Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 01:11 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,354,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
Oh here is one--

People who say "I am the kind of person who...." This tells me two things:
1. You don't think I am capable of figuring out what kind of person you are and
2. You feel the need to define others opinion of you.
hahah! YES! another one i hate is when people say "what i call" or "what i like to call" and it isn't a term they made up, its just a term. let me illustrate- a guy is talking about the weather and he will say "this up here is what i like to call 'clouds'". or you are talking to an FBI profiler and he says "i like to call this sort of murderer a serial murderer". it gives the impression that this is a term that you invented yourself and anyone else who uses it is just riding on your coattails. its one thing to say, "you know, this meal is what i like to call splediferousnessocity". its another to say, "this meal is something i like to call delicious". its just freaking annoying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 01:23 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Here's another one:

Those who treat others not with simply courtesy, but rather based on their usefulness at that moment.

I know a couple of people like that. If they need something from you, they just will be as pleasant as can be. But they'll push right past you at the supermarket the next day without saying a word.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:45 PM

530 posts, read 1,131,339 times
Two of my biggest pet peeves with people:

When walking for example in the mall, a sidewalk, etc and the person/people do not move over to let walking oncoming traffic by. Share the sidewalk, space, etc. It is so beyond rude. I have had to step aside onto the grass and let the person/people walk by, etc

Or

Similar a person does not say excuse me when passing so beyond rude. Examples mall, grocery store, etc

Old 12-15-2012, 04:06 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,846,929 times
People who talk with their mouth open, people who chew with their mouth open, people who dribble and don't wipe it up, people who blow their nose with their hand, people who pick their nose, people who hawk up phlegm and spit it on the floor - all of these are just disgusting behavior

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:16 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Reasonable: People who are always late
Unreasonable: People with no grasp of grammar (you're and your is rampant)

Old 12-15-2012, 04:26 PM

260 posts, read 473,341 times
It makes me mad when people you don't know (mostly men I've noticed) get into a lift (elevator) and don't face the doors, but stand so they are facing the side wall, so they are essentially staring at you the whole way, it's so uncomfortable especially when it's just 2 of you in there. Face the doors you f-wits!

Old 12-15-2012, 04:29 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,150,276 times
Wow, I didnt how many pet peeves I had until I read this read. I found myself agreeing with almost every comment. lol. My latest pet peeve? People that feel the need to let others know on facebook what types of behaviors and/or comments will cause them to unfriend people. Every time I see this, I have an urge to do exactly what will get me unfriended.

I've seen this a lot in the past few months. These posts of ......anyone that does this or that.....Most of it is stupid sheet and seems childish. If you are getting game requests then personally tell the person that sent you one, to stop. If you love Taylor Swift and are going to get your panties in a wad because someone doesn't care for her music then realize that not everyone likes the same things as you do. Sheesh. If someone annoys me on facebook and I dont wish for them to be on my page, I delete them. I put out an announcement first.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:42 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,546,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Reasonable: People who are always late
Unreasonable: People with no grasp of grammar (you're and your is rampant)
Also rampant is the wrong use of then and than. It is so annoying.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:59 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,407,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mading6 View Post
Two of my biggest pet peeves with people:

When walking for example in the mall, a sidewalk, etc and the person/people do not move over to let walking oncoming traffic by. Share the sidewalk, space, etc. It is so beyond rude. I have had to step aside onto the grass and let the person/people walk by, etc

Or

Similar a person does not say excuse me when passing so beyond rude. Examples mall, grocery store, etc
You reminded me - the people that are so engrossed in their texting and walking that they don't notice that other people are trying to maneuver around them to get somewhere. Also, people that practically let the door slam in your face as you walk out behind them. I know it's not nice, but part of me hopes that people this unaware get pick-pocketed.

Another one - people who shoehorn their religion into every single situation.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:06 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,775,936 times
Someone who talks constantly and never shuts up. When riding in a vehicle will read every sign on the road...outloud of coarse! Blah, Blah, Blah.

Servers and cooks who have dirty fingernails, dirty clothes, dirty hair.

Braggerts.

People who always want more of everything at a restaurant, extra this, extra that and they want it no charge, if they have to pay...they'll pass. They are the same ones who are sticking sugar, creamers, rolls, silverware and anything else they can get in their purses.

Talking on the cell when sitting on the pot in a public restroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships