Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 04:14 PM

14,047 posts, read 13,920,856 times

Advertisements

Gentrification has crossed the Harlem River into the The Bronx

Third at Bankside, the Bronx’s most expensive private development in history coming in at just under a billion at $950 million, will begin leasing this November with the first move-ins expected this December at the first phase of the development.

The first phase at Third at Bankside will include 450 luxury residential units across two 25-story buildings and one 17-story building filled with amenities you’d expect at such development like valet parking, round-the-clock door attendant, co-working sky lounge, resident lounges, rooftop pool and barbecue deck, outdoor terraces, game room, playroom, fitness center, and a double-height lobby.

https://welcome2thebronx.com/2021/09...nx-waterfront/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2021, 04:43 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,258,196 times
Good location. The 4 is one of the faster/more reliable into midtown and lower Manhattan.

I think they're eventually banking on the Q being extended right through the development. Good luck with that though. Maybe (and that's a stretch) in 50 years, literally.

With the hybrid model many employers are adopting, I can see a ton of people wanting to live there. Cheaper and more room to breathe than Midtown/UES/UWS, and Randall's Island Park is very close.

Old 10-17-2021, 11:21 AM

239 posts, read 321,059 times
Yep, it's even in the Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/15/r...struction.html

Old 10-17-2021, 11:34 AM

10,054 posts, read 14,422,738 times
I saw that article today, from Friday in the Times.

I knew if NYC kept growing, and the economy was consistently good, the South Bronx by the water would eventually start to boom and grow, similar to growth in Long Island City, Greenpoint, and Williamsburg.

Granted, this growth is going to be a lot less of a "boom" overall, I *think*, than those 3 neighborhoods, but you never know.

It's been a long time coming and the demand seems to be there. Good stuff! Love to see it.

Also, this area will be PRIMED to get a Trader Joe's. I bet one lands here in the next couple of years.

Old 10-17-2021, 11:55 AM

2,314 posts, read 1,149,719 times
This lovely development will be a test of the progressive theory that the upper-middle class and the welfare class can live in close proximity to one another. I hate to break this to the developers but that theory has been disproved in NYC over and over again since 1960. Many of the nearby South Bronx residents will look at this development and it's more well-off tenants as robbery and burglary targets.

Quote:
Live at Bankside and find yourself moments from everything the South Bronx has to offer.

LOL! Yeah, right. Among the highest crime rates in the city, housing projects, etc.

Quote:
Valet, on-site parking, and EV charging stations. Forget street-side parking and street sweepers. With convenient valet as well as on-site parking and EV charging stations, Third at Bankside has you covered.

Now this makes sense for the South Bronx. But how many spaces in total will be provided? Even though it's near the subway many of the residents will own cars. So better to park on-site than on the street where junkies will steal your tires.

https://www.thirdbankside.com/

Old 10-17-2021, 01:50 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,879,032 times
I love it

here go, bx come

Old 10-17-2021, 04:05 PM

Downtown Brooklyn and Long Island City = competing with Charlotte, Houston, Dallas, Pittsburgh skyline

South Bronx = competing with Providence, Hartford skyline

Old 10-17-2021, 04:18 PM

2,314 posts, read 1,149,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I saw that article today, from Friday in the Times.

I knew if NYC kept growing, and the economy was consistently good, the South Bronx by the water would eventually start to boom and grow, similar to growth in Long Island City, Greenpoint, and Williamsburg.

Granted, this growth is going to be a lot less of a "boom" overall, I *think*, than those 3 neighborhoods, but you never know.

It's been a long time coming and the demand seems to be there. Good stuff! Love to see it.

Also, this area will be PRIMED to get a Trader Joe's. I bet one lands here in the next couple of years.

The South Bronx needs a large Stop-N-Shop or ShopRite first, but those chains stay away from high-crime, high-theft areas.

Old 10-17-2021, 04:40 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,834,833 times
The Bronx is the poorest borough in the City. Income hovering around $35,000.
The Bronx is riddled with housing projects. I know 7 that come to mind.
100 developments with about 45,000 low income apartments.
The Bronx is the poorest district in the nation.
The Bronx was and still might be the Covid Capital of New York City.

Dang....................Since people are buying into anything
I cleaned up an old toilet sitting in my basement and I'm going to sell it as the worlds largest Faberage Egg.
Any takers?.......................................( Sarcasm )

Old 10-17-2021, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
The South Bronx needs a large Stop-N-Shop or ShopRite first, but those chains stay away from high-crime, high-theft areas.
There one in Flatbush, Brooklyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City