Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2022, 06:54 AM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
The answers to your questions come down to one basic premise - people are working to make a living. Is this not better than sitting at home and collecting benefits for doing nothing?

I find your questions to be very condescending - this reads like a person who thinks (s)he is better than these working-class people because they're delivery riders and you're in your silk robe typing on a message board.
It also reads like someone who does not live in NYC and doesn't have a clue about living in NYC but has a lot of opinions about it nevertheless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2022, 07:45 AM

84 posts, read 28,124 times
Just answer the question about stealing of Social Security Numbers. Interesting how the ones who become defensive all graze over the pertinent questions.

They are here illegally. There must be a million of them. They are not “essential” (typical Progressive Liberal word salad of bent and twisted wordsmithing).

Also about not living NYC. Which ones of you are not pissed off about something living here? If you live here and have nobody to be annoyed with, I doubt you would be a healthy person at all. It is my right to be a pissed off New Yorker: you can go ahead being a phony who thinks nothing here pisses them off. You live that way, fine.

About “troll”, isn’t that just what Liberals call anybody that disagrees with them? You lash out and deflect from reality.

Nice how many supporters of illegals we have here. What should really be done is for the city and state to heavily reduce My taxes being deducted for paying for all these illegals freebies, and Increase your taxes because you support them. If you think millions and millions of illegals are just part of the norm in NYC then you pay for their crimes. Not me.

Old 02-18-2022, 08:18 AM

84 posts, read 28,124 times
Which neighborhoods have the most of these bike deliveries being performed? Which neighborhoods have the least?

Have there ever been news reports about these bike delivery riders committing crimes? If you think about it, these bike delivery workers can do some serious damage.

Do the bike delivery riders wear masks when delivering food? I know they wear masks while riding to cover up their identity. (Interesting) (Masks are a convenient way to cover their identity)

Yeah you don’t hear the riders complaining about money. They probably make $25 per hour minimum which is more than most legal citizens make doing basic jobs in the city. (Isn’t that nice. Reminisce of all the construction jobs they steal).

Why is the delivery rider population in NYC 100% illegal workers? Why aren’t there Americans doing that work?

Old 02-19-2022, 11:39 PM

1,052 posts, read 451,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
The answers to your questions come down to one basic premise - people are working to make a living. Is this not better than sitting at home and collecting benefits for doing nothing?

I find your questions to be very condescending - this reads like a person who thinks (s)he is better than these working-class people because they're delivery riders and you're in your silk robe typing on a message board.
It's not condescending to worry about an influx of (mostly) illegal immigrants flooding the city, not paying attention to traffic lights, causing mayhem and as alluded to here, potentially stealing SSNs to be hired by these companies like UberEats.

They are most likely working UberEats AND claiming welfare benefits as "low income" people despite, most of them, almost certainly being illegal aliens with 0 right to be here.

People functioned just fine before the days of UberEats so if they all suddenly were deported tomorrow, society would function just fine.

Last edited by minnomaboidenapolis; 02-19-2022 at 11:57 PM..

Old 02-19-2022, 11:48 PM

1,052 posts, read 451,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LES-Adrian View Post
Which neighborhoods have the most of these bike deliveries being performed? Which neighborhoods have the least?

Have there ever been news reports about these bike delivery riders committing crimes? If you think about it, these bike delivery workers can do some serious damage.

Do the bike delivery riders wear masks when delivering food? I know they wear masks while riding to cover up their identity. (Interesting) (Masks are a convenient way to cover their identity)

Yeah you don’t hear the riders complaining about money. They probably make $25 per hour minimum which is more than most legal citizens make doing basic jobs in the city. (Isn’t that nice. Reminisce of all the construction jobs they steal).

Why is the delivery rider population in NYC 100% illegal workers? Why aren’t there Americans doing that work?
Thanks for making this thread, I was going to make one too because I, for one, am baffled at how all of a sudden these delivery drivers just showed up, literally like a SWARM of locusts. There 100% were not this many even 3-4 years ago.

They are, in my opinion, a nuisance and a safety HAZARD - they do NOT abide by the traffic rules. It's gotten so bad I have to watch out for them when I have a "Walk" sign as a pedestrian because these illegals can't seem to comprehend they MUST stop when they have a red light. Some of them are so brazen, they just zoom along on sidewalks which angers me to the point where I'll intentionally slow down sometimes to block their way and send a signal to them to GTFO the sidewalk.

I also would not trust a single one of them delivering my food. There have 100% been instances where they tamper with people's food and/or eat some of it. We don't know where they're from, what infectious diseases they're riddled with and so on. Talk about a health hazard!

Why do they ALL look the same? As in, definitely shorter than 5'4", chubby/obese, always wearing a mask to hide their face.

And the biggest question of them all - just how many are there? On a typical weekday around lunch hour in midtown, I will easily spot 20-30 zooming by per minute. I find it hard to believe people in NYC are ordering this much more takeout compared to, say, 2016. I'd say there are at least 100-200K of them in NYC alone. It's a mystery who they are, how they got here, etc.

Old 02-20-2022, 09:04 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
One almost hit me yesterday, missing me by inches. It came from behind without making a sound ON THE SIDEWALK on Third Avenue.
Had I stepped 4 inches to my left I'd have been toast.

Old 02-20-2022, 09:19 AM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LES-Adrian View Post
Just answer the question about stealing of Social Security Numbers. Interesting how the ones who become defensive all graze over the pertinent questions.

They are here illegally. There must be a million of them. They are not “essential” (typical Progressive Liberal word salad of bent and twisted wordsmithing).

Also about not living NYC. Which ones of you are not pissed off about something living here? If you live here and have nobody to be annoyed with, I doubt you would be a healthy person at all. It is my right to be a pissed off New Yorker: you can go ahead being a phony who thinks nothing here pisses them off. You live that way, fine.

About “troll”, isn’t that just what Liberals call anybody that disagrees with them? You lash out and deflect from reality.

Nice how many supporters of illegals we have here. What should really be done is for the city and state to heavily reduce My taxes being deducted for paying for all these illegals freebies, and Increase your taxes because you support them. If you think millions and millions of illegals are just part of the norm in NYC then you pay for their crimes. Not me.
You really think people are stealing SSNs to get jobs? And you think they're paying taxes on stolen SSNs? You clearly did not think this one through. Are you familiar with the concept of "off the books?" If business owners did not pay people off the books then there would be no incentive to take an "off the books" job, because the "off the books" jobs would not exist.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-20-2022, 10:00 AM

3 posts, read 738 times
I think more truthful information is needed about the delivery apps. They are clearly devised to hide what they are doing which is criminal to allow the illegals to work here.

There are actual depots for some of their delivery bikes. Like the pods full of bikes so the illegal workers just show up and get a bike to be deployed to deliver. It is a massive illegal business. It is not just sign up, find a bike and a phone and start making money. It is a whole industry that everyone completely ignores. Why? Why on earth is everyone so cluelessly accepting of the illegal workers?

They must advertise in other countries to say just make it to Manhattan and we will do the rest. It is not a cottage industry. My guess is drug cartels operate the industry.

The illegal delivery riders do not talk to legal citizens. Ever notice that? Most of them know a few words in English but they will not even communicate in Spanish either. Ever notice that? I think they received instructions somewhere to not communicate with legal citizens. Seriously.

They had to of received training to not communicate with legal Americans because think of it: it’s a sanctuary city on steroids: nobody is deporting them! Yet they still mask their faces and do not talk with anyone except other illegals.

There are also plenty of New Yorkers that are oblivious about how many resources the illegal people are eligible for. They get way more then many realize. They get Way Way more than a lot of New Yorkers even realize.

It is not just Latinos there are also brigades of African bike delivery riders. There are more and more Chinese ones also showing up. There must be strong advertising campaigns in other countries that we are unaware of. It is not just a word of mouth delivery job service.

I have signed up with a delivery app before and they do require a SSN. The apps are not under the table. The apps require stolen SSN’s. They require identifying information. Payment. Addresses. Yet it is all designed to give them loopholes.

How do these people learn of the loopholes? Somebody is instructing them somehow. I would like to know the details of the loopholes. Somebody gave them instructions for how to buck the system. It is not common knowledge for someone who is probably illiterate and or does not even read English to navigate their way to the point of being a rider.

It is just damn weird that masses of people, so many New Yorkers, just completely tune out all of these illegal bike delivery riders. You honestly think they are healthy for your economic growth? You honestly think these bike riders pose no threat to your jobs?

You honestly think these illegal riders only want to steal delivery jobs? No way Jose, they want to steal your jobs, and your children’s jobs.

You honestly think that New York City is not catering to the needs of the illiterate illegal workers? I’ve got news for you, the city is providing them so much you would be amazed.

The illegal workers provide nothing but loss towards the future of Americans. They are stealing from you, laughing in your faces, collecting tons and tons of freebies. More than you can even imagine.

The illegal riders are probably making more money than a lot of legal citizens of NYC that work legit jobs. Ever notice how none of the illegal riders complain about not having any money? Ever notice that?

The illegal workers are complete poison to legal citizens. Poison.

Old 02-20-2022, 10:10 AM

202 posts, read 96,512 times
nothing to see here guys, just a bunch of dudes that can't believe there are a lot of mexicans that are actually legal and can come up with a ssn to deliver for ubereats. their minds are absolutely blown.

Old 02-20-2022, 10:41 AM

3 posts, read 738 times
Then there is that disgusting rebuttal/canned Liberal excuse about illegal people stealing jobs saying “They are just trying to survive like everyone else”.

No thanks. They are stealing from legal citizens. Remember that.

Illegal workers are poisonous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: