Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 02:14 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,684,170 times

Advertisements

I find it disturbing. On one hand, I'm all for eliminating smoking as much as possible. On the other hand, I'm disturbed at the way there's more and more intrusion into people's private lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 02:18 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,241,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
In my building they do
can I move in with you?

Old 07-31-2018, 02:20 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,241,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I find it disturbing. On one hand, I'm all for eliminating smoking as much as possible. On the other hand, I'm disturbed at the way there's more and more intrusion into people's private lives.
As someone who smokes cigs I don't find it intrusive because it effects other people. Once your actions affects other people its not just about you. Its a quality of life issue. By smoking in YOUR apart it goes into OTHERS apartments. Maybe I'm just a rare bread cause I always think how and what I do does it effect others.

Old 07-31-2018, 03:08 PM

1,486 posts, read 990,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
You think this **** just happens in the PJ...No it happened everywhere. I live in a smoke free building and people smoke weed and cigs all the time. My neighbors man always smokes weed and its the skunk kind. Its annoying as **** and sets my asthma off... they won't be going around busting people for smoking.

If it bothers you then need to complain and get the tenant in trouble as they are responsible for their guests actions. In my Coop if a guest does something that's a violation, whoever they came to see will get fined. After enough fines they will cut it out.

Quote:
Intrusion into personal lives? It is expensive is to get the smoke smell out of clothes let alone an apartment after someone's been smoking in there for years! The smell gets into everything. Besides anyone living in NYCHA does not own, they rent. It is not their property and if they don't want to follow the rules that were set by the owners then they can take their asses and move elsewhere.

Ive been on the receiving end of this smoke smell from people smoking in the elevators in my previous place despite the sign in there saying its illegal and its been too long of a wait for them to put this in effect.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:38 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,544,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Ive been on the receiving end of this smoke smell from people smoking in the elevators in my previous place despite the sign in there saying its illegal and its been too long of a wait for them to put this in effect.

If you lived in some NYCHA buildings the smell of cigs will be the least of your worries. Having to go downstairs to haul up water for bathing and to flush the toilet will be more important. There is a NYCHA facility where they have had to do this and of course no one cares about the stress on people's lives.

They don't do this for anyone's health. They do this to direct people about how to live their lives.

Imagine getting the smell of unflushed toilet out of your clothes because your neighbor cannot/will not go down stairs to get water! Or mold because the neighbor's plumbing is shot and the water seeps into your apartment. Or the rats and cockroaches. And the human vermin, like those who think that the stairs are their toilet!

Of all of the priorities at NYCHA this one is # 100, but the "Nazis" (both left and right wing) always have a weird set of priorities.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:49 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,482,861 times
deblasio

Old 07-31-2018, 05:51 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,600,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Unprotected sex should not be allowed in a NYCHA. lol
!

Old 07-31-2018, 05:52 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,600,824 times
Quote:
You want subsidized housing, you follow the rules

Old 07-31-2018, 09:03 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
If you lived in some NYCHA buildings the smell of cigs will be the least of your worries. Having to go downstairs to haul up water for bathing and to flush the toilet will be more important. There is a NYCHA facility where they have had to do this and of course no one cares about the stress on people's lives.

They don't do this for anyone's health. They do this to direct people about how to live their lives.

Imagine getting the smell of unflushed toilet out of your clothes because your neighbor cannot/will not go down stairs to get water! Or mold because the neighbor's plumbing is shot and the water seeps into your apartment. Or the rats and cockroaches. And the human vermin, like those who think that the stairs are their toilet!

Of all of the priorities at NYCHA this one is # 100, but the "Nazis" (both left and right wing) always have a weird set of priorities.

The most disturbing of all is the fact that folks will put up with this rather than move out.
I have very bad bad memories of housing projects. There were only a few that stood out as being
palpable but most were nothing more than urinals with doors and windows screwed into place.
My heart goes out only to those living in these deplorable conditions who in no way contribute to the filth.

Old 07-31-2018, 10:47 PM

1,121 posts, read 591,958 times
They should drug test NYCHA tenants and include nicotine and alcohol in the drug screenings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City