Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 08:42 AM

1,590 posts, read 1,671,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I've been in some parts of L.I. that were extremely white and I see what Dedalus is talking about. But to be fair not all of L.I. is like that.

I think it is overrated in that whole bringing up your kids there sense. I don't think bringing up your children in a sheltered, suburbian environment is ideal. A lot of L.I. people are very ignorant. I hate to say it.
Well, it is my own fault that I'm kind of stuck here on what I call Dung Vile-Land. People seem to think I complain a lot about this place because I can't afford it. Not so.

I simply hate it a lot - the suburban narrow mindedness, the idea that a car is a necessity of life, the dreary bigotry. I'm not willing to dump my job and my girlfriend because I hate it a lot...not yet, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2007, 10:42 AM

140 posts, read 606,900 times
I hate LI too, but I think what that post means is 'like-minded' people, which has little if nothing to do with race, shade, ethnicity, nationality, culture, etc, etc. It is an individual choice where one chooses to live for the most part, if one can avoid all the political social engineering, that is; but really, stop the white bashing -- it is truly so sickening. If you are 'bored by being with your own' that is your individual opinion. Please allow others to have their opinion without all this namecalling. There is bad and good is everything and everyone. So much hatred in the world and the breeding of it is revolting. Stop apologizing for being born white. Poverty, stupidity, ignorance, tyranny and prejudice, whereever it exists, are all colorblind,

Old 03-21-2007, 06:52 PM

491 posts, read 830,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
Hmmm. Well, you know what those whites are like. There are some good ones...I'm one of em.

I can hardly wait to escape from Nassau County, their "safe haven." It bores my a-- off. I've never met, anywhere, such a dull, ignorant lot.

Maybe that's why they ran away.
Crazy Mayor running the joint, self certification sheesh I'd run like hell too
The guys a former software developer an writer (right there's proof he HAS TO BE 1/2 crazy) add .....rides the subway& bike to work, has his Condo listed in the phonebook.....
Al Sharpton making lesbian dial a date on Howard Stern
Then take Ray Kelly running the cops

Kelly ran the cops in Boston, the bunch that shut down the whole city down over blue LED cartoons.

Its official, The loonaticks have taken over the asylum.
-Joe

Old 03-22-2007, 02:33 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,671,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opelske View Post
Stop apologizing for being born white.
I never have. Most of what I've posted in this thread is a joke. People out here do seem to have a tough time with the concept.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:37 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,469,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
After a careful inspection of my fingernails, I've concluded that that...um, fellow must be right. I'm one of THEM.

I've decided to change my name to MANDINGO, and join the Crips, or something.
i take offense personally; mandingo would not roll with the crips, he was a hoover.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:34 AM

25,387 posts, read 37,130,658 times
Jesus,
A 4 year lag between posts...whew.

Anyway I see a reverse flight, with minorities and the unemployed being forced out of the City to points West, like Eastern Pennsylvania, going largely Hispanic, the biggest demographic.
Whites seem to moving INTO NYC because that's the only job engine given the moving of all manufacturing offshore.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:36 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,390,620 times
Well the reality is the Hispanic population is exploding in NYC, however the "old guard" Hispanic population (Puerto Ricans) is disbursing to the rest of the country for a variety of reasons. The traditional Black population is leaving as well, but being replaced by caribbean and africans.

Whites are not growing in NYC, they continue to decline.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:08 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,824,000 times
Pointless bump.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:48 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,071,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Well the reality is the Hispanic population is exploding in NYC, however the "old guard" Hispanic population (Puerto Ricans) is disbursing to the rest of the country for a variety of reasons. The traditional Black population is leaving as well, but being replaced by caribbean and africans.

Whites are not growing in NYC, they continue to decline.
I agree with this. I also wanted to add one thing, that the white flight in NYC is still not dead and is still on going. In many traditional white nieghborhoods of central Bronx and south east Bronx aswell as South Brooklyn and various parts of Queens the white population is still declining, whites are still moving into suburbs of the surronding areas and also other parts of the country, last year in Vegas I met Italian transplants from the Bronx, I also have another Italian American friend who is also from Morris Park who now lives in Nevada, I also came across a couple of white NYC transplants who live in NC last year and opened up bussiness. Some white NYC familes either move out togother to other parts or there children leave for better economic options and living options. Five years ago I went to a Beer Garden on 24th avenue. I remember there was some Greeks, Italians and others at the beer garden. I went back to the same Beer Garden lastweek and I noticed all the whites have different American accents or have a generic waspy accent, where did the Greeks and Italians of Astoria all go? White Transplants can not make up for the loss of white New Yorkers becuase Transplants either move to NYC as an individual or for some as married couples cause job transfers to NYC, compared to white New Yorkers who move out as a family of 4 or 5 and others as individual move out. There is a slow decline of white population in NYC, a fast decline of AA, Puerto Ricans are declining aswell, only Asians of all backgrounds and Hispanics continue to increase rapidly.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:37 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,926,447 times
I don't blame them, middle class whites get treated like complete garbage in this city.

I'm hoping I can move to the Midwest in a few years myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City