Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 02:29 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
I think we have here either 1) a lot of child haters 2) a lot of single people who have no one to love and, therefore, will never have kids or 3) people who dont like sex.
Once again, you haven't even read half the replies here. Wow.
NO where has anyone on this thread said they didn't like sex.
NO where has anyone said they are single with no one to love. Plenty of people love me and I them.
And NO where has anyone said they hated children.
You just make stuff up to satisfy what you WANT to justify your opinions.
You are useless to talk to.

People who don't have kids probably like sex more! People without kids tend to have more sex - no kids to interrupt keep them too busy or tire them out!
As for the "not bringing kids into a doomed world" cliche? Half of your opinions are outdated cliches.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:30 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,033,385 times
Quote:
I pray and sing for those who are childless that they may see the light....

<snip clip>
LOL

Sung by an artist who was childless.

Off to the bozo bin with you.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I pray and sing for those who are childless that they may see the light....

Queen - Somebody To Love - 1976 - YouTube

Ironic you are using a song sung by someone who never had children!
I am beginning to think you are a troll LMAO.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
LOL

Sung by an artist who was childless.

Off to the bozo bin with you.
LOL we posted at the same time.
Great minds...
I think he does need to go to the bozo bin.
He isn't even reading half the replies.
His posts contradicts half of them...

Old 08-22-2013, 02:34 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
Quote:
I think we have here either 1) a lot of child haters 2) a lot of single people who have no one to love and, therefore, will never have kids or 3) people who dont like sex.
Yeah, like you need someone to love to have a kid. All you need is a penis and vagina to meet. Ask any single parent.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:35 PM

541 posts, read 1,995,698 times
Quote:
You really need to stop emulating Al Gore..the world is ok, it will survive forever.

Oh and the I choose not to have children and subject them to what is going on in the world today excuse is so cliche...its about 40 years old by now. Amazing how people continue to survive and prosper.
Rich white people?

The world has been a pretty crappy place for many people for 40+ years. Maybe there was a decent run in the US/Europe for some of the 80's/90's. The Black Death was great-right?! I am sure kids loved working in factories in the Industrial Revolution. Being used to farm 5am-8pm 7 days a week. Parents must have loved having their children die in WW1, WW2, Vietnam, etc., etc. Africa-wow. How many hundreds of thousands killed in genocide there? Middle East-great place to grow up female. Young Chinese factory workers-they sure prosper! No one jumping off roofs there... Street kids in Thailand entertaining US businessmen-awesome life for them. Babies in Syria this week-they are surviving-right? Victims of Adam Lanza and the Boston Marathon bombers-great childhood memories...

YOU may be surviving and prospering. How about we help those who are not instead of having more? Those of us that are prospering?

Old 08-22-2013, 02:37 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,898 times
Freddie was gay but if he was straight I bet he would have loads of kids

Old 08-22-2013, 02:40 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthatmouse View Post
Rich white people?

The world has been a pretty crappy place for many people for 40+ years. Maybe there was a decent run in the US/Europe for some of the 80's/90's. The Black Death was great-right?! I am sure kids loved working in factories in the Industrial Revolution. Being used to farm 5am-8pm 7 days a week. Parents must have loved having their children die in WW1, WW2, Vietnam, etc., etc. Africa-wow. How many hundreds of thousands killed in genocide there? Middle East-great place to grow up female. Young Chinese factory workers-they sure prosper! No one jumping off roofs there... Street kids in Thailand entertaining US businessmen-awesome life for them. Babies in Syria this week-they are surviving-right? Victims of Adam Lanza and the Boston Marathon bombers-great childhood memories...

YOU may be surviving and prospering. How about we help those who are not instead of having more? Those of us that are prospering?
Keep having kids. Someone needs to do the grunt work for us rich white folks.

Did you get an A in history class this semester?

Old 08-22-2013, 02:45 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times
Quote:
You really need to stop emulating Al Gore..the world is ok, it will survive forever.

Oh and the I choose not to have children and subject them to what is going on in the world today excuse is so cliche...its about 40 years old by now. Amazing how people continue to survive and prosper.
I'm neither overtly pro-child or pro-CF (these are such personal decisions I think it's silly to debate), but I agree with you about this being a cliche. Just as I roll my eyes when I hear about parents suddenly becoming enlightened buddhas just because they care for a child, I also roll my eyes when seemingly every CF person claims to be dedicated to saving the universe.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:47 PM

372 posts, read 599,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Yeah, like you need someone to love to have a kid. All you need is a penis and vagina to meet. Ask any single parent.
If you want better chances of successfully raising a kid then yes, you should raise it with a person who you love.

This whole thread is ridiculous. I'm happy you all don't have children, your parenting would be.. yikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships