Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 01:38 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timestwo View Post
I scored a 86.250 on the train operators exam, with the sibling legacy credit 10 points were added, I recieved my results in 2010. I also took the electrical helper/signal maintainer exam a couple of months prior and was called for a urinalysis, but I was never given the test, after they briefly reviewed my resume they advised me that they would get back to me in a week or so... When they finally got back to me, I was advised that I would no longer be considered for the position, they cited Rule 4.7.1(c). Although I did my best to find out what this rule specifically pertained to, I was never able to, transit did advise me of the 3 reasons for denial, one of which was the failure of the drug test, but that couldn't pertain to me, as I never took it, the other 2 potential reasons cited (work history, disiplinary record) are possibilities, but in the end they basically let it be known that they hire whomever they choose to, and "good luck in your job search." I just want know if this situation could negatively effect my chances for getting called for the TO position, I was advised that each dept. was a seperate entity, but I don't believe it, and if they didn't tell me specifically why after going through the interviewing process for the 'electrical helpers' position and taking care of the business that I was told that I had to, and being denied, how could I know, even if called, what I needed to do to be better prepared? I went through a lot, not just in terms of the testing for these positions, but there were a number of things that transit asked me to take care of, I was told after I took care of these things I pretty much had the job, and to be treated in the fashion that I was, with no explaination was a slap in the face, but hey its the city, what can you do... It was intresting, my mom worked for them for 2o plus years and even with her connections she wasn't able to get any info. I have no criminal record, but my major concern is will the reasons that one branch of transit denying me, effect the potential for me being considered for the TO position, it's been 2 years since the test and I haven't heard word one yet.....
And also regarding rule 4.7.1(c), not even the transit employees that I spoke with were able to get any specific information as to what it pertained to...
Were you ever employed before from NYCT? I have heard about that 1 in 3 rule(4.7.1).
2 people who were on a open competitive bus operator list received that letter, both
were former transit employees, one was terminated and the other one given the option to resign.

They can choose whoever they want to hire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 09:21 AM

88 posts, read 261,638 times
According to THE CHIEF newspaper they are up to the last numbers of the Promo List. So soon hopefully they will be in the O/C List time will tell

Old 01-12-2012, 07:35 AM

23 posts, read 69,803 times
Default Exam 8098

I just called the MTA Human Resources Dept and spoke with someone there. She informed me that the last number hired off the Promotional Exam was 475. I hope the new contract gets the old timers to retire and make more room for newbies. I don't wish any ill will towards people just really want the job and in this economy a City job is better than what I'm doing now. Construction sucks at this point.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:05 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gherigfan1 View Post
I just called the MTA Human Resources Dept and spoke with someone there. She informed me that the last number hired off the Promotional Exam was 475. I hope the new contract gets the old timers to retire and make more room for newbies. I don't wish any ill will towards people just really want the job and in this economy a City job is better than what I'm doing now. Construction sucks at this point.
Not much ill will--they should just get lost because that would work in your favor.

Just for the record, Columbia Lou spelled his name "Gehrig."

Old 01-14-2012, 08:29 AM

23 posts, read 69,803 times
Default Gherigfan1

The correct spelling was taken for my e-mail account and this spelling just stuck. What kind of fan would I be if I didn't know that. Thanks for the info though.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:58 PM

3 posts, read 19,138 times
What kind of drug screening do they do for an mat conductor

Old 01-27-2012, 09:00 PM

Default Info

Is it hair or urine drug testing

Old 01-27-2012, 09:04 PM

If someone can get back to me ASAP, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Old 01-28-2012, 09:22 PM

6 posts, read 25,793 times
Why would that matter? If you're clean what's the difference

Old 01-30-2012, 09:08 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabsalt View Post
Why would that matter? If you're clean what's the difference
You'd be surprised at how many people think they're going to get away with something, some way or other. You can show up clean when you're hired, and still get caught dirty in the course of a random drug test--which can happen to anyone working for MTA at any time. (Then they'll put you in "the program," which pretty much means you'll be under the microscope for the rest of your working life. Staying clean in the first place turns out to be the best option. Who would've guessed? )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City