Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 01:45 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Welp the results from Delta variant aren't much better. Logic at this point dictates you should get vaccinated instead of rolling the dice. If you have an adverse reaction gage that against being on a ventilator and pumped full of steroids which have their own nasty side effects.

Life is about playing the game that has the best odds... Vaccine mortality is a lot lower than COVID at this point.
Dude, ignore him/her. You literally just wasted 2 minutes of you life. It's not even worth it. Say nothing to those who choose not to get vaccinated.

Old 08-03-2021, 02:46 PM

1,142 posts, read 856,433 times
I am vaccinated, but do NOT support mandates. This is pure Government over-reach. I guarantee there will be many murders and violent attacks against those who ask to see papers when entering bars and restaurants. It is gonna get very bloody. This will NOT end well. Mark my words

Old 08-03-2021, 03:15 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
I am vaccinated, but do NOT support mandates. This is pure Government over-reach. I guarantee there will be many murders and violent attacks against those who ask to see papers when entering bars and restaurants. It is gonna get very bloody. This will NOT end well. Mark my words
I'm also vaccinated and don't support the mandates. You're telling people who did the right thing that they have to mask up to protect people who refuse to get vaccinated. It's so stupid. I wonder how many in the medical field will change careers. It must suck having to put their lives at risk like this and be punished for not wanting to come to work for their safety.

Like Tencent (or whoever) said, nothing is 100%. So what if we get Delta...most don't even need to go to hospital, and the symptoms are mild. Just when people started to enjoy themselves and re-connect with friends, we reverse course. And I see that eviction moratoriums will be extended in places with a high number of cases..really? So basically the places where a lot of the population refuse to get vaccinated will benefit. And I wonder what will happen as it relates to a potential 4th stimulus. Will it just go to states like Florida and Texas where people refuse to get vaccinated?

Old 08-03-2021, 03:15 PM

25 posts, read 23,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
It's not the businesses making individual choice when the sexual predator governor mandates it.
You can’t argue with liberals. I think this forum should branch into 2 sub forums (Smart Republican NYERS and one for Crying Liberals only.

Old 08-03-2021, 03:55 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
Unnecessary...

They are attacking flight attendants too. For what? Just don't fly. Just don't eat out.

Old 08-03-2021, 04:06 PM

5,805 posts, read 2,930,663 times
I’m ok with vaccinated sticking with Panera, Starbucks, Applebee’s and Salad joints.

The rest of us will stick with old school Italian, Irish, Russian and Greek places. Plenty of those outside Manhattan.

Old 08-03-2021, 04:14 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times
Well if businesses can afford to turn away more than 50% of their perspective customers, then they should listen to our leaders and do so.

Let us not forget that just because someone is vaccinated, it doesnt mean they cannot get or give Covid of any variation (I believe the world is up to the Lambda variant).

But you know, if they are doing so good that they can afford to be so (stupidly) selective - AWESOME!

I only eat organic, non-GMO anyways. And, its hard to find any restaurant that meets my standards.

Hasta luego, restaurantes!

Old 08-03-2021, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
The rest of us will stick with old school Italian, Irish, Russian and Greek places. Plenty of those outside Manhattan.
Oh you mean that old school Italian place where the owner just had a triple bypass operation at age 60 and now takes COVID seriously (per Doctors orders?)

Old 08-03-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Well if businesses can afford to turn away more than 50% of their perspective customers, then they should listen to our leaders and do so.

Let us not forget that just because someone is vaccinated, it doesnt mean they cannot get or give Covid of any variation (I believe the world is up to the Lambda variant).

But you know, if they are doing so good that they can afford to be so (stupidly) selective - AWESOME!

I only eat organic, non-GMO anyways. And, its hard to find any restaurant that meets my standards.

If i was in the food business I would be 100% Ghost Kitchen.

It makes zero sense to play tango with a virus that can be spread among vaccinated patrons. Sorry for the sit down "experience" restaurants but that business model is done.

In 2019 my birthday dinner at a decently rated Cuban spot the bill for each person was $250 for only 2 drinks per person. This wasn't a Michelin quality establishment.

Now to pay such high prices I'm not looking to pay that plus get a free side of Delta Variant. I'm all the way good.

Old 08-03-2021, 05:11 PM

1,057 posts, read 541,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post

A lot of Manhattan restaurants won't have to turn people away. Check the zip code vaccination map of Manhattan. Many zip codes are 70 to 100% vaccinated. https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/...-vaccines.page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City