:48 AM

1,424 posts, read 726,120 times
Quote:
You mean like Hempstead and Riverhead?
Massapequa, Wantagh, Garden City, Merrick etc. All have similar demographics but are far superior to Howard Beach. Also since they are LI neighborhoods they are free from having to deal with most of NYC's politics. The local police aren't tied down to weak woke culture, and the roads are in better shape and have reasonable speed limits unlike Cross Bay Blvd which is a 6 lane divided street with a crappy 20 mph speed limit. The LIRR is also vastly superior to the NYC's dirty crappy subway.

Old 10-15-2021, 10:01 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
What a ridiculous comment. Most of Queens is just fine. Northeast Queens, Western part of the Rockaways, Broad Channel, Howard Beach, Middle Village, Glendale, Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, etc.

Old 10-15-2021, 10:05 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Nowhere more racist than parts of Harlem or Bronx where certain race will get stared or even racist jeers today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City