Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 12:19 PM

676 posts, read 1,261,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Let clarify: I don't want kids, regardless of whether I date someone who already has one, or whether I date someone who wants to have them. Someday in the future, if I get my act together, and if I find the right person, there is a slim possibility I might desire them. I'm not even sure I want a lifelong partner.

If anyone assumes I currently posess the capability to be a positive influence towards youth, I will offer to babysit their children. The youth and I will have interesting discussions about whether or not marajuana should be legalized, and how modern culture needs to be torn down and replaced with a more efficent system. They will probably end up playing videogames till 5:00 am in the morning, and eating a solid pound of sugar for breakfast...more or less depending upon their age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 04:51 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
It's far worse to pretend (and even pretend to yourself) that you want to be with a single mother's kids and get involved and the kids and mother find out too late that you really did not want to be around kids.

And single mothers should stop trying to plead with men to disregard the fact that they have kids and so date them anyhow. Why not put your kids' interests first? In fact the single mothers are who need to be the choosiest. They really need to look at how much a man wants to be around kids and if he doesn't - he might be a pal but she should not try for more than that.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:52 PM

867 posts, read 1,588,334 times
I would consider it a date request. Unless you and her were honest with each other about it not being a date. You would have to bring that up with her.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:03 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygirl15 View Post
I would consider it a date request. Unless you and her were honest with each other about it not being a date. You would have to bring that up with her.
I have a concern about her being wierded out by my bringing up the possibility of it being a date...even to say that it's not. I'm very, very good at judging people, and I think this would be the much greater risk factor. This may sound like a small factor, but there are countless factors not so different from this, and if we pay attention to all of them, we'll never gain anything positive.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:13 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Seems like it may be a "date" from your perspective..You state you don't want a kid...and are not interested in long term relationships. So what are you interested in? The word "date" these days seems to equal sex to some..Enjoying the company of the opposite sex is an art..flirtation is a wonderful thing and should be practiced freely in order to get the most out of life.

When I read something - I always look for the sub-text. It may be that when you mention "single mom" - you assume that they are a type..that might lead to easy re-creational sex...Not sure where you are going with this...but...I do suggest you be a gentlemen and show these ladies a wonderful time...It appears that you assume that every "single mom" is some sort of desperate person...who you assume would assume that it was a "date"....If I were a female...I would avoid you...I don't see any benefit in knowing you from how you described your needs. The only benefit for the single mom here is to get out and socialize...You are not that important.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:55 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Seems like it may be a "date" from your perspective..You state you don't want a kid...and are not interested in long term relationships. So what are you interested in? The word "date" these days seems to equal sex to some..Enjoying the company of the opposite sex is an art..flirtation is a wonderful thing and should be practiced freely in order to get the most out of life.

When I read something - I always look for the sub-text. It may be that when you mention "single mom" - you assume that they are a type..that might lead to easy re-creational sex...Not sure where you are going with this...but...I do suggest you be a gentlemen and show these ladies a wonderful time...It appears that you assume that every "single mom" is some sort of desperate person...who you assume would assume that it was a "date"....If I were a female...I would avoid you...I don't see any benefit in knowing you from how you described your needs. The only benefit for the single mom here is to get out and socialize...You are not that important.
Wrong. (regarding the first bolded text)

(regarding the second bolded text) I agree...but there is the bonfire though. She's likely to find that more amusing than I am. I'm hoping it will be fun for her. Therefore it will be enjoyable for me.

Why does everyone seem to put so little emphasis in the small things, the important things due to them adding up over time, such as chatting with a stranger, or going on a five minute walk...or a bonfire (Again, maybe our brains work differently.) I'm not implying that your life is unpleasant, but many people seem to have a strange goal of getting married...and complaining about their spouse...then having children, and complaining about their children, and lets not forget the most successful endeavor...mindless rampant sex with strangers, followed by old, sad, slightly disturbing lonesomness. No thanks. I plan on being unintimidating towards everyone, fed by short term, simple relationships, potential long term relationships if they happen to develop, and sex if mutually and honestly agreed upon. Just so long as I get my bonfires...and maybe a stripper or two once in awhile.

Your input is appreciated though. I disagree with your posts at times, but they tend to be well thought out and noteworthy.

Last edited by Clintone; 09-10-2012 at 07:27 AM..

Old 09-10-2012, 01:54 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
CD strikes again - someone with a terribly pressing problem (of their own making) posts on here, asks for advice, then proceeds to pick it all apart, contradict, argue, ignore.

Most who reply are telling you you're behaving like a fool, but in nicer words...but like a typical fool, everyone else has misunderstood, only you know the TRUE circumstances....in which case, WHY BOTHER ASKING????

Everyone's wrong and you're right, so go ahead. Who cares. If things go terribly, terribly wrong you may well end up ON the bonfire.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:55 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygirl15 View Post
I would think that the fact that she's bringing her own car means it's not a date and she doesn't take it as a date. What kind of date would it be if she drove herself to it?

Old 09-10-2012, 09:49 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post

So, ladies, if you were a good looking single mom in your early twenties, and a single male about four years your senior asked if you'd like to go to a bonfire where no one you knew other than the asker would be, would you consider this a date request?
This from your original post Clintone...you make it sound like you're hoping it will be (unless you told her your other girlfriends(sorry, aquaintances) were going as well,how could she possibly not think that?)....you're all over the board....she's pretty and fun to talk to/ I don't want kids.......I really can't figure out what it is, if anything, that you want from this girl....hopefully not just a one night stand.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:17 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,824 times
why are you worrying about having kids with this person if all you're doing is asking her to go to a bonfire? You should know what you mean. It's not for a forum of strangers to get into your head to figure out how you feel or what you mean when you say things. If it's a one night stand, make sure that's all she wants too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships