Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 04:31 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlquebec102 View Post
Can't believe I'm bringing back this topic again either, but...

...this guy's been pulling crap again. I didn't get any more calls from him after the last one I mentioned when I was on my internship. The last one I mentioned here was the last one. A few days after I finished my internship, I went back to school to sign my papers for completing the program. He was there doing his work (he's in the class that started before mine) with a sad, apologetic face when I came in. I was talking to one of the teachers and some of the students still working there, and he came up to and was just like "So how did you get home that night..." I didn't really give him an answer and was just like "Yeah, I got home. Don't worry..."

He continued having this "apologetic" (or I don't really know what to call it) look on his face while I was waiting for the teacher to ask him some questions I had. Then after I had my questions, I said bye to the teacher and some of the other students and left. I was really expecting some fight or argument about money to happen. But I guess maybe the guy I spoke to who was in his class told him what I had said to him, about how I was considering calling the cops and how he changed $30 to $50, and that made him realize that I'm a smart guy or something????

So I left the school and thought it was finally over with him and wouldn't have to deal with this issue anymore. But last week, I started getting repeated anonymous phone calls that I didn't answer. I knew it was him. He used the anonymous feature on his phone when he pulled crap with me other times and was playing jokes, plus I don't ever get any other "anonymous" calls from anyone else. These calls have now entered the second week and I still haven't answered them. He's been doing this almost everyday for 2 to 4 times each day and he takes a break for one day and then just continues on the other days. He used just one of his calls without the anonymous feature and just showed his number, like I didn't know it was him all along. I DON'T WANNA FREAKIN' TALK TO THIS GUY ANYMORE. Am I being harsh by not giving him a chance when he looked all apologetic? Or do you think he could just be playing another game?

Should I just answer one of the calls and see what it is he wants? I know I won't be going out to hang out with him anymore no matter what he says. Do I call my service provider and tell them to block his number or should I wait how much longer he makes his repeated calls before he gives up?

What do you guys think?
He's full of it. If he genuinely cared how you got home that night, he would have ensured you got home safely, that night.

What he's doing right now is trying to control you.

If you answer that phone, if you talk to him, you open the door to more drama.

DO. NOT. TALK. TO. HIM. EVER. AGAIN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 05:01 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,021,497 times
He has taken his collection efforts to such absurd extremes that at this point, he probably believes you owe the $30. I agree with those who say you should pay the money to the waitress/establishment because it is owed by your group, though not by you directly, and that you should have no further contact with the stalker.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:12 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Who pays 140 dollars for Jack Daniels?

Old 11-14-2012, 11:49 PM

46 posts, read 100,050 times
You were drunk enough not to figure out what was going on. chalk it up as some experience.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:16 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,706 times
Wow, what a story.
I'm not sure about the towns and bars that everyone on here goes to, but where I'm from, the bartender/waitress never 'let's' you leave without paying your bill. All of you that say 'go back to the bar and pay $30'. I have NEVER been allowed to just leave an open bar bill, ANYWHERE. The bill has been paid in full by someone the night of the original incident.
The guy in the story, the harasser, thinks that he can lie, and bully, and manipulate the OP into paying for this bottle service. I wouldn't pay anyone anything. I guarantee, the bartender got paid, but if you feel like being a fairy tale story knight
in shining armor, then go to the bar, and talk to a manger, and say "I'm sorry, but I may have left an open tab last time I was here, do you keep records of unpaid bills? I want to settle up my debt if necessary." I really think the manager will look at you like you are kinda crazy.
I think you should tell the guy, "Stop contacting me, if you keep calling me with blocked numbers, or harass me, I am going to the cops." Try to record the convo if you can. Set your phone on video mode, put it in your pocket, and try to catch the convo so you have evidense telling the guy to leave you alone. Then, if you keep getting the calls/ harrassment, go to the police station and file a complaint. Oh, and be prepared to fight. This guy may physically come after you. but if he does, then you go to the cops again, but this time he goes to jail.
You got yourself involved with a reeeeeeallllly bad/ shady person. leran from this, and don't befriend people this bad. Bejng alone on that friday or saturday would have been better then the hours and hours you have stressed and sweated over a ridiculous made up $30 bar tab that some crazy guy made up so he can make money off you.
Chances are, the shady guy didnt pay a nickel in the first place, and scammed someone else to pay his share (been there, had that happen).
Never talk to this guy, don't befriend him. He isnt sorry. He doesnt care. He will only continue to be crazy. Do you want crazy ?
Hopefully you learn from this, as this is seriously one of the most screwy situations I've ever heard of.
All the crazy crap I went through when i was 21 probably never was this deep. But, as they say, s*** happens.....

