Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 09:42 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times

Advertisements

I was wondering how long this would take to be the cops fault. Thanks for not disappointing me C-D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 09:44 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I was wondering how long this would take to be the cops fault. Thanks for not disappointing me C-D.
Who said it was the cops fault??

Old 04-25-2013, 04:33 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,190,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
OMG. I know this isnt funny and I'd absolutely hate, hate, hate to live/work/associate with someone like the OP's sister -- but I cant stop laughing at the sister's insisting that she doesnt want to be arrested. The visual of this incident is just too humorous.
How can you laugh?? The sister is apparently above the laws that govern other people and these disrespectful police come and bother her!! How dare they put handcuffs on her!!

Old 04-25-2013, 05:36 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
How can you laugh?? The sister is apparently above the laws that govern other people and these disrespectful police come and bother her!! How dare they put handcuffs on her!!
Hahahaha........STOP IT!!!!! OMG....the laughing is starting all over again!

Old 04-25-2013, 07:30 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Its not what they did, its how they did it and went about it. The harsh nature in which they went about it is often going to lead to a harsh reaction from the person. We are talking about unpaid parking fines here not a damn murderer.
Speeding fines means the car was moving. Too fast.

Parking fines means the car wasn't moving. At all.

One is a tad more dangerous to members of the public than the other, and has different consequences.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:45 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Speeding fines means the car was moving. Too fast.

Parking fines means the car wasn't moving. At all.

One is a tad more dangerous to members of the public than the other, and has different consequences.
Yes!! Good grief....it's not as if she got those "speeding tickets" for going too slow, is it?
Okay, where's that OP? Did she get tossed into the pokey?....or did she bully her way out of it? Hahaha

Old 04-26-2013, 10:23 AM

385 posts, read 615,344 times
OP, please let us know when/where your sister is to appear in court. It's been a long time since I've seen a judge lay a good smack down on a defendent who hadn't yet learned humility. I'll bring the popcorn.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:45 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,159,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Well, as I said its alot different to here and I prefer it like it is here.
In such a situation here, they would give you several written warnings. If its still not paid, they would re-possess some of your assets to cover the cost. Not harshly arrest you and throw you in jail at the cost of the taxpayer. That is saved for the serious crimes! cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Sorry, I prefer it this way. The woman clearly had MULTIPLE tickets, got pulled over (oh no, wait...they WERE going to pull her over), but she refused to pull over. Oh I know!...she knew they were going to give her yet ANOTHER ticket, so hey...."If I don't pull over, they can't give me a ticket!" Yes....brilliant! Therefore, she is a chronic offender (traffic infractions, evaded the law, AND resisted arrest! Yes, I like our way much better. It would be a damn shame if they didn't actually put her in jail to think about what she did.

Oh wait....that would be horrible though...putting her in jail like a "common criminal". Nooooo, wait...she IS a common criminal, with multiple offenses.
I have gotten A LOT of laughs over this thread!

Old 04-26-2013, 03:12 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,910,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Obviously she is not in Los Angeles. LAPD would have blown her head off and this thread would be in P&OC.
B.S., and highly offensive. I have lived in Los Angeles for over 50 years and I'm not sure why you are demonizing the LAPD. Yes, I am aware of a few rogue cops, such as Raphael Perez, out of a force of 7,000 or 8,000 (or perhaps more) sworn personnel. And he did prison time for his crimes. Why are you mis-characterizing a very professional force for a few bad apples? Can you imagine any group of 8,000 people, no matter how carefully screened, without some? They are human beings (i.e., some are flawed), not automatons.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:15 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
This thread was a riot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships