Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 07:26 AM

6,685 posts, read 6,029,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Were being flooded by New Yorkers in my red county in NJ but PLEASE leave your liberal politics behind that messed up your city. I dont want to have to move.
Great post! I've had people tell me the same thing, mainly people from Texas.
I hope that people who move out of here don't turn your areas into liberal cesspools!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 07:31 AM

6,685 posts, read 6,029,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Since when the hell is NJ a "red" state and since when--and how--is NY in any way paying for NJ?????

Certain states pay more into the fed than they receive. NY is No. 1. NJ is No. 2.
You'd be very surprised. I went wave running and parasailing in southern New Jersey last month and many people over there had Trump apparel, beach towels and other pro Trump gear. You know a place is conservative when no one is afraid of wearing their maga hats.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:44 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
You'd be very surprised. I went wave running and parasailing in southern New Jersey last month and many people over there had Trump apparel, beach towels and other pro Trump gear. You know a place is conservative when no one is afraid of wearing their maga hats.
Oh, there are definitely some Trump people in the state. Some of them are even related to me. There are even certain counties that almost always vote Republican. But by and large, NJ leans left, particularly in presidential elections. I thought that this was something people knew and am surprised to see someone try to make it sound otherwise.

Old 09-03-2020, 08:11 AM

855 posts, read 451,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Fly View Post
Another really pathetic post, let’s talk about real stuff, no more grumpy old man rants. People are free to move wherever they want in this country and keep their political opinion, even if they decide to move to country Alabama.
When liberal voting habits turn a city into a 3rd world hell hole, so bad that people want to pick up and move elsewhere, taking those same voting habits to a new part of the country and repeating the same is a threat.

Whether you understand it or not.

Old 09-03-2020, 10:23 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Thats the problem, I dont need a DeBlasio, AOC, Cuomo, and BLM protestors in my area. People are fleeing California and NYC in droves because of leftist politics and no im not an old man im a millennial.
It doesn't matter what you want. This is America. We are all free to vote with our feet and take our politics with us. Stop crying about it and get involved politically if you don't agree.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:06 AM

1,169 posts, read 750,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
When liberal voting habits turn a city into a 3rd world hell hole, so bad that people want to pick up and move elsewhere, taking those same voting habits to a new part of the country and repeating the same is a threat.

Whether you understand it or not.
Only people who have never left the USA except for maybe an all-inclusive resort (where they never leave the walls) say things like this.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:30 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,427,042 times
In that case I would be your Tazmanian Devil. I've got California and NYC politics under my belt.... " BOO "

Old 09-03-2020, 11:50 AM

1,107 posts, read 552,470 times
I understand the concerns of the OP and I feel for him. As a conservative NYer, I am overtaxed and underrepresented, so I too plan on leaving as soon as I possibly can to live among people who share my values. Hopefully, the people flocking to the OP's town are moving there for the same reason.

Everyone knows that this is a free country and people can move wherever they want, but can you really not understand why conservatives wouldn't want people coming to their towns to vote for the same liberal policies that made their original homes unsafe and unlivable?

Old 09-03-2020, 11:54 AM

34,082 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
I understand the concerns of the OP and I feel for him. As a conservative NYer, I am overtaxed and underrepresented, so I too plan on leaving as soon as I possibly can to live among people who share my values. Hopefully, the people flocking to the OP's town are moving there for the same reason.

Everyone knows that this is a free country and people can move wherever they want, but can you really not understand why conservatives wouldn't want people coming to their towns to vote for the same liberal policies that made their original homes unsafe and unlivable?
For some reason this made me think of the Native Americans meeting the Pilgrims.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-03-2020, 11:57 AM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post

For some reason, they can't just stay in the utopias they created. I wonder why that is?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City