Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 01:32 PM

1,485 posts, read 957,233 times

Advertisements

Pettiness. My wife & MIL are good at this. They will absolutely RUIN an entire day because I parked the car 6 inches away from the curb instead of right up against it. They love to be petty

B**ching and griping about me in a foreign language. If you have a bone to pick with me do it directly and in a language I understand.

Know-it-alls - I've been in construction for many years. If you've never worked in construction, don't tell me how to put shingles on a roof. I'm very experienced at it. Don't tell me how to replace or finish drywall, I'm very experienced at it.

Messy eaters. I know one older woman who eats with her fingers. And her face is kind of shaped like a gorilla face where her mouth sort of juts out. Picture the scene here, eating with her fingers, amount picked up with fingers doesn't all fit in mouth so some drops back down on the plate and she's chewing with some food still sticking to her lips. And this old woman is hard on the eyes to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 04:15 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,025,487 times
- loud eating
- not lifting feet while walking
- overly loud talking
- loudly chewing gum
- tardiness
- more than two "LIKES" in every sentence
- littering
- constanly playing on cell while talking with others

Old 06-06-2014, 10:38 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,429,004 times
Chronic lateness/flaking out
Cell phone talking
Texting/playing with phone while I'm talking to someone
People talking with their mouth full - SO gross.
People obsessive about one topic, i.e. people who can only talk about skiing and skiing and more skiing. Read a book, learn a new skill, gods, just stop being a one note song. It's boring!

Edited to add:
People who woe-is-me all the time but never change a thing about what they are doing; drama queens
People who do not do their part, don't volunteer for anything, just exist in a world that other people are trying to make better while they soak up the benefits.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:14 PM

10,165 posts, read 7,823,475 times
Drama queens for sure.
Loud talking
Being late
Arrogance
Negativity all the time
Slow drivers
Cigarette smoking
People that get arrested for drugs, alcohol, etc yet seem to not be punished and they do it again and again.
People that talk talk talk and it's all about them.
Children having baby after baby after baby when they can't afford even one baby
Itchy sticky sand in my clothes from the beach
Too many calories in a tasty brownie and any other tasty food. Why can't food that tastes good be good for you? What's with that?

Old 06-10-2014, 09:31 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,067,306 times
Here's mine, and I hope it comes out as intended.

My biggest and perhaps only "important" pet peeve is when people assume that their habits and preferences are universal and those that don't share them are somehow wrong.

I know some people (family) who watch 6 hours of football every Sunday for 4 months a year. Some of them get insulted if you decline invites to join them too often (in their estimation). Watching football on TV, however popular it may be, isn't for everyone and nobody should feel judged as a snob or spoil-sport if they don't want to join you on the couch every single Sunday.

Or maybe it's that the whole family goes to XXX for a week each summer but one summer you and your family want to or have the opportunity to go to YYY which you prefer. This. One. Time. Nope...you're a snob or you're being contrarian.

Or maybe you've gone with the same group of friends to, i dunno, Dave Matthews Band for a few shows in a row and you've simply had enough DMB to last you a lifetime and you suggest some other band...nope, "why are such a hater?" "Why are you so difficult?" Which is really saying they can't see past their obsession with DMB to realize he's not universally loved.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:01 AM

486 posts, read 833,432 times
People who you have to just tell them what they want to hear.

Person: "Do you have any of item A"
Me: "No."
Person: "Are you sure you don't have some where do you normally keep it."
Me: "We don't have any of that."
Person: "Where do you keep it I'll go and look for it myself."
Me: Tells the person the farthest location I can think of in the facility.

An hour later the person comes back and complains that they wasted a long time looking for the item.
Me: "I told you two times that i didn't have that item"

Old 06-10-2014, 12:16 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,409,280 times
I have one minor pet peeve. For some reason it grates on my nerves in any myriad of ways, and it is a ridiculously minor issue.

But I hate HATE HATE HATE when people say "pitcher" instead of "picture." I have terrible speaking grammar, and my Jersey accent is never a joy to listen to. But "pitcher" when you mean "picture" drives me NUTS.

Sigh.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:53 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,276,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I have one minor pet peeve. For some reason it grates on my nerves in any myriad of ways, and it is a ridiculously minor issue.

But I hate HATE HATE HATE when people say "pitcher" instead of "picture." I have terrible speaking grammar, and my Jersey accent is never a joy to listen to. But "pitcher" when you mean "picture" drives me NUTS.

Sigh.

You share that one with movie director John Waters. He mentions it on his DVD "This Filthy World".

Old 06-10-2014, 12:54 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,747,904 times
I can't stand when people blow their noses at the table when everyone is eating.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:18 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,256,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I can't stand when people blow their noses at the table when everyone is eating.
Ugh!! That drives me nuts! My mother couldn't stand it either. And then those same people who didn't get up to throw out their dirty tissue, have the nerve to touch the rest of the food on the table!

That's one of my biggest.

I have way, WAY too many so I'm going to list just a few:

-people who walk/act obliviously (i.e.: I'm going to go apesh*t on people who keep walking with their head down staring at their phones)

-people who take Sunday strolls in the subway and then just suddenly STOP

-people who feel they're entitled to just walk to the front of any line

-loud eaters

-loud sneezers--sorry, nobody needs to sneeze their spleen through their nostrils

-people who never let you finish your sentence because they have to interject every 10 seconds to get their opinion in

-people who just don't understand how it's possible that you didn't see something:

Them: Did you see that accident? I don't know what happened. Do you know what happened?
Me: No, I didn't see it. I didn't come from that direction.
Them: What do you mean you didn't see it? There were fire trucks and the road was closed.
Me: I didn't come that way. I took a different route. I didn't pass that location at all.
Them: I don't understand how you didn't see it. I think a car flipped over.
Me: What freaking part don't you understand that I DIDN'T COME THAT WAY SO I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING?!?!?

(^that's a true story, btw)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships