Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2023, 10:09 PM

15,841 posts, read 14,472,390 times

Advertisements

You obviously don't have a lot of experience in housing court in NYC. It is VERY tenant friendly. Even in clear cut lease violation, the court will either give the tenant a chance to cure the violation, and/or give them a very long time (think six months or more) to vacate.

Similarly, the cops are trained to back the tenant in the vast majority of situations where they walk into LL/Tenant disputes. They always treat the underlying issue as a civil matter that needs to be handled in housing court. If the LL tries to force the tenant out without a housing court eviction, they'll threaten to arrest the LL if they don't stop trying to force out the tenant.

This is all a very well know situation that has existed for decades. There are vastly more tenants voting than landlords, and the political layer knows this. It's only gotten worse since the Democritters completed their takeover of the state legislature. So when you say the cops chased her out for you, we're really skeptical

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthtrout View Post
Good luck with that. They broke the lease pure and simple. My lawyers are ready for them and the way they trashed the place. I can countersuit for the way they left the place but I rather move on and rent it to the next tenant.

Old 07-06-2023, 10:15 PM

22 posts, read 7,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
You obviously don't have a lot of experience in housing court in NYC. It is VERY tenant friendly. Even in clear cut lease violation, the court will either give the tenant a chance to cure the violation, and/or give them a very long time (think six months or more) to vacate.

Similarly, the cops are trained to back the tenant in the vast majority of situations where they walk into LL/Tenant disputes. They always treat the underlying issue as a civil matter that needs to be handled in housing court. If the LL tries to force the tenant out without a housing court eviction, they'll threaten to arrest the LL if they don't stop trying to force out the tenant.

This is all a very well know situation that has existed for decades. There are vastly more tenants voting than landlords, and the political layer knows this. It's only gotten worse since the Democritters completed their takeover of the state legislature. So when you say the cops chased her out for you, we're really skeptical
The cops found all sorts of drug and drug paraphernalia. The cops asked me what I want done, and I said kick them out. They only said they needed to take whatever they can carry away and agreed to later pick up remainder of their stuff on a later date which the cops supervised to make sure they don't wreck the place.

If NYC was so Tenant friendly, rent prices would be cheap as dirt and we all know NYC rent is high for legitimate reason.

Old 07-06-2023, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
It doesn't matter that's not how things work in NYC. Get ten lawyers and they can still make your life hell.
They don't own the property, so I have no obligation to them after they violated a lease agreement. This all happened a month ago, and I have not heard a peep from them

Old 07-06-2023, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Young American Women these days are extremely masculine and delusional. I didn't know they had Fascists in India BTW. Is that what they learned at NYU?

Sand N---- is an old term, their ignorant mother probably taught them that before sending them off to live in a diverse city they have no business living in

Why can't these entitled spoiled brats just stay where they are instead of coming here and trying to flaunt the rules.
I heard white women can be more racist especially younger ones compared to white men and probably they saw I am Indian, and thought I was weak and won't do anything, but they know nothing about Indian history. White women I believe grew up in NYC and NJ area tend to understand things a bit better on diversity versus white women that come from other parts of the country. That is my guess.

As for the smell, I believe it smelled more like pot. But my lease agreement also states no vaping or e-cig either. I couldn't tolerate it and I want to have good relation with my neighbors rather than let these two bimbos stay there.

Old 07-06-2023, 11:58 PM

313 posts, read 212,489 times
Quote:
I heard white women can be more racist especially younger ones compared to white men and probably they saw I am Indian, and thought I was weak and won't do anything, but they know nothing about Indian history. White women I believe grew up in NYC and NJ area tend to understand things a bit better on diversity versus white women that come from other parts of the country. That is my guess.

As for the smell, I believe it smelled more like pot. But my lease agreement also states no vaping or e-cig either. I couldn't tolerate it and I want to have good relation with my neighbors rather than let these two bimbos stay there.
They were probably from Ohio or Idaho

Old 07-07-2023, 12:18 AM

1,422 posts, read 724,856 times
Yeah I'm sure the NYPD said "You did the right thing" after you went Mortal Kombat on those girls.

Old 07-07-2023, 01:24 AM

787 posts, read 485,645 times
Quote:
So I own different properties that I rent out in Queens and Brooklyn. I been doing this for the last five years and had no issue until now. One of my rules is no smoking of any kind in the units. No exceptions and it is an automatic termination and you don't get your security deposit. If caught, you are thrown out of the premises immediately.

I rented to two white girls in their 20s a two bedroom apartment in Williamsburg. One works fashion other works marketing. Anyway, I received a complaint from a neighbor in the building of smell coming from their unit and then I asked them about this. They were like "I promise we don't smoke or do any drugs". So I went there since it is my right to investigate a complaint, and the room smelled like pot and cigarettes. It has that awful smell like ****, I puked.

I waited for them to return and when they did, I told they been evicted and they have a couple hours to clear out. They refused saying they got the right to stay and I told them they breached the contract. Then they called me a fascist and then told me to "go back to India sand ******". So when one tried to punch me, I blocked it and punched her and kicked her in the rib, then the other girl freaked out and ran. I called the cops and they said I did the right thing. Cops said they can collect their stuff, and will be there to supervise so they don't cause anymore problems.

So either way, I have no idea what the hell is going on with young women in this city. You sign a contract, then don't f--k around.
Maybe you should instead just rent to a couple of nice young black women and see how that works for ya! I'm sure their boyfriends and the entourage that accompanies them will be fine upstanding citizens.

Old 07-07-2023, 01:57 AM

106,654 posts, read 108,790,719 times
Quote:
They already are kicked out and I had the locks changed. I also told the cops they are not allowed anywhere near my building and the cop said if they come nearby they can be arrested.

I have to pay money to get the place cleaned up so it can be rented out and now I may have to get private company to do background checks to make sure no drug addicts submit an application.
the cops are wrong ,it is you who broke the law by changing the locks ..,you cannot do that. they can sue you for illegal eviction.

that is if i even believe this ridiculous story

Old 07-07-2023, 01:59 AM

106,654 posts, read 108,790,719 times
Quote:
They don't own the property, so I have no obligation to them after they violated a lease agreement. This all happened a month ago, and I have not heard a peep from them
you are lucky ..they could have created a lot of legal grief for you.

to bad they didn’t , just because if this story is true you can’t do what you did

Old 07-07-2023, 05:02 AM

1,912 posts, read 738,285 times
This is a case of wishful drinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City