Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 06:51 PM

37,157 posts, read 39,430,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
My long track record of firearms ownership and nationwide carry, along with overseas bearing of scary weapons millions of NY'ers would outright faint upon sight of, ensures that your statement enduces no more than a smile as I read it this second time.
I don't know how enduces works, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. I do think you're under the mistaken idea that I don't own guns and/or I do not like owning guns. However, if you're trying to suss out if I dislike getting shot or shot at, that is actually true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 06:57 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,973,458 times
I knew I'd make that fatal mistake of a single misspelled word eventually. You know, the one that invalidates all that's been said prior in the world of the internets. Quite the conversation chiller if you ask me. Cheers.

Old 03-14-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I knew I'd make that fatal mistake of a single misspelled word eventually. You know, the one that invalidates all that's been said. Quite the conversation chiller if you ask me. Cheers.
I know you made a mistake, and you've made several more before that, but I literally do not understand what you mean by enduces. Your sentence, even if it was replaced by "induces" doesn't make sense to me. I think you're drawing the wrong conclusions or making what seem like incorrect assumptions, but again, I can't tell.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:03 PM

"Induces no more than a smile", ie, call me unhinged twice, three times, forever. It matters not, as my record proves. Well to me at least, but as jail usually involves no internet, this may be one online claim you're inclined to believe.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:09 PM

Quote:
"Induces no more than a smile", ie, call me unhinged twice, three times, forever. It matters not, as my record proves. Well to me at least, but as jail usually involves no internet, this may be one online claim you're inclined to believe.
I don't think you get it--what you're saying seems to be assuming that my post claims I'm somehow against guns or don't own one and that you're getting some kind of special pleasure from that. At least, I think that's what you're saying. Your assumptions are wrong if you're saying that, but who can tell since your post just seems so goofy. It's like your just smiling at yourself and mumbling in the corner somewhere. Speak up, kid! What are you trying to say?

Old 03-14-2017, 07:28 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,755,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
If this happens, then there needs to be video footage taken of this.
And that's why I think that this didn't happen. In this day and age in NYC anything portraying cops doing anything that can be perceived as wrong is captured by a hundred social justice warriors with camera phones.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
And that's why I think that this didn't happen. In this day and age in NYC anything portraying cops doing anything that can be perceived as wrong is captured by a hundred social justice warriors with camera phones.
Yea, I think it's possible, but unlikely. The camera phones are a fine, but you should have to pay for the cost to the city in legal fees if you falsely accuse with nothing.

Old 03-15-2017, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I don't think you get it--what you're saying seems to be assuming that my post claims I'm somehow against guns or don't own one and that you're getting some kind of special pleasure from that. At least, I think that's what you're saying. Your assumptions are wrong if you're saying that, but who can tell since your post just seems so goofy. It's like your just smiling at yourself and mumbling in the corner somewhere. Speak up, kid! What are you trying to say?
What I said was perfectly clear.

You claim that an armed world wouldn't work for me because I apparently make and perceive threats constantly (and flippantly). I said that makes me smile (laugh? Better?), because I've been carrying every day for 15 years and haven't shot anyone.

If you need it translated further, there's something wrong with you.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
What I said was perfectly clear.

You claim that an armed world wouldn't work for me because I apparently make and perceive threats constantly (and flippantly). I said that makes me smile (laugh? Better?), because I've been carrying every day for 15 years and haven't shot anyone.

If you need it translated further, there's something wrong with you.
Oh, I see. That's a lot more direct.

The misunderstanding might be that I'm not saying you being armed is really issue here. You've been carrying for 15 years and you have more than basic firearm training.

The problem is if you live in a world where every two bit idiot can easily get access to a gun and the prevailing sentiment is that any perceived threat (by said idiot) is grounds for popping off a few. In that world, things are bad for you and likely for everyone.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:58 AM

But the prevailing thought is incorrect, as I laid out earlier. The use of deadly force is well litigated and defined within our law. Anyone who believes otherwise and takes action will quickly learn the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: