Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 01:30 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Cops are afraid of touching minorities. Period. Pensions are not at risk when dealing with white people of any social strata. Anyone who says otherwise knows nothing about the current state of policing.

As to your first point: did you do these drugs on the street like most lower-class people do, making them easy pickings for the police or did you do it inside of people’s apartments and homes coming from discrete drug dealers who don’t deal on the corners? Because the latter, as we all know (you too, but won’t admit it), affords much different Constitutional protections for those who partake.
We used discretion and did them in our homes or in those cool clubs. Not on the street.

And yes, I do admit the difference in constitutional protections there. That’s the whole purpose of doing things discretely.

That still does not justify using stop and frisk to uncover drugs on poor people, abd give them criminal records that prevent them from getting work, housing, and sometimes education. The city itself pays the price for this in permanent social services, even higher rates of crime as these people learn to be even worse criminals in jail, and higher rates of homelessness.

And the whole NYPD knows very well about all the clubs that are just front for dealers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2019, 08:45 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,264,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
First and foremost this woman isn't supposed to be even in this country, much less selling suspect food in subway.

Next she wasn't "targeted"; but asked (or rather told) several times previously to pack up and move along. Someone from MTA (station manager?) dropped a quarter on this woman that day, and they responded.

Finding someone committing same crime *AGAIN* after having been told several times (and received a few summons) not to do meant she shot her wad far as the NYPD was concerned. How many GD times does someone have to be told *NOT* to do something?

All LE does this to some extent. From street walkers to whatever; they're told to move along and not to be caught back there again. If they do return, then sooner or later are going to get what's coming to them.

Spare me the crocodile tears and SJW/soy boy butt hurt. This woman had ample warning what was going to happen if she continued, but for reasons of her own ignored those warnings. Nor did she bother answering summons that were issued.

The usual suspects are directly responsible for this woman's attitude. Again she is an illegal, then she doubles down on that bet by setting up an illicit business. On both counts SJW and soy boys are woke and outraged when *gasp* those in authority enforce laws. This woman is lucky it isn't Rudy G's or even Bloomberg's day; otherwise her happy behind would have been turned over to ICE and she could continue her street vendor career back in Ecuador.
I think more people are becoming aware of the fact that there is such increasing and vast inequality that small offenses like a vendor selling churros in the subway station are meaningless.

Also, try watching more of a variety of viewpoints, that soy boy stuff comes from Paul Joseph Watson and while it was somewhat entertaining it's already pretty dated.

Old 11-19-2019, 09:30 AM

201 posts, read 85,007 times
Quote:
Cops are afraid of touching minorities. Period. Pensions are not at risk when dealing with white people of any social strata. Anyone who says otherwise knows nothing about the current state of policing.
The NYPD has been "ethnic cleansing" to rid those awful and despicable white men out. I am surprised you complain at all though because you obviously obtained a stable lifestyle from the job. It is like you met the cut off. Today you would be blocked out from the job for not being of a diverse skin color or background, regardless of your actual background.

Likewise this NY writer guy (who does not even live in the USA let alone NYC) boasts of being in ivy league educated groups (years and decades ago) while most white men do not have that high class UES lifestyle and those are the ones being silented cleansed out of chances for employment at all levels regardless of their skill sets, and out of education opportunities regardless of their level of intellect, they are all being shut down and out.

Now the jobs go to everyone under the sun, except white males.

Tell you what, what would happen if a white male was to sell churros down there?

Old 11-19-2019, 09:57 AM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
I’m very thankful I was smart enough to get in when I did. I’m Tier 2 which is a goldmine of a pension compared to what they get now. If I can manage to hide out 9 more years doing little to no police work, my pension is going to be monstrous and my annuities with guaranteed interest will be astronomical. Far better than any private sector 27 year career.

As for a white boy churro hawker, that doesn’t happen and never will. Come up with a better example.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 11-19-2019, 11:47 AM

201 posts, read 85,007 times
Quote:
As for a white boy churro hawker, that doesn’t happen and never will. Come up with a better example.
The point is that there are rules posted in the MTA. I saw them today down there. It says clearly "No selling stuff without a permit". So why are churro ladies above the law? Why is there the double blind reasoning behind this issue? Because people are scared of churro lady and her pending lawsuits that will ensue because she has so much affirmative action (pandering by essentially violent, bigoted, liberals) behind her.

Also who says that only immigrants are "entrepreneurial"? That is totally insane. Let me tell you, if MTA allowed legal citizens to sell down there, they would make money down there, industriously too. More than the (law breaking) churro lady. It has nothing to do with where she comes, or what she looks like, or what languages she prefers, it comes from the clear fact that she breaks so many laws, including being here in the USA illegally and blatantly so. Let's start there again.

Old 11-19-2019, 02:48 PM

3,570 posts, read 3,755,524 times
Quote:
I’m very thankful I was smart enough to get in when I did. I’m Tier 2 which is a goldmine of a pension compared to what they get now. If I can manage to hide out 9 more years doing little to no police work, my pension is going to be monstrous and my annuities with guaranteed interest will be astronomical. Far better than any private sector 27 year career.

YUP, I remember when the PBA sold out their young in contract negotiations. It was ugly and self-serving.

Old 11-19-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay443 View Post
The NYPD has been "ethnic cleansing" to rid those awful and despicable white men out. I am surprised you complain at all though because you obviously obtained a stable lifestyle from the job. It is like you met the cut off. Today you would be blocked out from the job for not being of a diverse skin color or background, regardless of your actual background.

Likewise this NY writer guy (who does not even live in the USA let alone NYC) boasts of being in ivy league educated groups (years and decades ago) while most white men do not have that high class UES lifestyle and those are the ones being silented cleansed out of chances for employment at all levels regardless of their skill sets, and out of education opportunities regardless of their level of intellect, they are all being shut down and out.

Tell you what, what would happen if a white male was to sell churros down there?
Assuming you’re white if you really want to sell churros down there go ahead.

Old 11-19-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
The point is that there are rules posted in the MTA. I saw them today down there. It says clearly "No selling stuff without a permit". So why are churro ladies above the law? Why is there the double blind reasoning behind this issue? Because people are scared of churro lady and her pending lawsuits that will ensue because she has so much affirmative action (pandering by essentially violent, bigoted, liberals) behind her.

Also who says that only immigrants are "entrepreneurial"? That is totally insane. Let me tell you, if MTA allowed legal citizens to sell down there, they would make money down there, industriously too. More than the (law breaking) churro lady. It has nothing to do with where she comes, or what she looks like, or what languages she prefers, it comes from the clear fact that she breaks so many laws, including being here in the USA illegally and blatantly so. Let's start there again.
Basically though I’ve seen Black and White Americans who go homeless, it’s really rare that I will see Asians or Latinos homeless. Because they have the mindset to do whatever it needs to do to feed themselves and support themselves. Perhaps you should be learning from them.

Now technically there are public safety reasons why bendita of food should be licensed, and it’s illegal to sell food without a license.

On the other hand, if someone has no money and no job, criminalizing their attempt to making a living wheb NYC has skyrocketing a homeless population is just plain ridiculous.

For that reason prostitution should be decriminalized if not legalized.

Old 11-19-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:

There’s no shortage of white peoples in the Ivy League. Stop blaming people for your own failures. If you cannot get an education it’s all on YOU!

I mean if you have to be jealous if a woman selling food on the subway that’s just plain pathetic.

Old 11-19-2019, 03:41 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay443 View Post
the point is that there are rules posted in the mta. I saw them today down there. It says clearly "no selling stuff without a permit". So why are churro ladies above the law? Why is there the double blind reasoning behind this issue? Because people are scared of churro lady and her pending lawsuits that will ensue because she has so much affirmative action (pandering by essentially violent, bigoted, liberals) behind her.

Also who says that only immigrants are "entrepreneurial"? That is totally insane. Let me tell you, if mta allowed legal citizens to sell down there, they would make money down there, industriously too. More than the (law breaking) churro lady. It has nothing to do with where she comes, or what she looks like, or what languages she prefers, it comes from the clear fact that she breaks so many laws, including being here in the usa illegally and blatantly so. Let's start there again.
100%

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City