Old 12-07-2012, 07:25 AM

433 posts, read 1,370,038 times
Here's the deal. I'm going to be running into this guy again. Another buddy of mine, who even knows about this incident but not everything I explained here, is planning a short-movie festival for a few days in a bar. I'll be attending this Sunday, and according to this event's Facebook page, the jerk is too.

My buddy who's planning this festival is in the same class as the guy who was using me, and says that he can tell that he's really sorry and regrets it. How the hell can you be sorry and regret doing something so planned, stupid, and could have been easily avoided?? He even says that I should talk to him so he can apologize to me... Seriously?? What is he going to say? "Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were a complete idiot and thought you would be too drunk to realize what was going on. I just wanted to save some money. And I lied to you about the rest of the guys coming too so you come along. And I also thought you were stupid to not recognize my voice when I made up that name on the phone about your supposed lost cell phone."

I even blocked this guy's phone number on my cell, but unfortunately my phone still tells me when he calls "Blocked call rejected" and shows me the guy's number, even the unknown ones. He does it every once in a while, when he's bored I guess, even with the 'Unknown' number calls.

What do you guys think? Is everything he did apologize-worthy? To me, it's not. It could have been so easily avoided.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:26 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlquebec102 View Post
Here's the deal. I'm going to be running into this guy again. Another buddy of mine, who even knows about this incident but not everything I explained here, is planning a short-movie festival for a few days in a bar. I'll be attending this Sunday, and according to this event's Facebook page, the jerk is too.

My buddy who's planning this festival is in the same class as the guy who was using me, and says that he can tell that he's really sorry and regrets it. How the hell can you be sorry and regret doing something so planned, stupid, and could have been easily avoided?? He even says that I should talk to him so he can apologize to me... Seriously?? What is he going to say? "Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were a complete idiot and thought you would be too drunk to realize what was going on. I just wanted to save some money. And I lied to you about the rest of the guys coming too so you come along. And I also thought you were stupid to not recognize my voice when I made up that name on the phone about your supposed lost cell phone."

I even blocked this guy's phone number on my cell, but unfortunately my phone still tells me when he calls "Blocked call rejected" and shows me the guy's number, even the unknown ones. He does it every once in a while, when he's bored I guess, even with the 'Unknown' number calls.

What do you guys think? Is everything he did apologize-worthy? To me, it's not. It could have been so easily avoided.
I have not seen such emotional drama between two men since Brokeback Mountain.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:30 AM

844 posts, read 2,020,149 times
What a bunch of girl drama. Seriously though, my suggestion is that you actually READ the advice here and think about it. Which you have not shown any signs of doing. Instead you just come here and obsess, saying things like "He's at it again" and "I thought it was over". OF COURSE he's at it again. He's an ******* and a little bit obsessed with you clearly. Why would you ever consider interacting with someone you know is calling you multiple times a day to harass you? You really need to think about why, deep inside, you have so much trouble disengaging from this drama.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:28 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,347,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
.if a man wants a friend
Friends are overrated.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:23 AM

433 posts, read 1,370,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiacook View Post
What a bunch of girl drama. Seriously though, my suggestion is that you actually READ the advice here and think about it. Which you have not shown any signs of doing. Instead you just come here and obsess, saying things like "He's at it again" and "I thought it was over". OF COURSE he's at it again. He's an ******* and a little bit obsessed with you clearly. Why would you ever consider interacting with someone you know is calling you multiple times a day to harass you? You really need to think about why, deep inside, you have so much trouble disengaging from this drama.
I don't know if that's just teasing or if you really think I'm a girl when you say "girl drama", but I'm a guy btw. And yes, I have read the advice here and done what was said. I have ignored all his calls.

For the part I bolded, do you mean interacting with him at the short-fim festival? I can't control him being there, but it's also not fair that I can't have a social life without being cautious about him. I'm trying to be more sociable and go out more and get away from my shy, quiet self. Maybe when we see each other then I can just ignore him or just say hi (if he's really sorry or something) and that's that.

And I have such trouble getting away from this drama because something about him always comes up. It's not something to "think deep inside" about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships