Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2022, 11:19 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,299,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
The other big risk posed by untold millions of illegals entering a country: health hazards. For people so concerned about COVID and public health all of a sudden, the woke sure seem to turn a blind eye to all the infections these illegals are bringing in. Most of these people come from countries where the concept of hand washing or other sanitary measures in non-existent.

I highly, highly doubt anyone is checking these delivery drivers for parasites, hepatitis, and other nasty foodborne pathogens. And to think They are touching people's food packaging which people open and then touch food with their bare hands. I shudder how unhygienic the whole concept is, and it's honestly one of the reasons why I don't eat out much or order food anymore.

In many countries in continental Europe, ANYONE who works in the food industry, from line cook to delivery driver MUST get checked for hepatitis, parasites and shigella. I feel much safer eating there than I do here where illegal aliens are shuffled in and allowed to come in contact with the food we eat.

Why people are not more outraged by this is baffling to me.
What people put in their own body is their business in America. So if a person decides to use a delivery driver to deliver their food they are doing so off their own free will. They decided to take the risk.
I don't eat from food carts. I don't use delivery drivers. I don't eat pot luck food at work. Others happily indulge in all three. That is their choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2022, 05:19 AM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
You mean you don't shop anymore in Beautiful Pelham Parkway?
Not so much since retirement. Bought a house in Ct so not in The bx full time any more. Maybe only 1/2 the time.

Old 02-22-2022, 07:12 AM

621 posts, read 240,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
Apparently you can technically claim welfare benefits if you have an anchor baby. The baby/minor can't take care of itself. So the parents can apply for benefits for the child from which they all partake. Eg food stamps, section 8, NYCHA apartments, CityFheps. ETC. I have seen this all with my own eyes.

You saw it with your own eyes, huh? A quick DuckDuckGo search for NYS TANF eligibility shows the following:

Who can get TANF

If you are looking to apply for the New York TANF program, then you will need to meet certain requirements. To qualify for TANF you will need to have low income, be either a US citizen, have a green card, or be an American Indian born outside the US. You also will need to be either pregnant with no other children in the house, or have children under the age of 18 with the parents still living together.

https://www.tanfbenefits.com/tanf-new-york

Let's put the lie to rest now, please.

And in the spirit of helping to improve your vision...

Old 02-22-2022, 07:17 AM

2,328 posts, read 1,026,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
There is evidence that they are illegal because: WHERE did the massive number of them come from, almost overnight, somewhere right around the time Joe Biden took office? It almost perfectly coincided with the democrat's beloved porous, open border. You think all those 2 million+ border crossers of 2021 all stayed in Texas and Arizona? LOL gimme a break, they spread all around the country including here, because they know NYC coddles illegals by giving them lots of benefits plus its a sanctuary city in a de facto sanctuary state.

It is 100% a fact that illegals get assistance in the sanctuary paradise of NY. AOC herself bragged recently about how she ensured "undocumented" people got stimulus checks. Seriously, go look it up. For a while now in NYC illegals have been enrolling in medicaid, receiving section 8, etc. Even sending their kids to public school (using your tax dollars) is an example of illegals receiving services they are not legally entitled to.

The whole "illegals can't get welfare" line is just meant to keep people ignorant about the reality that illegals are stealing from taxpayers and bloating the system all while the Democratic Party claps on and encourages it in the name of wokeness and "antiracism" and other BS.
They didn't arrive overnight. As I said in an earlier post, they are likely laid off restaurant workers. The restaurant industry is NOTORIOUS for using illegal immigrant labor. This includes all nationalities - including Africans, Asians, and Eastern Europeans - although the predominant one is Mexican. Look at all the busboys, cooks, and other back of house staff. Even though they are most likely here illegally, there is no denying that they work very hard for their money. The pandemic shut down a LOT of restaurants and the ones that survived are corporate fast food chains like Chipotle and Starbucks which most likely have more stringent hiring rules like using E-Verify to check your citizenship status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: