Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 02:35 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,259 times

Advertisements

People who talk trash about friends or family behind their back. Most of the time, this is done to make the person doing the trash talking look better then whoever is getting trashed.

People that think that because they are physically bigger than the next guy can do whatever they want, even though they know, or don't care that it will upset or **** off the other guy/person.

Interupter-talkers: Basically people that when in conversation with you cut off what you are saying so they can say what they want, even though you were literally mid sentence.

People that are users- These people ALWAYS are looking at people and trying to figure out what each person can offer them, and will take opportunities to take things from anyone, without ever giving anything back/holding up their end of the bargain/ agreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 08:06 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,951,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
These are some of mine:

-having to repeat myself. I hate saying the same thing over and over. My ex used to do this when he wasn't paying attention and it drove me up the wall.

-people who comment on how I look. I know this sounds odd-- I am not talking compliments such as "oh you look nice today" but discussion of how I look as though I am not within earshot. Recently when I was in a store trying something on, some woman said to her companion "look at her. She can wear something like that because of her shape" and started dissecting how I was built. I know she probably didn't mean anything by it, but it annoyed me.

-being asked questions that people already know the answers to. One friend was famous for this, and would ask "what should I do?" I would answer, and she would say "no, I can't do that." I would suggest something else, and she would shoot that down too. Finally she would answer her own question. Made me nuts!

-people that talk. with. lots. of. pauses. I have a coworker who does this. Drives. many. of. us. crazy.

What are yours?
Agreed on all the bolded. The other ones for me are ignorant people who know nothing except a few things on a certain topic (sports, politics, for example), people who can't remember anything for more than 24 hours, people who argue with me about my line of work when they aren't in it, asking how much I make, and people who want to know every meaningless detail about me.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:06 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,487,222 times
Another one:

People who are prone to frivolous ego battles.. both online and offline. I won't give any specific examples but look here and you'll see plenty of threads where one person and another are going back and forth in a thread for many pages.. I'd just cut my losses and enjoy a beer or a day on the beach.. unless I get a pot of gold for winning.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:11 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Gum-snapping.

Hate it. HATE IT.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:36 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,262,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
People who talk with their mouth open...

??????

Old 12-19-2012, 05:47 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
People who talk with their mouth open, people who chew with their mouth open, people who dribble and don't wipe it up, people who blow their nose with their hand, people who pick their nose, people who hawk up phlegm and spit it on the floor - all of these are just disgusting behavior
Wow. Where do you hang out? But all people talk with their mouth open or they are mumbling. Did you mean talk while eating maybe?

Old 12-19-2012, 07:14 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,854,599 times
Here's one from city life (as well as mall shopping)--

people who walk slowly (stroll) two or three abreast and are oblivious to anyone trying to pass.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:35 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,951,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
Here's one from city life (as well as mall shopping)--

people who walk slowly (stroll) two or three abreast and are oblivious to anyone trying to pass.
The Wal-Mart Walk.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:44 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
Eversince I read of Freud asking this loaded, trumped question of his patients, to get to the quick of understanding this person better, find out what lurks in their subconscious minds, and how revealing the answers can be, I was !

My Eastern philosophy readings didn't help: So easy to become what we hate!

If you've got an elephantine memory, remember these types of questions of people in your past, you will see and you will be through the passing of time!

Oh, alright!!! People who peeve me: those showing up early for an appointment (love them to death for showing up late!), poor/sloppy liars (I love a good expert liar!), nonstop talkers, perennially positive-minded people!

Old 12-20-2012, 11:04 PM

371 posts, read 1,211,864 times
I know practically everyone does it...but I still think that people that are on their phones constantly when you're trying to have a real conversation with them are incredibly rude. You don't need to set your phone on the table in front of you at a resteraunt unless you are expecting an extremely important call. Texting, facebook, and twitter can wait. I hate when I'm trying to actually talk to someone face to face and they are busy texting or have their eyes glued to their phone for some reason.

I hate when people "flake out" on things. If you say you're going to do something, follow through! I used to have a friend that was constantly making plans with me (her idea, so I know she wasn't just being nice or something) and then texting me hours before to tell me she wasn't feeling well, someone in her family wasn't feeling well, her sister suddenly needed help with something, etc. She probably did this at least half of the times we were suppposed to get together. I eventually just stopped responding to her all together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships