Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 08:20 PM

216 posts, read 67,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtyfygiu View Post
Stop with the respectability politics. Black folks deserve reparations. We deserve love. Compassion. More benefits and help. Not attacks from another minority on why they work harder than us. It's pathetic and feeds into white supremacy
Why do you deserve reparations? Every single racial and ethnic group suffered hardships at some point in history. The only difference is their descendants realize that their future is determined by the choices they make in their own life and not by something that happened to some ancestor they never even heard of hundreds of years ago.

Old 02-16-2022, 08:24 PM

226 posts, read 133,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Philosopher View Post
Why do you deserve reparations? Every single racial and ethnic group suffered hardships at some point in history. The only difference is their descendants realize that their future is determined by the choices they make in their own life and not by something that happened to some ancestor they never even heard of hundreds of years ago.

The holocaust survivors got reparations...japenese got reparations...indians got reparations...but the black race who suffered 400 years (and to this day) of oppression and slavery, we get NOTHING. This is a massive failure on the US government and NYC. Every black descendent of a slave should get $10,000, no questions asked and we can use it as we want. That will lift us out of oppression by the racist white system and we can finally began competing with our peers.

Old 02-16-2022, 08:25 PM

216 posts, read 67,278 times
Quote:
It's crazy how the jews, chinese, and italians all own restaurants and stores and are successful, but blacks are stuck in ghettos with no hope and help from the government. thats literally institutionalized racism. The reasons kids drop out and get into crime is because the government isn't giving us enough jobs, benefits, and help. Without that we will forever be stuck at the bottom. This whole country is racist and is holding us down, if you disagree you are a racist, period.
I totally disagree and I'm not racist at all and blacks are not "stuck in the ghetto" but they are stuck in a mentality that seems to blame everything on racism without any proof whatsoever.

Old 02-16-2022, 08:44 PM

608 posts, read 239,691 times
Quote:
The holocaust survivors got reparations...japenese got reparations...indians got reparations...but the black race who suffered 400 years (and to this day) of oppression and slavery, we get NOTHING. This is a massive failure on the US government and NYC. Every black descendent of a slave should get $10,000, no questions asked and we can use it as we want. That will lift us out of oppression by the racist white system and we can finally began competing with our peers.
When you count all the stuff that Project Dwellers DON'T have to pay for that working people's taxes DO pay for (the overwhelming majority of Project Dwellers being Black Americans) many of them have received far more than $10,000 in a single year.

...but sure, the White sytem is racist, and the Central Americans, South Americans, Africans, and Asians are all in on it...

I should correct myself, most Black Americans are not the problem ...but people like you are. Everybody owes you, whether they were descendants of the Mayflower or not (and most of us weren't).

If you're trolling, good job, you got me.

If not, this next one is worth the free-speech violation (aka infraction);

SHUT. the HELL. UP.

Old 02-16-2022, 08:53 PM

162 posts, read 70,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
Curious...what's the difference you see?
Immigrants who raise their children in the US often hold education to a higher importance than those who have been afforded those privileges for decades living in the US and haven't taken advantage.

As one who was raised within a Indo/Caribbean household growing up, it was rare I could hang out w/ friends in the neighborhood. My Dad would ALWAYS insist on "pick up a book and read". My parents were active w/ PTA functions and attended EVERY parent teacher conference. I remember countless times my Dad would either be the ONLY father at the conference or just one of the few attendees (this was in the 90's). The point was if we are being afforded these opportunities our parents wanted us to be better than them.

When I visit hospitals most of time when the RN's are Black, they have a Caribbean background (often Haitian or Jamaican). Internists/Pediatricians who serve minority communities in boroughs such as Brooklyn/Queens it's more common to find them to be either African, Haitian/Caribbean too. There's an increasing number of Caribbean Attorney's/Law Groups too.

There's also a good percentage of African/Caribbean/Hispanic children who strive to succeed in America to be able to take care of their parents and to "send money home".

Old 02-16-2022, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousMaximum View Post
When you count all the stuff that Project Dwellers DON'T have to pay for that working people's taxes DO pay for (the overwhelming majority of Project Dwellers being Black Americans) many of them have received far more than $10,000 in a single year.

...but sure, the White sytem is racist, and the Central Americans, South Americans, Africans, and Asians are all in on it...

I should correct myself, most Black Americans are not the problem ...but people like you are. Everybody owes you, whether they were descendants of the Mayflower or not (and most of us weren't).

If you're trolling, good job, you got me.

If not, this next one is worth the free-speech violation (aka infraction);

SHUT. the HELL. UP.

this forum leans far right-wing and supports dictators like donald trump and Desantis so I know someone with my views will be seen as "trolling" or "stupid"

Subsidized housing is not reparations. NYCHA living is like the Brazilian favelas. Meanwhile white transplants get to live in nice spacy lofts in Midtown. Our modern day leaders such as Shaun King and Maxine Waters have been stressing this point again and again, the only way we can surpass this racist white country and get out the ghetto is by the government giving us reparations and our land back. Period. Also get the damn gentrifiers out of Harlem, this is our neighborhood, we're sick and tired of transplants displacing us. We were here for hundreds of years. Did you get sick of Hell's Kitchen? Lower East Side? Don't bother us!

There's a reason black unemployment is so high. OPPRESSION, RACISM, NYPD, AND JOBS REFUSING TO HIRE US.

Last edited by dtyfygiu; 02-16-2022 at 09:07 PM..

Old 02-16-2022, 09:05 PM

162 posts, read 70,632 times
Quote:
this forum leans far right-wing and supports dictators like donald trump and Desantis so I know someone with my views will be seen as "trolling" or "stupid"

Guess what, I'm not. Subsidized housing is not reparations. Our modern day leaders such as Shaun King and Maxine Waters have been stressing this point again and again, the only way we can surpass this racist white country and get out the ghetto is by the government giving us reparations and our land back. Period. Also get the damn gentrifiers out of Harlem, this is our neighborhood, we're sick and tired of transplants displacing us. We were here for hundreds of years. Did you get sick of Hell's Kitchen? Lower East Side? Don't bother us!

There's a reason black unemployment is so high. OPPRESSION, RACISM, NYPD, AND JOBS REFUSING TO HIRE US.
Wait! Wait! Wait a darn minute. No! I refuse to believe that all your posts this afternoon weren't satirical.

Old 02-16-2022, 09:05 PM

296 posts, read 246,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoppressedracist View Post
However, I do agree that there's a cultural difference which is shown w/ education/work between African Americans and Blacks who are of African, Caribbean and Hispanic descent.
I have a theory about this. In the past (before the 1910s), pursuing education usually didn't pay off for African Americans in the South. Even with high academic achievement, most likely the person would still not have access to high paying jobs or capital to start a business. High effort, low reward.

Over time, a subculture of anti-education emerged with certain groups of African Americans. Then the Great Migration happened, and some of this subculture spread to cities across the U.S. Obviously, things are much different now and education/skills can pay off big time, but it will probably take many more generations to get rid of this subculture completely.

African/Latino/Caribbeans mostly came over in the post-segregation era, so this anti-education subculture never developed with them.

Old 02-16-2022, 09:07 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,979,818 times
Quote:
Wait! Wait! Wait a darn minute. No! I refuse to believe that all your posts this afternoon weren't satirical.
they certainly Must be,,..lol it's going in a bit too hard.

I didn't enjoy this popcorn for nothing.

Old 02-16-2022, 09:09 PM

Quote:

Someone's opposing opinions is satire? are you serious? Guess i'm suppose to be conservative like everybody else here.

What have YOU done to help the black community? Nothing i bet. This is why we're still suffering and stuck in ghettos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City