Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 12:25 PM

34,136 posts, read 17,199,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
At worst, it would be that specific location's fault, not the entire Shake Shack org management. C'mon

But it seems NYPD cleared Shake Shack of any wrongdoing, so this is all moot.
Where is the Shake Shack management action plan?

This could easily be replicated w/o one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 07:51 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,993,260 times
Shake Shack is overpriced crap anyway...I went into a couple in NYC and found them not too well run...The people working at them did not seem like reliable workers or were simply not interested in their jobs. I avoid them...and the cops should avoid all of them.

Old 06-17-2020, 08:07 PM

37,291 posts, read 39,614,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Shake Shack is overpriced crap anyway...I went into a couple in NYC and found them not too well run...The people working at them did not seem like reliable workers or were simply not interested in their jobs. I avoid them...and the cops should avoid all of them.
Best fast food burger chain in the city as In-N-Out never made it out here. I think it’s fairly good overall considering its competitors who also don’t generally have the most devoted employees in the world.

However, there’s plenty of non-chain burger restaurants in NYC, so why use up that stomach room on your trip to NYC to go to one? Besides, it’s an international chain now.

Old 06-17-2020, 10:47 PM

30,709 posts, read 18,355,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Best fast food burger chain in the city as In-N-Out never made it out here. I think it’s fairly good overall considering its competitors who also don’t generally have the most devoted employees in the world.

However, there’s plenty of non-chain burger restaurants in NYC, so why use up that stomach room on your trip to NYC to go to one? Besides, it’s an international chain now.
I found In-N-Out to be trash. Seriously, I'd prefer a Big Mac. And don't get me started on the horrendous fries at In-N-Out

Old 06-18-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I found In-N-Out to be trash. Seriously, I'd prefer a Big Mac. And don't get me started on the horrendous fries at In-N-Out
No, nope, no, no, nope. I can understand someone wanting the heavier kind of patties that Shake Shack or Five Guys have, but I can't understand Big Mac except out of habit and availability. In-N-Out's an odd one as a kind of "fresh" tasting burger with simple, but good ingredients. That's not to everyone's tastes, but not everyone has good taste. I understand I'm in the minority who prefers their fries to others though.

Old 06-22-2020, 07:26 PM

https://gothamist.com/news/officers-...r-had-symptoms

And apparently the police officers never showed symptoms of any poisoning nor reported such--they tasted the milkshakes which they felt tasted funny and then threw them away. There was also no way to know that was an order by a police officer since it was an order for takeout placed through an app so the order was packed and ready to go without knowing if the order was from a police officer. Of course, that's a far less salacious story so what we'll get the initial scoop assuming the worse and with no verification of the details having far more traction and spread than any of the followup stories.

Old 06-23-2020, 04:53 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,142,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I wish fast food would automate all food prep ASAP.

Same here, i'm waiting for a world without people, period. More food for me.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
Same here, i'm waiting for a world without people, period. More food for me.
Until something breaks down in the supply chain and no one automated the fix

Old 06-23-2020, 01:08 PM

3,358 posts, read 1,247,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post

Agree completely
in and out is better than shake shack and half the price.they also have much better employees.

i agree with the poster who said he doesn't like their fries. i don't like shake shack's either.

mcdonalds fries are great but everything else they sell is absolutely disgusting.

Old 06-23-2020, 01:26 PM

2,853 posts, read 2,311,315 times
https://nypost.com/2020/06/22/how-ny...piracy-theory/

The NYPost has declared this essentially a hoax. The officers thought the shakes tasted funny and threw them out, they had no symptoms. As a precaution they were checked out at the hospital while the store was investigated by police...nothing was found that indicated any wrong doing. For some unknown reason, an officer blasted out an email to the union falsely stating that police were throwing up from tainted shakes. The unions and conservative media uncritically ran with it.

Looks like this was an fake internet outrage story fueled more by people's own biases than any actual evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City