Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2022, 12:02 PM

621 posts, read 241,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
It's not condescending to worry about an influx of (mostly) illegal immigrants flooding the city, not paying attention to traffic lights, causing mayhem and as alluded to here, potentially stealing SSNs to be hired by these companies like UberEats.

They are most likely working UberEats AND claiming welfare benefits as "low income" people despite, most of them, almost certainly being illegal aliens with 0 right to be here.

People functioned just fine before the days of UberEats so if they all suddenly were deported tomorrow, society would function just fine.

What hard evidence do you have that most people riding bicycles are illegal? To assume that a brown person riding a bike is illegal IS condescending. There are brown people in this country that are citizens, green card holders, or have working papers.

And if you're illegal, you cannot claim welfare benefits. If I'm wrong, point me to the legislation that says otherwise.

"Society would function just fine if "they" were deported tomorrow?" -- Funny! My stock portfolio would beg to differ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2022, 12:31 PM

1,052 posts, read 453,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
What hard evidence do you have that most people riding bicycles are illegal? To assume that a brown person riding a bike is illegal IS condescending. There are brown people in this country that are citizens, green card holders, or have working papers.

And if you're illegal, you cannot claim welfare benefits. If I'm wrong, point me to the legislation that says otherwise.

"Society would function just fine if "they" were deported tomorrow?" -- Funny! My stock portfolio would beg to differ.
There is evidence that they are illegal because: WHERE did the massive number of them come from, almost overnight, somewhere right around the time Joe Biden took office? It almost perfectly coincided with the democrat's beloved porous, open border. You think all those 2 million+ border crossers of 2021 all stayed in Texas and Arizona? LOL gimme a break, they spread all around the country including here, because they know NYC coddles illegals by giving them lots of benefits plus its a sanctuary city in a de facto sanctuary state.

It is 100% a fact that illegals get assistance in the sanctuary paradise of NY. AOC herself bragged recently about how she ensured "undocumented" people got stimulus checks. Seriously, go look it up. For a while now in NYC illegals have been enrolling in medicaid, receiving section 8, etc. Even sending their kids to public school (using your tax dollars) is an example of illegals receiving services they are not legally entitled to.

The whole "illegals can't get welfare" line is just meant to keep people ignorant about the reality that illegals are stealing from taxpayers and bloating the system all while the Democratic Party claps on and encourages it in the name of wokeness and "antiracism" and other BS.

Old 02-20-2022, 12:50 PM

529 posts, read 712,878 times
I've wondered the same thing about Uber drivers . What were all these people doing before Uber and how come you never noticed them?

However, I doubt delivery folks are going away. Their numbers multiplied due to covid paranoia. Even with restrictions being lifted people still order everything through them.

Old 02-20-2022, 12:52 PM

1,052 posts, read 453,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LES-Adrian View Post
One time I was at a cafe in Manhattan sitting in a somewhat luxurious cafe by my measure. Sipping a nice warm beverage with friends. Out comes a delivery driver out of the bathroom, wearing his delivery backpack out of the restroom. Later I went in there and it stunk so awful from the dump the delivery guy took. Sort of doubt he washed hands for some reason.

Also the water bottles filled with pee strewn about the city are likely from them because since the pandemic there are less bathrooms to use. And restaurants probably do not want them going to town in there stinking it up....

I’ve heard of some people getting their food and later thinking that some items were opened and eaten by the delivery person.

I can’t say they have done many bad things to me but it is highly unusual that this is the norm and nobody talks about them. The other day, normal time of day not rush hour or anything, I counted 53 of them zipping by in 1 minute. I filmed it, counting them. Troops of them. They are absolutely everywhere....
The other big risk posed by untold millions of illegals entering a country: health hazards. For people so concerned about COVID and public health all of a sudden, the woke sure seem to turn a blind eye to all the infections these illegals are bringing in. Most of these people come from countries where the concept of hand washing or other sanitary measures in non-existent.

I highly, highly doubt anyone is checking these delivery drivers for parasites, hepatitis, and other nasty foodborne pathogens. And to think They are touching people's food packaging which people open and then touch food with their bare hands. I shudder how unhygienic the whole concept is, and it's honestly one of the reasons why I don't eat out much or order food anymore.

In many countries in continental Europe, ANYONE who works in the food industry, from line cook to delivery driver MUST get checked for hepatitis, parasites and shigella. I feel much safer eating there than I do here where illegal aliens are shuffled in and allowed to come in contact with the food we eat.

Why people are not more outraged by this is baffling to me.

Old 02-20-2022, 04:00 PM

621 posts, read 241,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
There is evidence that they are illegal because: WHERE did the massive number of them come from, almost overnight, somewhere right around the time Joe Biden took office? It almost perfectly coincided with the democrat's beloved porous, open border. You think all those 2 million+ border crossers of 2021 all stayed in Texas and Arizona? LOL gimme a break, they spread all around the country including here, because they know NYC coddles illegals by giving them lots of benefits plus its a sanctuary city in a de facto sanctuary state.

It is 100% a fact that illegals get assistance in the sanctuary paradise of NY. AOC herself bragged recently about how she ensured "undocumented" people got stimulus checks. Seriously, go look it up. For a while now in NYC illegals have been enrolling in medicaid, receiving section 8, etc. Even sending their kids to public school (using your tax dollars) is an example of illegals receiving services they are not legally entitled to.

The whole "illegals can't get welfare" line is just meant to keep people ignorant about the reality that illegals are stealing from taxpayers and bloating the system all while the Democratic Party claps on and encourages it in the name of wokeness and "antiracism" and other BS.

You can type your opinions all day. Unless you have data to support your uninformed opinion, that's all you have - an uninformed opinion. I lived in Texas for 5 years - they don't need to leave Texas to come up to cold, dirty NYC - plenty more construction, food service, hotel, and year-round landscaping jobs in the Lone Star state.

And illegals CANNOT get welfare. If you have proof to the contrary, let's see it.

Old 02-20-2022, 04:40 PM

162 posts, read 70,632 times
When the government IS providing benefits. Here's a possible breakdown.

Within a household there is one/two documented workers. The women who are illegal will have children as that would make those children eligible for benefits (SNAP/TANF/Medicaid/Rental Stipend) with approx. 3-4 other undocumented relatives living there.

Let's assume there's three children, that household will receive $1200 worth of food benefits and cash per month.

I believe in 2020/2021 (some are still waiting to receive in 2022) - the government gave PEBT to families with children in public school. Some people received thousands extra (not including their regular SNAP benefits). I remember seeing people show their $5,000/$7,000 SNAP balance for two children as if that was something to brag about. (Yes, I was jealous, lol)

There are certain stores in predominately immigrant neighborhoods that allows you to sell SNAP for cash. A fake total will be calculated, the customer pays that total with their SNAP card and receives 1/2 back in cash.

Often times their rent is covered through vouchers (eligible children) or WAY under market rate. There are also specific state funded programs targeted to help undocumented Asian, Caribbean, Hispanic/Latino communities.

Yes, some steal social security numbers in order to work. Depending on how low entry level it is - a lot of pre-employment checks/steps are often skipped. Which answers the next question. What happens to all that income within the household? The ability to purchase those said electric bikes, etc. - and SAVE in order to help other relatives come to the US and repeat OR actually become model LEGAL citizens.

In regards to Uber Eats what I've seen is that a citizen/documented worker will do the application process and once approved they will allow their relative to use their account to make deliveries. Uber doesn't know which drivers are doing this - unless it's reported in the app. There is a specific section to report drivers who allow others to utilize their app. However, most people don't report and often don't pay attention to who hands them their food and are just satisfied it's been delivered.

With Uber Eats alone, I know drivers currently who are making $750 a week. Then there's also Door Dash, Instacart and Amazon Fresh.

Old 02-20-2022, 06:15 PM

12,791 posts, read 8,298,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
I get almost everything delivered now either through Amazon or local bike deliveries. Can't remember when I was last actually in a store shopping for anything.
Amazon is setting up warehouses everywhere so they can gobble up sales of everything and deliver it to your door.
More and more people I know are even buying cars and having them delivered. There are more and more ghost restaurants where there is no actual restaurant.... meals prepared in a warehouse kitchen and delivered to your door.
I think in another 10 years everyone will be getting everything delivered and most stores will be gone.
There will probably still be real restaurants so people can have that indoor dining experience but they will be so expensive most people won't be able to afford them with any regularity and you will have to make reservations months in advance.
You mean you don't shop anymore in Beautiful Pelham Parkway?

Old 02-20-2022, 11:08 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,301,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LES-Adrian View Post
The bike delivery riders are simply everywhere. Some days it feels like there are more of these bike delivery workers then any other occupation in the city. Yet nobody says anything about it. Plus, the bike delivery workers never talk or look at me, and I would never order their services either....

About how many bike delivery riders are operating in NYC? Your guess is as good as mine.

What percentage of them have no legal right to be working here? Unless ICE sets up shop and scans them for their illegal chip as they wizz by, who knows. How many legals are willing to ride through hail, snow heat and flood waters to deliver food in the hood?

Do all of them steal Social Security Numbers to ride or are there other loopholes? You can buy social security online. Many citizens do this also. See all those credit card scammers and PPE loan scammers. Stealing SS#s is not exclusive to the undocumented.

How come the delivery apps are never investigated or held accountable? Why would they? How come Craigslist, Backpage, Instagram etc are not investigated for aiding, abetting and willfully looking away while prostitution and human trafficking thrives on their platform? That is worse than food delivery apps.

Do you actually use these deliveries? Why not just walk to the restaurant instead? I have never used these delivery apps, EVEN though I get 25 Uber Credit every month from my credit card. I like to touch and see the menu, see who works in the restaurant. If I can get a glimps at the kitchen staff even better.

What are their average wages and tips? I don't know. Tips and wages vary. They aren't unionized. Sometimes they get no tips. Sometimes their tips gets stolen. I don't know It doesn't seem like a great gig.

Why are they All illegal people and you never see legal citizens doing deliveries? How do you know this? Do you know this for a fact? Are you saying they are illegal because they prefer to work gig economy jobs? One actually does better working 'off the books'. You can collect full welfare benefits this way. Cycling around is also a good way to stay in shape.

What would happen if all the sudden the city had none of these delivery riders? Nothing. Not too long ago restaurants delivered their own food or people went and picked it up. The world kept on spinning. It would be good not to have these delivery drivers. It makes it too easy to order food and people are getting fatter. Plus food delivery cost twice as much as going to pick up.

Are there advertisements in their home countries saying you can live here and just do deliveries? Sometimes. This is not exclusive to the delivery guys. Go talk to the young people in the Irish Bars and Italian restaurants. Many come, especially in the summer months as a result of ads in their home countries.
Even prostitutes are recruited from overseas now to do "American tours" . The johns make more money and many Eastern European Girls are not as prudish about that kind of stuff.

How do they afford the electric bikes? You can rent anything these days. I heard that even the gang bangers rent their guns by the day (job), week, month.

What other jobs are they taking? Immigrants are taking many jobs. Don't get too upset about the lowly delivery guys. Keep your eyes on all those specialized knowledge immigrants who come on work visas and take good paying middle and upper middle class jobs. NOW THAT IS WHAT ALL AMERICANS SHOULD BE UPSET ABOUT.

Why are landlords renting to people with these jobs if they know all of them steal SSN’s?
Many landlords don't run background checks or ask for SSN. Many landlords actually prefer to rent to these kind of workers/immigrants. They actually pay their rent on time, are more respectful and more mature than natives/Citizens/Legal residents. Once the legals find out about their 'rights' they are often a nightmare to deal with and many barely pay their rent on time/if at all.

Lots of questions nobody ever thinks to ask and there must be 1,000,000 bike delivery riders out here....

I can't believe I actually wasted valuable time answering such a long survey for free. Next time throw in a gift card or something!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2022, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by les-adrian View Post
one time i was at a cafe in manhattan sitting in a somewhat luxurious cafe by my measure. Sipping a nice warm beverage with friends. Out comes a delivery driver out of the bathroom, wearing his delivery backpack out of the restroom. Later i went in there and it stunk so awful from the dump the delivery guy took. Sort of doubt he washed hands for some reason.

Also the water bottles filled with pee strewn about the city are likely from them because since the pandemic there are less bathrooms to use. And restaurants probably do not want them going to town in there stinking it up....

I’ve heard of some people getting their food and later thinking that some items were opened and eaten by the delivery person.

I can’t say they have done many bad things to me but it is highly unusual that this is the norm and nobody talks about them. The other day, normal time of day not rush hour or anything, i counted 53 of them zipping by in 1 minute. I filmed it, counting them. Troops of them. They are absolutely everywhere....
yuck!!!

Old 02-20-2022, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post

Apparently you can technically claim welfare benefits if you have an anchor baby. The baby/minor can't take care of itself. So the parents can apply for benefits for the child from which they all partake. Eg food stamps, section 8, NYCHA apartments, CityFheps. ETC. I have seen this all with my own eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: