Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 10:18 AM

34,073 posts, read 17,112,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
It would be illegal, wouldn't it? Are you saying Shake Shack is doing the cover-up or the police are?
It may be hard to prove-as opposed to a coverup.

I do think a boycott will occur of the chain, which may be unofficial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 10:25 AM

37,181 posts, read 39,463,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
It may be hard to prove-as opposed to a coverup.

I do think a boycott will occur of the chain, which may be unofficial.
Seriously, are you saying it's the police covering up or Shake Shack doing a coverup? NYPD was the one who apparently did the investigation and said there was no criminality involved. Who are you claiming is doing the coverup?

Old 06-16-2020, 10:30 AM

3,148 posts, read 2,741,767 times
Cops have stayed lying about food-chain harassment. Literally, lie after lie after staged incident:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/9...k-we-are-v27n1

It sounds like in this case the cops were at least genuinely sickened, but it wasn't intentional--and yet some of you still want to believe a conspiracy theory and call for a boycott. What pathetic self-pitying cowards some cops can be.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Seriously, are you saying it's the police covering up or Shake Shack doing a coverup? NYPD was the one who apparently did the investigation and said there was no criminality involved. Who are you claiming is doing the coverup?
The timing reeks of suspicion, but short of someone admitting they added bleach on purpose, I do not see how it can be proven.

I'm also a far bigger fan of using economic power in these situations.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
The timing reeks of suspicion, but short of someone admitting they added bleach on purpose, I do not see how it can be proven.

I'm also a far bigger fan of using economic power in these situations.
So it’s NYPD you’re claiming is covering up? Or is it Shake Shack? You’re talking about suspicious timing, but what are you casting your suspicions on? Sure, use economic power, but who are you blaming for this that you’re going to economically target?

Old 06-16-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
So it’s NYPD you’re claiming is covering up? Or is it Shake Shack? You’re talking about suspicious timing, but what are you casting your suspicions on? Sure, use economic power, but who are you blaming for this that you’re going to economically target?
My gut reaction leans toward intentional. However, I fear copycats, so would prefer it be dealt with quietly.

Under BDB, NY cops have had enough deaths. This is an anti-cop era in NYC, which BDB fits in with well, in terms of ideology. My preference would be to see a massive quantity of good, urban cops to quit the force. They are under attack, and their lives will remain in danger. I do not think an ungrateful citizenry is deserving of protection.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
My gut reaction leans toward intentional. However, I fear copycats, so would prefer it be dealt with quietly.

Under BDB, NY cops have had enough deaths. This is an anti-cop era in NYC, which BDB fits in with well, in terms of ideology. My preference would be to see a massive quantity of good, urban cops to quit the force. They are under attack, and their lives will remain in danger. I do not think an ungrateful citizenry is deserving of protection.
I'm not asking about your gut intentions--you're leveling an accusation against either the NYPD or Shake Shack or both. Who is covering up or allowing a crime to go unpunished here? If you're saying the NYPD, then do you think it makes sense to have the ability to have a crime committed and then actively ignore it and publicly declare there was no criminality? If you think it's Shake Shack, then do you think they did a fine job of fooling NYPD to declare such or do you think somehow they're in cahoots with NYPD? It's an odd, vague accusation you want to levy, but you want to do a boycott anyhow. That's impressive. Are you boycotting Shake Shack and the NYPD? How do you propose to do the latter?

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 06-16-2020 at 11:46 AM..

Old 06-16-2020, 11:35 AM

3,402 posts, read 3,579,547 times
No more shake shack

Old 06-16-2020, 11:43 AM

34,104 posts, read 47,331,471 times
Quote:
rI'm not asking about your gut intentions--you're leveling an accusation agains either the NYPD or Shake Shack or both. Who is covering up or allowing a crime to go unpunished here? If you're saying the NYPD, then do you think it makes sense to have the ability to have a crime committed and then actively ignore it and publicly declare there was no criminality? If you think it's Shake Shack, then do you think they did a fine job of fooling NYPD to declare such or do you think somehow they're in cahoots with NYPD? It's an odd, vague accusation you want to levy, but you want to do a boycott anyhow. That's impressive. Are you boycotting Shake Shack and the NYPD? How do you propose to do the latter?
Crumbler strikes again

I'll take "conundrums" for 200 Alex

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-16-2020, 11:46 AM

874 posts, read 455,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post

"So the latest is that there is no criminality on the part of the Shake Shack employees.

So how do you think the cleaning fluid got into the police officers' drinks? A non-employee?

what if it was joe tourist that got the tainted shake?

not for one second do i believe this was a "coincidence."
(that the people ordering were NYPD, and NOT nick nyawker or "regular" customer or tommy tourist).

scum employees/manager knew what they were doing.

If this was plain-ole-citizen/tourist... - lawsuit.

i believe - mean spiritedness/vicious acts like this............

..coming back like a boomerang to them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City