Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 10:05 AM

16 posts, read 19,474 times

Advertisements

They def should. The one issue that I do have is that a lot of those that get accepted that are recently in the area get called. And for those who have been in then neighborhood for over 20 years or born in NYC never get in. Very sad how this process is. I just hope those that get those apartments are actual New Yorkers who are being pushed out. This is the reason we look for these opportunities. Best of luck to all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,405 times
Hi everyone,

I interviewed for a micro unit studio the first of April and haven't been able to get any updates. I've tried calling, voicemails, emails....nothing. I might try to go in person next week if nobody gets back to me.

At the interview they told me they still had micro units available and not to worry... my log is around 20,000.
However, before the internview, in mid-March I spoke with two different people on the phone and got contradicting feedback. One rep told me they only had 1 micro unit left and waiting to approve an applicant ahead of me. The other one was like-we have 2-3 micro units left to allocate and the two beds. You should hear back in 4-6 weeks latest.

I've been checking this thread every day for the past month since I was unable to register for some reason. I was finally able to create my account today and feels good to vent with other fellow frustrated applicants. I spent almost 100 bucks to print all the documents and the money order. The least they could do is communicate with people they interviewed. If they don't have any more units, just let us know.

What does it mean if you are waitlisted? That you have to wait for someone to leave one of the affordable units they just allocated? Are we going to be on that list years from now as well?

-trying to stay positive

Good luck all!

Old 05-30-2018, 06:58 PM

292 posts, read 702,739 times
Hey all,

So I am really suspecting Fifth Avenue already had this whole process planned out. I received a letter that says I don't qualify for these apartments and the crazy thing is, I do qualify! My income falls right smack in the middle! But the story gets stranger...I never was called at ALL for an interview nor did I bring in any documents. So how the hell was I rejected so quick yet I haven't even began the process?

So I have yet to hear back from them. I believe I might get some hogwash story about the reason why I wasn't picked and it seems that my dream of getting even considered for this apartment complex has vanished.

Also, all the other potential, future NYC apartments that are in the process of being built on the NYC housing connect website have outrageous high rent but mediocre income guidelines. I don't know how they expect tenants to manage their rent along with other financial responsibilities. They are perpetuating the cycle of poverty and stugglism (yeah, I made the word up).

As much as I love NYC, I might have to reconsider relocation again. I don't know. Just a thought.

Good luck to all who has gotten in!!!

Last edited by Nyalltheway; 05-30-2018 at 07:26 PM..

Old 05-30-2018, 08:56 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,461,784 times
You can appeal the decision, and show how you do qualify. You were probably rejected based on the info in your application, which might have been wrong (you may have made a mistake in the initial application). Just appeal, first to the marketing agent, and if you get rejected again, to HPD or the other housing entity that handles lottery apartments.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:06 AM

16 posts, read 19,474 times
Sorry all that been having a negative experience. I was called in for interview and gave in my papers. I fell in the category for microunit or one bedroom. I'm in the 3000"s list number. At the beginning of May, there was only one microunit left and there was one person ahead of me in the 2000"s list number. Whomever you spoke to wasn't being truthful to you. You defiantly was no where near next. I spoke to 2 other candidates that follow right behind me and we were all in 3000 number, preferred and all documents on point, great credit and nothing negative on background check. There is def no such thing as wait list as well. It a huge process and clearly makes no sense. I def lost hope on this lottery system.

Good luck to all!!

Old 06-27-2018, 08:42 AM

19 posts, read 21,066 times
Did anyone get an update? I gave up on mine

Old 06-27-2018, 09:33 AM

994 posts, read 1,056,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd09 View Post
Did anyone get an update? I gave up on mine
Im still waiting for them to get to my log number: 5,534,232

Old 06-27-2018, 08:52 PM

11 posts, read 16,606 times
I called yesterday. No update for me. The person working on my file said my paperwork hasn't been sent to hpd yet. Even though I interviewed, nothing substantial has happened yet

Old 06-28-2018, 08:07 AM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Do you guys really like the microstudios? How are they?

Old 06-28-2018, 11:17 AM

11 posts, read 16,606 times
Just spoke with one of the housing associates. One bedroom units are filled for 80%AMI. There are only 2 two bedroom units for 80%AMI. Those units are going to folks whose paperwork has already been sent to hpd. If you are like me and your paperwork hasn't been sent to hpd, you will be placed on the waitlist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City