Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 10:41 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Can we create the old Crime Thread? I remember in the past we had a yearly sticky thread called "2011 Official NYC Crime Thread" then 2012 and so on..

Time to Make NYC Forum Great Again.
So go ahead and do it, I'll sticky it.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Are you having a bad week? The 80s sucked.
I'm not having a bad week but it's really not a big deal, everything goes in cycles.

The people freaking out about crime really haven't experienced much.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:11 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I'm not having a bad week but it's really not a big deal, everything goes in cycles.

The people freaking out about crime really haven't experienced much.
Yeah I guess that’s true. And really true about the cycles. Love my buses

Old 07-12-2018, 07:26 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Anyone have available crime stats for this year so far? Is it a noticeable uptick compared with prior years?
Murders And Rapes Rise In NYC
Murders And Rapes Rise In NYC: Gothamist

"the first six months of this year saw a spike in the number of rapes and murders, the NYPD announced on Tuesday.

According to police data, there were 147 murders across the city in the first half of 2018—an 8 percent jump from the same period last year Fifty-one of those homicides have occurred in the Bronx, where there's also been an uptick in fatal shootings, up to 29 from just 17 this time last year.

The number of rapes has also increased by 33 percent this year, a stat the NYPD sees as somewhat positive, because that crime is so often under-reported."

Welcome to Bozo World, where more rapes is a good thing!!!

Old 07-12-2018, 07:30 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,877,896 times
NYC felt safe, I was just in NYC in May it was fine still safer than Chicago and LA and cities among the world of it's size. Manhattan is really safe I could be wrong on the Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens thou.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
NYC felt safe, I was just in NYC in May it was fine still safer than Chicago and LA and cities among the world of it's size. Manhattan is really safe I could be wrong on the Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens thou.
It is safe

Trust me this is nothing

About 30% of the regular posters on the NYC forum lived here when it was not safe.

I can name names but they know who they are.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:57 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
Quote:
It is safe

Trust me this is nothing

About 30% of the regular posters on the NYC forum lived here when it was not safe.

I lived here when it was not safe. Night and day compared to then. Never felt safer.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:44 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
It is safe

Trust me this is nothing

I remember when apartment break ins were the rage, when the subway had no air conditioning, and when the city was literally crumbling.

This doesn’t justify not fixing current problems. The city being better than the 80s is no excuse not to do anything to make things better.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:36 AM

782 posts, read 527,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Murders And Rapes Rise In NYC
Murders And Rapes Rise In NYC: Gothamist

"the first six months of this year saw a spike in the number of rapes and murders, the NYPD announced on Tuesday.

According to police data, there were 147 murders across the city in the first half of 2018—an 8 percent jump from the same period last year Fifty-one of those homicides have occurred in the Bronx, where there's also been an uptick in fatal shootings, up to 29 from just 17 this time last year.

The number of rapes has also increased by 33 percent this year, a stat the NYPD sees as somewhat positive, because that crime is so often under-reported."

Welcome to Bozo World, where more rapes is a good thing!!!
The police and advocates have been attributing the significant increase in reported rapes to the #metoo movement and a NYPD campaign encouraging more women to come forward.

NYC Sees an Increase in the Number of Reported Rapes… Is #MeToo Why? | Observer

Old 07-13-2018, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I remember when apartment break ins were the rage, when the subway had no air conditioning, and when the city was literally crumbling.

This doesn’t justify not fixing current problems. The city being better than the 80s is no excuse not to do anything to make things better.
Everything goes through cycles.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City