Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 07:43 AM

6,828 posts, read 4,280,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Ryback View Post
This is an interesting case study. Over the past several years, due to lax (or evil, pick one) DAs and bail reform, crime has gotten out of hand and so many have been terrorized or killed every day. You can look at things at the racial angle, but I'm not going to go there.

Here we now have a victim, Jonathan Diller, who just started his career in the NPYD, making no more than 55K a year (look it up) and was killed in a violent way. My heart breaks for his family as I have a son of similar age and I'm not too much older than Diller.

His home town school district, Massapequa, is cancelling school for the day. by the time celebrity donations, go-fund me's, his life insurance, and other charities make their mark, his family will likely end up with millions, not to mention his mortgage will be paid off as well. Plan on being stuck in traffic if you plan to cross through eastern Nassau over the next few days.

Would the average working stiff who has to commute via subway, unarmed, get that same level of charity? No, it wouldn't even be in the news for more than a day (probably not even at all if the races were a certain way). Maybe that same stiff has a decent life insurance but no major national police community to support that person or their zealots that fly that thin blue line flag.

I'm sure I'll get flack from both the woke, lefty mob as well as the back the blue boomers, but I just wanted to point out the overall community reaction to this case vs other cases in NYC.

You're correct that there's gonna be more of an outcry about killed cops and that is because they serve the public. Cops by virtue of their role need to interact with scumbags every day. When you talk about the FD, people always say "they run in when everyone else runs out" and it's similar with the cops.

You and I wouldn't go up to some thug to do a search, but someone's gotta deal with those punks. If we just leave the criminals alone, well, they won't leave us alone. Without the cops it's a wild west situation where it's every man for himself. Most of us wanna sleep peacefully in our beds at night and understand that without a strong police force that ain't happening except for the very rich who can basically hire henchmen to protect them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2024, 07:46 AM

19,074 posts, read 14,010,044 times
Because cops are a symbol of society. When one is killed, it was an act against society as a whole. People rant against cops 24/7 until they need one. That’s not a platitude: it’s 100% fact. For 19 years I had to help people who hated me. In some cases, actually involving specific people, not the general “they”.

When a cop is killed, it also brings to the forefront the results of misguided and/or intentionally degenerate policies that NY has encouraged since lock-step one party, universal suffrage-led political control has taken over the state.

When the average murder victim - a minority killed by a minority as the stats 100% reflect - is killed, the “concerned parties” apt for complaint are the exact people who voted for the laws that caused their situation. When a cop is killed, it is a public example for the people who DON’T want these policies to get pissed off, loud, and thankfully generous.

Why?

Because people with means and skin in the game don’t vote for degenerate governmental policies that sow chaos and destruction. People who own homes and cherish neighborhoods vote for strong policing, solid infrastructure, stable communities. People who don’t own homes vote for pie-in-the-sky nonsense that leads to degeneracy, wasteful spending, and laws that encourage lawlessness rather than stability.

This is NYC. The other is most of Long Island. NYC deaths are mostly the former. Cops are mostly from the latter.

It is really quite simple. If the former wants to get the same attention, they need to start acting like that latter.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-28-2024, 09:37 AM

179 posts, read 304,883 times
Unfortunately, cops' hands are tied. What can they do? Arrests mean nothing if career criminals just get out and if cops have to resort to deadly engagement, nobody wants to be the next Chauvin even if it's justified. Well, not even Chauvin resorted to deadly force. We all know George Floyd was dead before he actually died.

Cops have a few options. They can continue to arrest easy targets (working stiffs) for small infractions who will likely pay the fine in full and go through the motions (they have a lot to lose). Go 5mph over the speed limit? That's 500$. You had a metal fork in your backpack? I'm arresting you for it. This all happens while Jamal jumps the turnstile and Paco drives 80 mph down timesquare. It's just going to make this city even worse.

Or the cops can try to revolt against their administration - the DAs, mayor, commissioner - anyone that has some influence or power over how the city is run - just ignore them. Don't arrest men like Daniel Penny.

Old 03-28-2024, 10:56 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,767,808 times
RIP Officer Diller…

Old 03-29-2024, 05:02 PM

18,483 posts, read 31,684,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
LEFTitia is too busy bringing down the really dangerous criminals, like that guy that used to be president.
And Höchul is too busy shooting the remaining toes off of NY’s foot with concocting endless draconian laws.
Clown show. Absolute clown show.
This circus gives not a single F*** about cops.
It’s sickening. But they shower illegal scumbags and other assorted thugs with freebies and privileges.
Whatever.

Sickening, simply sickening for real!!!

Old 03-29-2024, 05:03 PM

1,480 posts, read 768,845 times
Governor heckled as she was leaving according to news12. Then others clapped after she left.

Old 03-29-2024, 07:02 PM

5,857 posts, read 2,977,889 times
Wasn’t the shooter hiding a knife up his ass?

Old 03-29-2024, 07:37 PM

3,284 posts, read 1,707,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
Governor heckled as she was leaving according to news12. Then others clapped after she left.
So far she’s been very low key on real issues such as crime, taxes, business, and NYC economic development. She keeps passing laws that hurt the wealthy such as sexual harassment suits and family bills. I definitely think she’s a bad governor even before she was elected. Too soft on crime and taxes. If she isn’t voted off more wealthy will flea.

Old 03-30-2024, 10:21 AM

19,074 posts, read 14,010,044 times
Nice to hear the family refused to allow “Tish” and smarmy Kathy to speak at the funeral. Good for them. These pieces of utter human trash just want to deflect and make it about themselves.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-30-2024, 10:40 AM

18,483 posts, read 31,684,723 times
I think it is about time that this BS bail reform laws need to be changed, and they need to be changed now.
WTF is all these criminals with so many "priors" still walking about the streets.
I think the judges need to be held accountable for this. If there is a criminal before a judge and they have more than 3 priors, then they need to be held in jail, none of this get out of jail free cards.

How many times have we heard this, over and over and over, that a crime happens and then we hear the criminal had has several "priors"

This is not acceptable, it is simply not acceptable and this needs to be changed.
How many more people must die because of this bail reform law, this has got to be changed.
The city is falling apartment, and our elected officials really need to get off their azzes and fix this crap, its time already.

Now a little baby that is not even a year old will have no memory of his father.
This makes me irate that something like this has happened.

Both these criminals need to be put to the death penalty.

Maybe if our laws were severe there would be less crime, but when we have laws that just give someone a spank on the backside and no candy for the night, they will not learn.

This is not hard, why can't these laws be changed. I for one did not vote for bail reform and I don't know who else did.
I also did not vote to be a sanctury city and don't know anyone else that did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: