Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 02:21 PM

6,223 posts, read 3,619,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
They get cold in a minute and you can buy it at almost every corner in Ridgewood.
Upper Ridgewood maybe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2019, 03:13 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,015,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
You mean the Jehovas. They're looking for more suckers to pay 20% of their earnings into their multi multi billion tax free operation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay443 View Post
Another thing is that I have seen troops of mango cart ladies deploying in the morning together and taking the MTA into the city. Seeing three of them side by side I noticed there is more to it.

Somebody constructed their carts and fitted them with the same wheels, and wood components of each cart was crafted uniquely from spare or free parts. They each have smartphones, they all have fanny packs, hats, and worn up clothes that makes me wonder if they purposely dress down. Probably none speak English only Spanish.

But my point is that there is a business aspect churning power behind it - so I retrack my recent comment about them being Solopreneurs because there must be somebody with better business sense that instructs them how to operate the carts. The mango ladies did not just find the parts to build the carts on their own.
A lot of the legal vendors with street carts like the Halal food, or the chinese kebab carts in Flushing, or the hot dog/pretzels guys in midtown also have a similar setup.

I looked online, and there are manufacturers like metal fabricators that will build out these carts for you. Or you can buy used ones.

I am sure the churro ladies have someone make their carts for them. I know some Dominicans who take shopping carts, and create a makeshift cart because they cannot afford the nicer ones.

Old 11-17-2019, 06:08 PM

19,078 posts, read 14,029,030 times
Quote:
There are worse things than trying to make an honest living without a permit. She was targeting because she was female and likely elderly. (Most churro ladies aren't young.) In other worse, she was an easy target.
She was targeted because she was committing a crime, the only reason cops target anyone. Every other reason is made up nonsense to play apologist for deviant behavior.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 11-17-2019, 09:03 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,351,161 times
Quote:
There are worse things than trying to make an honest living without a permit. She was targeting because she was female and likely elderly. (Most churro ladies aren't young.) In other worse, she was an easy target.
True. Much easier target to harass than a mentally deranged homeless man or some brainwashed bible pusher. The latter two can respond with violence, while an innocent old churro lady will just pack up and go elsewhere

Old 11-18-2019, 02:25 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,024,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
If you notice, hard working everyday New Yorkers of color could care less about this latest "Fad".

It's only the White Soy Boys and White Female SJW's who part-time at their local ACLU office who seem to always have their phones out.

Like Malcolm X Said, be Weary of the White Liberals.

"The white Liberal differs from the white Conservative only in one way; the Liberal is more deceitful, more hypocritical, than the Conservative. Both want power, but the White Liberal is the one who has perfected the art of posing as the Negro's friend and benefactor and by winning the friendship and support of the Negro, the White Liberal is able to use the Negro as a pawn or a weapon in this political football game, that is constantly raging, between the White Liberals and the White Conservatives. The American Negro is nothing, but a political football."

- Malcom X (1963)
Hardworking people of color aren't celebrating when a poor woman who could be their sister or family member gets arrested for selling FOOD.

She was at least working and trying to survive.

Old 11-18-2019, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
She was targeted because she was committing a crime, the only reason cops target anyone. Every other reason is made up nonsense to play apologist for deviant behavior.
I remember a young white guy, about 5'9", was reading a book and taking up two seats on an almost EMPTY G train. A police officer made him get off the train and ticketed him.

The young white guy was obviously not a violent person, so it was EASIER for a single cop to risk dealing with him, as opposed to someone who might fight or have a weapon.

I saw an obvious methhead white guy with his penis out in broad daylight. He was passed out. I told an individual police officer who was around the corner. That cop looked at the junky, did nothing and walked away. Potentially dangerous people cops want back up.

So in the case of this lady selling churros or the young guy taking up two seats, cops went after NON VIOLENT people who were supposedly committing crimes when they were not harming people at all and there was no real reason to bother them.

Old 11-18-2019, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
True. Much easier target to harass than a mentally deranged homeless man or some brainwashed bible pusher. The latter two can respond with violence, while an innocent old churro lady will just pack up and go elsewhere
True and if the cop has to do a violent takedown, think LAWSUIT, think media attention,and bye bye job and pension.

Old 11-18-2019, 06:44 AM

201 posts, read 85,548 times
But the churro lady made the news. She really is trouble now there is no denying that much. Trouble for lawsuits against the MTA, or the NYPD, or the city government. Taxpayer troubles. She and any other of these mango slice peddlers are ticking lawsuit timebombs now.

Her middle name might as well be Trouble, or Los Problemas.

Look at the legit Newstands down in subways and on the street level. They have licenses. No controversy. The reason they have licenses? Because of previous controversies however many years ago, hence they are now all required to have licenses to operate their business.

Old 11-18-2019, 06:57 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,250,828 times
I am pro-street vendors but if you are going to set up rules for all vendors to follow (needing permits, licenses, food handling courses, etc.) well then everyone has to follow those rules. There should be no exceptions. As for being in the subways, if there are rules that forbid selling foods down there, then that has to be enforced as well.

Old 11-18-2019, 08:36 AM

19,078 posts, read 14,029,030 times
There’s no leg to stand on a lawsuit here. Some SJW made it an issue and the media hates cops anyway so they ran with it. Every aspect of this arrest was lawful and proper and no one was hurt. She gets nothing.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City