Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 05:17 PM

819 posts, read 1,592,812 times

Advertisements

No, I'm not trying to dismantle you or anyone else. I sincerely hope you can get away from your abusive family and become a happy person. I did think it strange that you posted on both sites the same day. I do understand that you are having a rough go of it and I'll try to be more gentle. See if you can get some help from some professionals. Does Target have anyone you could talk to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 05:31 PM

80 posts, read 87,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyMJ View Post
No, I'm not trying to dismantle you or anyone else. I sincerely hope you can get away from your abusive family and become a happy person. I did think it strange that you posted on both sites the same day. I do understand that you are having a rough go of it and I'll try to be more gentle. See if you can get some help from some professionals. Does Target have anyone you could talk to?

I can ask them if i can transfer out of state, but i just applied for classes. So that is out of the question.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:56 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisthedealwith View Post
Wait, WHAT?
Personal ads??

Dude, you just lost your credibility. What do you think, some poor woman is going to play mom for you while you try and work this out? Time to get healthy and make a new life for yourself. Not get laid.

Sheesh!

Tell me about it.

Just a rant

Old 03-06-2013, 07:46 PM

102 posts, read 152,415 times
If you're 30 she's probably menopausing. Women in their 50's act like a fool while menopausing. they cant help it. Its a mental thing messes with their head. You still living at home is probably making her a little crazy too.

Get a girl or some friends cousin or something to move in with and get away from that batty chick. I feel for u. No mother should act like that unless she's got mental problems and forgot her meds. There's another guy on here complaining about how his mother texts him all day every day. A lot of ppl told him he should be happy she does that much. Atleast he's not dealing with what yr dealing with.

The only way to cure that is to get away from it. Look for anybody and everybody you can room with. Split the rent 3 or 4 ways if you have to. But seriously. Just bounce.

Last edited by L3XX; 03-06-2013 at 08:25 PM..

Old 03-06-2013, 10:57 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,559,505 times
Trell I'm so glad you are figuring out how to get away...if you can get to a shelter first, that will give you the time and space you then need to formulate a solid plan.

Come to Texas! There's so much opportunity here - we'd love to have you!

Old 03-06-2013, 10:59 PM

80 posts, read 87,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Trell I'm so glad you are figuring out how to get away...if you can get to a shelter first, that will give you the time and space you then need to formulate a solid plan.

Come to Texas! There's so much opportunity here - we'd love to have you!
Well Is it warm there? I'd have to save up my money just for a bus ticket, and i'd have to let my job know i have to quit in order to relocate.

Last edited by Trell B; 03-06-2013 at 11:07 PM..

Old 03-07-2013, 02:51 AM

101 posts, read 201,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Yep, My BIL went to a community college (Clover Park TC in Lakewood, Wa) to get his certification so that he could work for Boeing.
certification no.
Airframe and Powerplant License possibly.
But it's very competitive.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:23 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trell B View Post
Well Is it warm there? I'd have to save up my money just for a bus ticket, and i'd have to let my job know i have to quit in order to relocate.
Maybe you could check if there's a job you could transfer to somewhere else in a different state. Since it's a national chain that you're working for, you might want to try to hang onto that job but move to another store.

You could check at a YMCA or look around for a homeless shelter and move out. Or look around at places that you can rent cheap -- a cheap trailer park -- anything would be better than living in an abusive situation.

One thing the OP really has going for him is his work ethic. A job, even one that doesn't pay well is his salvation, he has a paycheck, even with cut hours, it's something and with a paycheck, he can keep his money and start building from there.

Last edited by malamute; 03-07-2013 at 04:04 AM..

Old 03-07-2013, 06:14 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,162,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trell B View Post
Ok seriously, did you really have to call me out on that. That was ABSOLUTELY UNNECESSARY! That was BEFORE ALL THIS SH*T BETWEEN MY FAMILY BROKE LOOSE. Right now im not concerned about the d*mn personal ad, i'm trying to get the f*ck away. I'd literally give you a piece of my mind and rip you apart, but i don't want to be flagged for a personal attack.
Not an unreasonable point; you posted it right here on the C-D relationships forum so it's hardly a secret.. You posted the ad three days ago, the same day you started this thread. And in your other "rant" thread that someone posted below, you're bemoaning the fact that you have no luck with women. And in yet another (locked) thread you complain about the same thing...all these threads started in the last three days. Which sort of disputes your assertion that you're not concerned about your personal ad, or that you posted it before blah blah "broke loose."

You are getting a TON of very good advice from helpful people here. It's not fair to be disingenuous with people who are trying to sympathise and help.

You potentially have a lot going for you - you graduated from high school, you can go to college, you have a roof over your head, you have a job, you're computer-savvy, you're intelligent, you're young and presumably reasonably fit.

Your mother might be a dreadful and hateful person, but your parents are the ones giving you a place to live and food to eat...they're not standing in your way. I think you and your anger is standing in your way. Some of your now-deleted posts were really an extreme overreaction to others' posts. I suggested in your rant thread getting counseling; there are plenty of free alternatives, especially if you enroll in college. I seriously think it's an option you should consider.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:00 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Okay, you've gotten lots of good advice from a lot of people, not all of whom are exasperated. It seems to me you have several viable options:

1. Enroll in college classes asap - you may have to wait until summer to do this, unless you can find a local college which offers half-semester classes. Meanwhile, go over to the college and talk with the admissions department about your situation and goals. Find out if college loans are available and what they can suggest in the way of housing.

2. Stay with your present job, but look into transferring to another location. Find out the cost of a bus ticket, locate temporary housing (could be the Y, could be a cheap motel, could be a shelter) in the new location.

3. Find out what's required to get a raise or to increase your income at your current job.

4. Consider taking a second job, or finding another job which pays more. Good grief, go door to door in your neighborhood and offer to shovel snow off sidewalks and driveways. You can easily pick up $20 or more per house this way - five houses= $100, not bad for a few hours' work and investment in a good snow shovel (which should be on sale, this late in the season). When spring comes, offer to assist with yard clean-up, hedge trimming, planting grass seed, mowing, whatever needs doing. Use the time you're presenting spending in the basement playing computer games working and earning money for your future.

5. Locate temporary housing in your present area - again, it could be a shelter, the Y, a cheap motel, living with a roommate, etc. Anything that removes you from your present situation while you continue to consider making a bigger move. Check the newspapers and local community newsletters, craigslist, community bulletin boards, etc. There are usually tabloids which list available rentals. Check with local churches, even if you don't have much use for organized religion (interested that you termed your rescuer a "good samaritan" - do you know the origin of that term?)

6. Get counseling via Al-Anon (which is for families and friends of alcoholics, and is free. There should be several weekly meetings in your area, and once you get to one, hitching a ride with someone else might be a possibility) or your local mental health center (where it should be free or inexpensive to obtain weekly counseling), learn about how co-dependency can be incapacitating, and apply what you learn. At least get some library books about co-dependency and alcoholism, if you can't swing Al-Anon meetings or counseling.

7. Or stay in your present situation and continue to complain and fume while spinning your wheels. I do not recomment this.

By the way, how long have you been working at your present job? Did you work previously? I am a little confused as to why at age 28, you state that you cannot afford to move out, get a car, etc. Have you any savings at all? It's fine to pay rent and/or help with expenses if you're living at home with your family under normal circumstances, but it's clear your circumstances are not normal. What has happened to all the money you've earned? Did some of it go into the various aviation-related computer games or equipment you've described? Did you give it all to your parents, under duress or voluntarily? Where did it go?

You can improve your life and make it much, much better - but you have to decide to take the first steps, and you have to decide what those first steps should be and in what direction you want them to take you.

Best wishes to you in helping yourself out of your present plight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships