Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 04:33 PM

8,540 posts, read 4,773,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Tell that to Colorado.
I can’t speak for Colorado. But more red-oriented voters are probably going to need less of a nudge to leave California behind, and the more blue voters are probably more likely to seek out places which were already fairly liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 04:38 PM

19,071 posts, read 14,002,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I can’t speak for Colorado. But more red-oriented voters are probably going to need less of a nudge to leave California behind, and the more blue voters are probably more likely to seek out places which were already fairly liberal.
Makes sense in theory, but you can spend hours reading articles with a simple google search that say otherwise.

CO, TX, NC, FL, even now NH and ID, just to name a few, have a well-documented history of internal refugee influence skewing past political norms.

And to clarify, I mean AMERICAN refugees fleeing high-COL democrat-run states.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-05-2020, 04:42 PM

8,540 posts, read 4,773,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
It's not the state it's the city or town within the state

The 10 Most Conservative Cities In America For 2020

1) Lafayette, Louisiana
2) Tyler, TX
3) The Woodlands, TX
4) Knoxville, TN
5) Frisco, TX
6) Carrollton, TX
7) Murfreesboro, TN
8) Chattanooga, TN
9) Scottsdale, AZ
10) Plano, TX

Some of the nice places Republican New Yorkers can escape to
LOL Tyler. I can back that one up. We have something of a mega church here, Green Acres Baptist Church. It’s nicknamed Green Acres City Hall.

Anyhow, you can also end up in a dilemma which my Ma’s late ex-husband and his wife ended up in. He was a SoCal native, while his wife was from New Jersey. They ended up near Houston, and he refused to move further East, while she refused to move further west. I know he was something of a Republican, not sure about her other than that my Ma liked her and thought she was a decent fit for him, generally. So in Texas they ended up.

Or you end up here in Tyler for apolitical reasons. My wife and her family came from Los Angeles to Tyler strictly because her father cashed out of his business and purchased 7 rental properties here. He’s kinda blue politically, but he also brought his daughters who are staunch Berniecrats and didn’t have a huge say in where they were going to live.

Then you have rebels like me. I was a California Republican, but didn’t particularly identify with Republicans here and realized I was more of a libertarian.

I now basically don’t look too hard at politics when I think about where to move. I’m politically homeless anywhere, lol.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:14 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,612,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
It's not the state it's the city or town within the state

The 10 Most Conservative Cities In America For 2020

1) Lafayette, Louisiana
2) Tyler, TX
3) The Woodlands, TX
4) Knoxville, TN
5) Frisco, TX
6) Carrollton, TX
7) Murfreesboro, TN
8) Chattanooga, TN
9) Scottsdale, AZ
10) Plano, TX

Some of the nice places Republican New Yorkers can escape to
What exactly is conservative about any of these places? I bet most of those cities are Dem majority.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:48 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,724,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
What exactly is conservative about any of these places? I bet most of those cities are Dem majority.
https://www.homesnacks.net/most-cons...erica-1210857/

How we determined the most conservative cities in America for 2020
We started by making a list of every city in America over 100,000 people based on the 2014-2018 American Community Survey (The most recent data). That left us with 306 big cities.

We then measured the voting record and donation data to determine which cities lean the most rightward in their allegiances by:

Percentage Of Registered Republicans
# Of Contributions To Republicans Per Capita
$ Amount Contributed To Republicans Per Capita

New York, NY
79.5% Democrat
17.5% Republican

Staten Island, NY
Republican, 56.1%
Democrat 41%

Most Conservative cities

long list here, Texas has most
https://www.homesnacks.net/most-cons...erica-1210857/

Lafayette, LA
64.6% Republican,
31.0% Democrat

Tyler, TX
69.5% voted Republican
23.3 Democrat

The Woodlands, TX
73.0% Republican
22.3 Democrat

Knoxville, TN
Republican 58.5%
Democrat 38.8%

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
^^ this site has the percentages of R to D per city
Note after Roseville, California many of these cities have more Democrats but with nearing Republicans,
pointing to the fact that most Republicans in the US dont live in cities

Last edited by Yac; 09-09-2020 at 02:06 AM..

Old 09-05-2020, 06:12 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,705,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Were being flooded by New Yorkers in my red county in NJ but PLEASE leave your liberal politics behind that messed up your city. I dont want to have to move.
That's okay; New Yorkers prefer places with good schools, where people learn punctuation.

Old 09-06-2020, 04:20 AM

319 posts, read 279,724 times
Liberals do the most good when they have passed away.

Old 09-06-2020, 05:24 AM

2,389 posts, read 2,346,152 times
All 3 branches of Florida state gov't are controlled by Rs. For presidential elections it's always been a swinger, but locally(which is more important)? Montana has a Dem gov and a Dem US Senator yet the state is never mentioned as a swing state. I wonder why.

Honestly if state and national R's ran on local issues like sidewalks, public transit, street lights, etc rather than social BS, the liberals invading to vote for the same BS wouldn't be a problem.

Old 09-06-2020, 07:07 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,591,975 times
I moved from NYC to Florida’s gulf coast (blue to red) 4yrs ago and life has never been better.

Within 3yrs I was able to buy a home for less than what monthly rent on a studio basement apt will run you in even the worst neighborhoods in NYC. Quality of life overall is 10x better. None of this antifa/blm/looting/rioting/burning BS going on here, and one of the great things here is, you’re not taxed to death!.

Ive seen and experienced both liberal politics/polices as well as conservative ones. I will NEVER live in one of these left wing liberal cities ever again.

Old 09-06-2020, 08:32 AM

1,107 posts, read 554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
That's okay; New Yorkers prefer places with good schools, where people learn punctuation.
...and how to hate yourself for being white.

The high school graduation rate for NY schools is below the national average. The highest high school graduation rates belong to conservative states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City